List Mgmt. National Draft 2020 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

This is garbage

Why would you say this when it is not true ?
He didn’t say he would play again
He just said he has contacted him and probably will again just in case Rance changes his mind but he said it was extremely doubtful that he would

There are some absolute priority resignings through 2021...

Offers are going to come hard for Balta and Bolton that we need to deal with, they would have to be priority 1. Not to mention we need to resign Vlas, Prestia, Grimes, Baker, etc.

Of all those that need to resign end of 2021 its hard not to see someone slipping out for a bucket load more of cash.
Not worried about player retention. Players we want to keep will sign on.

And Garth is on the main list while Miller drops back to the rookie list (Bakes elevated)

Rookie list looks unbelievable atm - Stack, Pickett, Chol, Aarts and Miller
Was hoping we Rookie Turner.Oh well.

There are some absolute priority resignings through 2021...

Offers are going to come hard for Balta and Bolton that we need to deal with, they would have to be priority 1. Not to mention we need to resign Vlas, Prestia, Grimes, Baker, etc.

Of all those that need to resign end of 2021 its hard not to see someone slipping out for a bucket load more of cash.
If them all i think Bolton is the biggest concern.But as i've said previously if he leaves us being a 2 or 3 time Premiership player it won't hurt as much.
Because its going to get to a point where we have too "refresh" our list.
Through the draft & FA.Bolton would get us 2 First rnders.

richmond.jpg

Current contracted for 2021: 39

The Tigers will carry one Category B player at this stage after committing to ruckman Mate Colina. Derek Eggmolesse-Smith was delisted off the same list on Wednesday. While Bachar Houli's new deal is yet to be publicised, he's locked and loaded for 2021 at Punt Road. The Tigers have committed to retaining Ben Miller as a rookie after three seasons on the senior list. Liam Baker has been promoted off the rookie list leaving the Tigers with five current rookies – Miller, Sydney Stack, Marlion Pickett, Jake Aarts and Mabior Chol. Alex Rance is officially retired and has been removed from the list.

Nope you're forgetting lists were cut by two
Nope was correct. We had 3 senior listed spots and 2-3 rookie spots depending on Mate. Now that's been confirmed we have 5 spots open.

I would feel Rancey out about a mid season draft spot, only has to play for 2 months ish

Wouldn't imagine he would do it to the playing list and those that have committed 100% since day one.

If he were to come back it would be from day 1 of Pre-season.

Actually as much as I joke about it I'd be pretty disappointed in the club if they just went and selected him mid-season. I suppose if we had a glut of KPD injuries and purely didn't have any suitable replacements you could look at it but I still don't think that would be sending the playing list a good message.

Unfortunately I think Rancey's time at RFC as a player atleast is done which is a bloody shame as I loved watching him play

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just had a look at the BigFooty Phantom draft and #Smythe has us taking this bloke with our 1st pick, would be pretty happy if that's the case

Brayden Cook - Aussie Rules Draft Central

Oh, and this bloke for our 2nd pick.

Jack Ginnivan - Aussie Rules Draft Central

Although I think we have an opportunity to take a risk on Kaine Baldwin, sure he's done an ACL on the same knee twice with the 2nd one a partial tear. If not for the ACL's then most pundits would have him in the top 3 of the draft.
If we take him and he stays fit then he's the perfect replacement for JR#8

Kaine Baldwin - Aussie Rules Draft Central

*edit....The Dogs took a chance on Stringer after he had a broken leg taking him at 5 and the Hawks took Ryan Burton at 19 after he had a severely broken leg

Last edited:
Just had a look at the BigFooty Phantom draft and #Smythe has us taking this bloke with our 1st pick, would be pretty happy if that's the case

Brayden Cook - Aussie Rules Draft Central

Oh, and this bloke for our 2nd pick.

Jack Ginnivan - Aussie Rules Draft Central

Although I think we have an opportunity to take a risk on Kaine Baldwin, sure he's done an ACL on the same knee twice with the 2nd one a partial tear. If not for the ACL's then most pundits would have him in the top 3 of the draft.
If we take him and he stays fit then he's the perfect replacement for JR#8

Kaine Baldwin - Aussie Rules Draft Central

*edit....The Dogs took a chance on Stringer after he had a broken leg taking him at 5 and the Hawks took Ryan Burton at 19 after he had a severely broken leg

Has any key forward come back and played well after an ACL? Nevermind two? If he got another knee injury it would most likely be career over.

