Traded Nathan Wilson [traded to Fremantle]

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, Freo were the #1 team for using the corridor in the 1st half of 2017. Clearly Ross wants us to transition the ball quickly and effectively - we just haven't had the skills (and team gel) in the back half to do it that well yet, hence why Weller was playing at half back in 2017. Luke Ryan was pretty special in his 1st season and we're still learning to utilise his long kicking weapon fully. Throwing Wilson in gives us another player to break lines with run and kick alongside him. He's also an upgrade defensively on Weller (not that it's his major strength either mind you) so he should slot in seamlessly.

that bloody "transition" word again that Ross started. I really need to be transitioning my vocabulary :eek:

that blody "transition" word again that Ross started. I really need to be transitioning my vocabulary :eek:
Don't think we can RtB credit for that one, it's been a common coaching term for as long as I can remember. It's not just about the movement of the ball, it's also about the way players move so they can move the ball effectively.

Don't think we can RtB credit for that one, it's been a common coaching term for as long as I can remember. It's not just about the movement of the ball, it's also about the way players move so they can move the ball effectively.

yes i do know what is meant by it but it is being used now in politics and every other public media discussions. Is like the "terms of reference" "quantum leap" "it is what it is" and a whole lot of other ones that are faddish for awhile and then get replaced.

I do enjoy them until i get to hear our pollies using them or they've been so commonly used as to be seemingly no longer applicable to what is being stated. But yours is fine WTG....just having some fun.

Was used during the draft to describe players going from one club to another, of the trade deals in process, heck it was all one big transitioning state. Which it was :D

Enjoying this thread.
Nerdgasm.gif
Is that you cam mcdardy

yes i do know what is meant by it but it is being used now in politics and every other public media discussions. Is like the "terms of reference" "quantum leap" "it is what it is" and a whole lot of other ones that are faddish for awhile and then get replaced.

I do enjoy them until i get to hear our pollies using them or they've been so commonly used as to be seemingly no longer applicable to what is being stated. But yours is fine WTG....just having some fun.

The world has being using the word transition to describe movement long before RTT was born. It's been used in sport for many, many years. Tanking on the other hand is something Ross could maybe take credit for. Just a thought.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The world has being using the word transition to describe movement long before RTT was born. It's been used in sport for many, many years. Tanking on the other hand is something Ross could maybe take credit for. Just a thought.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

yes i wonder who coughed that one up. "Metres gained" (and its meaning fairly obvious) is another that as you say may have been used in all kinds of sport but is funny hearing it now during a game.

'Bubbling' is a term used by mainly Bruce Macavaney 6 times a game and occasionally BT. Games are bubbling, fights are bubbling, contests are bubbling, everything is ******* bubbling.

I can deal with the word transition being overused if it prevents words like bubbling.

Todd Carney approves of bubbling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back