List Mgmt. National Draft 2020 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe we just go into the year as is? Keep some space on the list to utilise our 6 picks next year. Depending on injuries can look at topping up mid year if need be.

I reckon we've got a 2 fold strategy. 1) get in some high reward but not drafted players and see what they have. If they have what we want pick them up. Otherwise 2) keep the pick and use it in 2021 when we have 6 good picks.

Seems straightforward. Risk very little hoping for a good return. If that isn't there keep your list spots for next year.

About 15 young players on the list. (happy birthday bottom ager Shai Bolton). Around the 22 and under mark

16 mid age bracket

9 old men; Pickett. Lambert. Grimes. Martin. Astbury. Cotchin. Jack. Edwards. Houli.

Dusty is not old realtive to ability. He can play to 40. I think JR and Cotch can go for a while yet to. Grimes missed a few years to which might help him. Edwards is light.

I know Dads army is not going to cut it against better opposition in finals but we got Balta, Bolton and others , we will just need a bit more youthful talent and I still think we can defy gravity for a little while.

Tuck played forever but Dusty is a better player and can be rested forward

Last edited:

Without knowing exactly why Marbs was promoted ovet Pickett, it could potentially be due to Chol being out of contract at the end of the year.

It would create a badly needed primary list spot should it not work out. I’m assuming that list sizes will be further reduced next offseason.

Pickett and Aarts both on two year deals.

AFL site says we have 2 spots open for SSP draft. Egg likely training with us too.

Only 14 spots open across 9 clubs so if we want a kid left over there won't be a lot of competition.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL site says we have 2 spots open for SSP draft. Egg likely training with us too.

Only 14 spots open across 9 clubs so if we want a kid left over there won't be a lot of competition.

I know this may not be the most favourable of comments to make but I’d be willing to look into Oscar McDonald as insurance across the preseason to see what the club think of him, we’re still very light on for tall defensive depth.

Dusty is not old realtive to ability. He can play to 40. I think JR and Cotch can go for a while yet to. Grimes missed a few years to which might help him. Edwards is light.

I know Dads army is not going to cut it against better opposition in finals but we got Balta, Bolton and others , we will just need a bit more youthful talent and I still think we can defy gravity for a little while.

Tuck played forever but Dusty is a better player and can be rested forward
when they finally lay Dusty to rest...it'll be Ashes to ashes, Dusty to Dusty. Bookmark this.

Plus they failed to mention that Soldo could be placed on the inactive list, which gives us 3 spots.

Without knowing exactly why Marbs was promoted ovet Pickett, it could potentially be due to Chol being out of contract at the end of the year.

It would create a badly needed primary list spot should it not work out. I’m assuming that list sizes will be further reduced next offseason.

Pickett and Aarts both on two year deals.

Pickett and Aarts both hit their max time on rookie list at the end of this year, so both need to be upgraded any way.

Delisted Tiger Derek Eggmolesse-Smith will be considered for a training spot at Punt Road and is eligible to join the Tigers again via the SSP after going through the drafts without a new home.

hope egg comes home

Anyone else disappointed not having any picks in the Rookie Draft?

This seems to be the draft we have the most success with. Where is our next lot of premiership players going to come from?

I think having two (maybe 3) list spots open for SSP is a better option.

Instead of picking a kid who may have played virtually zero footy this year with no idea how they would fit in our system, we can get them in watch them in match simulation, training, coaching with our blokes and make an better informed decision.

Hopefully our club being renowned for its development will be a good sell to prospects out there even though the path to playing AFL will be tougher than say a North or Essendon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back