Has any key forward come back and played well after an ACL? Nevermind two? If he got another knee injury it would most likely be career over.

That Max King kid looks alright

I don't really know, but Malceski came back ok after 2 and Jake lever is tracking better after his 2.

Elijah Hollands has done an ACL and he's being touted as a top 3 pick.

I guess it's just the risk factor, if we or any other club were taking him the top 5-10 then that is a highly risky situation. But using a late 2nd rounder (approx 35) then that risk is mitigated substantially.

With the make up of our list we are placed way better than most to take that smaller risk. The only real hole in our list is KPF and after our last 4 years we are perfectly placed to address this need, particularly considering the strength of our hand in next years draft.

If he stays fit then he would be an absolute steal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is garbage

Why would you say this when it is not true ?
Not sure why I’m wasting my time responding but
Go listen to the interview it’s on YouTube November 14 2020 with Dwayne Russell - direct question was asked about Rance and Blair said he’d been in contact with Alex and his manager.

I don't really know, but Malceski came back ok after 2 and Jake lever is tracking better after his 2.

I guess it's just the risk factor, if we or any other club were taking him the top 5-10 then that is a highly risky situation. But using a late 2nd rounder (approx 35) then that risk is mitigated substantially.

With the make up of our list we are placed way better than most to take that smaller risk. The only real hole in our list is KPF and after our last 4 years we are perfectly placed to address this need, particularly considering the strength of our hand in next years draft.

That Max King kid looks alright

Can't believe I forgot about king. Baldwin's highlights do look good.

Nick Malceski
Jake Lever
Max Gawn

I’m in if he’s still there r2.

Couldn’t justify selecting him with our R1 pick though particularly after trading up (slightly) from the Higgins trade.

There’ll still be plenty of quality available at 17 (or whatever after the academy picks).

Really would love a tall kpf/kpb in this draft.

I’m in if he’s still there r2.

Couldn’t justify selecting him with our R1 pick though particularly after trading up (slightly) from the Higgins trade.

There’ll still be plenty of quality available at 17 (or whatever after the academy picks).

Really would love a tall kpf/kpb in this draft.
Our pick will be around #35-#40 thats still a good pick and in this years draft we may get a picl like Jack Ross , Shai Bolton,Jack Graham
I really wouldn't risk that pick on Baldwin.

Our pick will be around #35-#40 thats still a good pick and in this years draft we may get a picl like Jack Ross , Shai Bolton,Jack Graham
I agree it’s a risk but I think we have so much depth that we can afford to role the dice on a kid that many considered a top 10 pick prior to his knee.

I really think we’ll want to use one of our picks on a KPP

The cream of the crop will be gone by p17. So if we use our p35-40 on a tall there’ll be no guarantee’s anyway.

We may as well go best available and back our fitness and medical staff in

I agree it’s a risk but I think we have so much depth that we can afford to role the dice on a kid that many considered a top 10 pick prior to his knee.

The cream of the crop will be gone by p17. So if we use our p35-40 on a tall there’ll be no guarantee’s anyway.

I wouldnt use a pick that high on a player that has less than 5% chance of making it to 100 games , He didnt do his knee in an impact or twisting situation
he was just jogging along from what i read and his talent is being based on as a 16/17 year old in 2019 where from the vision it looks like he has a clear size strength advantage. Its massive risk you take with a rookie pick or very late pick not your 2nd rounder

I reckon we'll possibly target a Cook type with our 1st as the top end KPP's will be gone, the only one that's left of that top tier is Baldwin. We already have Ross, Graham, Bolton, Martyn and RCD.

Quote about Baldwin from Draft Central........
"The way in which he attacks the ball in flight and holds onto contested marks with his vice-like grip is truly special, making him one of the top pure markers among his peers – if not, the best".

Nick Malceski
Jake Lever
Max Gawn
Plus Gawn did his PCL this year

We'll get an opportunity for best available with 17, MRJ looks like he'll be around our 3rd pick. I think it's the perfect time to take a risk with someone like Baldwin.
Looks like we'll have 2 rookie picks as well, which may be saved for the Supplementary drafts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back