Toast Nathan Wilson - Welcome to Freo!

Remove this Banner Ad

We can nail the corridor in 2 kicks - the problem will be our guys will still be running to get in position

Btw - i'm waiting to see if Wilson will be a whipping boy during losses for not being defensively accountable

Wilson may end up being a whipping boy but surely our supporters learnt their lesson about elite kicking skills when Duffield left. Not all 6 defenders have to be lock down defenders!!

Wilson may end up being a whipping boy but surely our supporters learnt their lesson about elite kicking skills when Duffield left. Not all 6 defenders have to be lock down defenders!!

Yeah that's right - but if we're under the pump in defense, one guy not being accountable will be singled out pretty quick and be made the whipping boy for the team's failure to defend further up the field :p

While Ryan and Wilson will give precision delivery at range out of the back half, it shouldn't be underestimated how much having Sandi as the bail out option down the line is missed when he's not there.

Having Sandi/Hodor as a genuine contested marking option long with Fyfe and Tabs makes it harder for teams to position their ruckman down the line and shut down the shorter 30m options.

I think with a fit list we'll look a lot different next year.

Ryan and Wilson are both liabilities on defence but that’s no secret and not why they’re in the team. The likes of Spurr, Hughes, Hamling, A.Pearce, Nyhuis etc. cover them down back.

Ryan and Wilson are both liabilities on defence but that’s no secret and not why they’re in the team. The likes of Spurr, Hughes, Hamling, A.Pearce, Nyhuis etc. cover them down back.
You serious? Ryan can defend. He isn't fast but is an amazing interceptor, courageous as Spurr and evens contests at ground level. Not perfect but he has only played what?.. 9 games.

Extremely harsh on a 9 game player in Ryan. I remember him doing heaps of excellent spoils last year plus his intercept marking. Don't recall any forwards kicking multiple goals on him?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit when I first saw Ryan at pre-season training he looked too lightly framed to be a competent one on one defender. By the time he debuted he seemed to have bulked up, and his tenacity and judgement mean he doesn't get beaten too many times.

Ta, so this was on top of all the top picks in the draft ?

Yeah, so I'm not exactly sure how it worked but in 2010 they got 12 17 year olds to develop before entering the league. Got players like Treloar, Cameron, Wilson and Shiel.

Then in 2011 draft they got a bunch more 1st rounders.

Then they entered the league for the 2012 season.

Yeah, so I'm not exactly sure how it worked but in 2010 they got 12 17 year olds to develop before entering the league. Got players like Treloar, Cameron, Wilson and Shiel.

Then in 2011 draft they got a bunch more 1st rounders.

Then they entered the league for the 2012 season.

F**k me I only ever took notice of the draft picks they got, didn't realise they had so many concessions in the way of underagers

Dead set rort, no wonder I hate them

F**k me I only ever took notice of the draft picks they got, didn't realise they had so many concessions in the way of underagers

Dead set rort, no wonder I hate them
Gold Coast had the same 12 players before the draft concession.

When clubs talked about the expansion clubs diluting the draft pool, this is what they were referring to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back