List Mgmt. National Draft 2020 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think having two (maybe 3) list spots open for SSP is a better option.

Instead of picking a kid who may have played virtually zero footy this year with no idea how they would fit in our system, we can get them in watch them in match simulation, training, coaching with our blokes and make an better informed decision.

Hopefully our club being renowned for its development will be a good sell to prospects out there even though the path to playing AFL will be tougher than say a North or Essendon.
Exactly and lets see who we invite to train

We will be paying them $1000 a week but if we invite 4 kids for 12 weeks and just take 2 thats $50k well spent imo

Delisted Tiger Derek Eggmolesse-Smith will be considered for a training spot at Punt Road and is eligible to join the Tigers again via the SSP after going through the drafts without a new home.

hope egg comes home

Wish him “ Good Luck”

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

From the afl site
"It made for a rather cruisy night for the reigning premiers, who now hold two first-round picks, two second-round picks and two third-round picks in what is tipped to be a loaded 2021 draft class". Can set us up beautifully.
Ssssshhh don’t reveal our highly sophisticated strategic forward planning

If anyone isn't absolutely stoked about getting a future first in the 2021 draft - you've got rocks in your head.

It strengthens our hand at the trade table significantly and the draft itself will be significantly better than this year.

It's short sighted FOMO.
Totally agree.
Everyone is desperate to unwrap their toys on draft night but this years were undersized crap ordered from wish.
Next years will be far greater in standard and numbers when parts of our list will be aging and need replenishing.

Totally agree.
Everyone is desperate to unwrap their toys on draft night but this years were undersized crap ordered from wish.
Next years will be far greater in standard and numbers when parts of our list will be aging and need replenishing.
We are ******* geniuses. This years draft crop was very underwhelming from the footage I viewed. The "guns" would've mostly been taken late first/second round in a strong draft. Next year is gonna be sweeeet.

We are ******* geniuses. This years draft crop was very underwhelming from the footage I viewed. The "guns" would've mostly been taken late first/second round in a strong draft. Next year is gonna be sweeeet.
With zero NAB 18 , choices were pretty speculative after the early picks that pick themselves , clubs may do well and I suspect some pretty fair qty was overlooked too, a couple of tassie kids looked to have good credentials

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly and lets see who we invite to train

We will be paying them $1000 a week but if we invite 4 kids for 12 weeks and just take 2 thats $50k well spent imo
Think we should invite Jonathon Marsh.Was with us before Stk snatched him.Good insurance just in case.

With zero NAB 18 , choices were pretty speculative after the early picks that pick themselves , clubs may do well and I suspect some pretty fair qty was overlooked too, a couple of tassie kids looked to have good credentials
Hard to judge them on anything but the dated footage that was supplied but my thoughts are some of the kids picked in the top 10 this year would be available to us next year with our late first rounders in what's being touted as a much stronger draft. I reckon we made the right call going all-in next year.

Hard to judge them on anything but the dated footage that was supplied but my thoughts are some of the kids picked in the top 10 this year would be available to us next year with our late first rounders in what's being touted as a much stronger draft. I reckon we made the right call going all-in next year.
I was shocked that the cats did it.

Ryan is a good pickup with plenty of upside, but he still would have been there with the last available rookie pick - so not sure why Richmond used a 2nd rounder.

No way Lions were taking him, they have had him available to them for 2 years prior to that via their academy and seen all they ever need to see from him and obviously didn't rate him.

If we were only ever going to take 2 players, then given we had rights to one of them, it didn't matter at ANY STAGE where we took the big fella.

If we took MRJ with our second before he was bid on and then too the ruckman late, people would be whinging we took MRJ before someone bid on him...

Club was never going to win, if the decision was always only these two, or if that decision was made after trading out our first.

If they were the 2 we wanted given the picks at our disposal (granted after trading out our first) then where we took them is irrelevant.

If we were only ever going to take 2 players, then given we had rights to one of them, it didn't matter at ANY STAGE where we took the big fella.

If we took MRJ with our second before he was bid on and then too the ruckman late, people would be whinging we took MRJ before someone bid on him...

Club was never going to win, if the decision was always only these two, or if that decision was made after trading out our first.

If they were the 2 we wanted given the picks at our disposal (granted after trading out our first) then where we took them is irrelevant.
We could have always traded out #40 for a 2021 3rd rounder + pick #65 or something

Dont think Samson Ryan was a player that we just had to have. Think sometimes we just like to keep things simple

Ryan is a good pickup with plenty of upside, but he still would have been there with the last available rookie pick - so not sure why Richmond used a 2nd rounder.

No way Lions were taking him, they have had him available to them for 2 years prior to that via their academy and seen all they ever need to see from him and obviously didn't rate him.
Didn't he grow a shitload in the past 12-24 months?

The club was not taking any more picks other than Rioli, so why not? We got the only player we wanted and Rioli.

We could have always traded out #40 for a 2021 3rd rounder + pick #65 or something

Dont think Samson Ryan was a player that we just had to have. Think sometimes we just like to keep things simple
Maybe we tried, but had no takers???
Maybe if we were set of Ryan with MRJ we didn't think it was worth the risk leaving him on the board for the sake of a few hundred draft points nect year (especially given how strong our hand already is).

I do agree, we do like to keep things simple these days, so maybe we just CBF

Interesting view. You know for a fact the other 17 clubs had no interest in him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back