List Mgmt. National Draft 2020 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

For me ,

Isiah Winder is the only one that I want at Pick 17.

He fits the mould beautifully . Explosive , great endurance, x factor, ball winning goal kicker.

The more athletic freaks we get the better
Like wow , good pick up man , looks for all money like another shai , like it when they rack up the numbers. Would be strange given mrj incoming , though the Tigers don’t do much conventional with our drafting , we re as likely to stock talls from rookie picks and get a kid in like this

Another left field option.
THE SMOKY
A name that might not have been heard much in draft discussions this year is Seamus Mitchell, who has been interviewed by every AFL club.

Likened to Carlton defender Zac Williams, the Bendigo Pioneers product has speed to burn, a beautiful kick and strong game sense.

He played just five NAB League games for the Pioneers last year, but has shown enough for AFL clubs to be clamouring for his services.

“He’s an exceptional talent,” Pioneers coach and former GWS development coach Damien Truslove said.

“With his speed and ability, he could play AFL right now.

“He’s very much like Zac Williams. He’s a beautiful kick, just extremely good in game sense situations and training. He’s a level above NAB League.”

Mitchell posted the fourth-fasted 20m sprint time of any Victorian prospect at the draft combine.

Is anybody going to do a Phantom Draft here ?

Surprised we are not doing one yet
Not sure too many know much about the draft outside the first round this year.

Stopped since we started winning flags.
Wait till we're sh*t again.
When that happens phantom drafts will start the moment we lose the first game to Carlton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would take him in a heartbeat at our 79,97 or rookie pick
We have the flexibility to draft a 4th player in the ND if there is someone left that we rate highly. If Baldwin is still available at 61 we should pounce and use our 4th pick on MJ.

Reckon we need to go tall. We have so many midfielders coming on, but little depth in our mobile tall division other than late draft picks Miller and Nyoon and they are both unknowns, although I reckon Miller is not far away.

We need to replace Riewoldt in particular, at the least a third tall who is good at ground level, a bit like Caddy but quicker. Still like the look of Eddy Ford from all the highlights so far. Around the 190+cm mark, but strong overhead. Unless a really good one like Braedon Campbell falls, which is unlikely of course.

I would like us to get our hands on crows 2 picks 22 and 23 maybe 17 going there and a future pick able us to pick 2 quality kid's we did this in past.

I would like us to get our hands on crows 2 picks 22 and 23 maybe 17 going there and a future pick able us to pick 2 quality kid's we did this in past.
Wouldn't give up any future picks.If anything if any kids we've interested in with 17 are gone I'd try and swap 17 for a future 1st.

I'd nearly do that if that was offered.
I think it’s the best we could hope for, 17 in this draft wouldn’t get us a first next year imo. Unless a club does an absolute wtf, ala Suns/Cats trade, which tbh is still a possibility 😂

For me ,

Isiah Winder is the only one that I want at Pick 17.

He fits the mould beautifully . Explosive , great endurance, x factor, ball winning goal kicker.

The more athletic freaks we get the better

And will add even more amazingness with our stable of Aboriginal lads.

The RFC has become theeeeeeeeee club for the Aboriginal lads to join, with its environment and leadership for the lads and the young lasses with the Institute.

Winder, Maurice Jnr and a quality genuine tall athletic KPD and KPF would be a good net result.

We will virtually also have 2 new recruits fresh and firing to go in Daniel Rioli and Stackman also who were both underwhelming this year especially Syd.

I'm expecting a good season from Stack in 21 as he once again has to prove himself.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back