List Mgmt. National Draft 2020 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

When was the last hyphen superstar ? Lewis Roberts-Thomson ? What a gun.

When was the last hyphen superstar ? Lewis Roberts-Thomson ? What a gun.
Gary Brownless Lying?
1606951150734.png

I'm probably the only person in this forum that thinks this, but I wouldn't mind if we traded out our first round pick for picks in next years draft. There are a few reasons. Firstly we already have a logjam of sorts of players fighting for limited spots Higgins supposedly left for this reason. No point in adding to that logjam unless it's for a position we desperately need, as I do want our youth to have an opportunity. Plus the way I look at it Stack, Coleman-Jones and RCD are all going to be like effectively new recruits, so the imperative to get more fresh blood this year isn't great.

Secondly, there will be retirements at the end of next year and the symmetry is perfect in having a very strong hand in a very strong uncompromised draft to coincide with it. Riewoldt, Houli and perhaps Cotchin might be gone. As to who to target, I have no idea, Geelong lost all their first rounders picks but have a three second rounders for next year, with such an ageing list they might be interested. But that's really not my department. And of course if there is a tall that we really rate that falls to our pick or if we could maybe trade up and get one, then I'm all for it. But failing that, I really wouldn't mind reinforcing our position for next year.

This could be an option with the pies.. trade them our 17 and second next year for their first rounder next year and a later pick this year.
They want to hit this years draft as well as move on their first next year for the father son coming through.
We then bank on them sliding lower and getting a top 10 pick

Matt Balmer at Fox Footy thinks Liam Kolar is a smokey for our 1st pick.

He is a Northern Knight and we do love taking players from that club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

give your rucks big money and its certain you dont get a flag

look at grundy at pies and nick not at west girls. gimme a mental battler like nank or soldo any day
Grundy can't tap it too his mids to save himself.
Nick Nat has a great spring but rarely does anything else despite brooce blowing his load each time he touches the ball.
Nank just like Dusty performs when it REALLY matters for half the price and Fanfare.

I still prefer we go down the future pick road and just take MRJ this year.
What does this years mids have over our current kids like RCD/Dow/Ross/Martyn etc?
Just seems like next years draft the right time for a mini rebuild for us.
More picks next year the better.
Totally disagree with you. We need to get a KP player and get 2 years into him so he ready to replace Jack or Astbury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back