Traded Nathan Wilson [traded to Fremantle]

Remove this Banner Ad

SHill Shall

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
Couldn’t be happier. While I didn’t foresee top up value going to GWS above our 2018 2nd rounder, at least it was at the right end of the draft.

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Surely that depends on how Freo fare in 2018.

If that pick is pick 22-25, it's OK. What if it's 30-plus?

I'm a one eyed docker fan half hoping to win the flag next year but there's a lot of holes still and Lyon has time on his side. Unfortunately really think we'll show a bit in the middle and then finish the year again trying to place ourselves well for one last drafting before really pushing to move up the ladder.

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Couldn’t be happier. While I didn’t foresee top up value going to GWS above our 2018 2nd rounder, at least it was at the right end of the draft.
I think we took unders, frankly. It was the right outcome though.
Wish him his future family well and hope ( and expect) he'll thrive at the Dockers. He will be missed but I cant begrudge him what he wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
Wow Freo definitely paid unders there

Well done

I dont think trolling WHE in this thread is helpful. If you think he's a spud it just damages your reputation on BF anyway.
im talking about the bloke they got from sydeny swans about an hour ago

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Sad to see Nathan depart, but understandable for family reasons. Thanks for all your efforts, it was great to see you develop over the years. Good luck with life in WA. Deal was reasonable in the end, and happy that the trading team held out for the late upgrade to get close to value. With a future second round Freo pick, the GWS fans can happily deathride Freo next year! :)

Bokonon_

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 23, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Freo with an absolute steal!!
I think events conspired against us to some extent. We needed the trade to work for Nathan's sake. I also think it could have had somewhat of a negative impact on our list generally if we didn't get it done. We have a lot of interstate players to keep happy and hanging on to him unreasonably might be a bad look to them.

Freo traded well though, and the deal got done. We can live with it, keeping him was clearly the best thing in cold pragmatic terms, so we were never going to win this one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back