List Mgmt. National Draft 2020 discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy to take criticism from people who have more knowledge and involvement than i do and have over many years at many football clubs in my 55 years from playing school boy football for richmond tech to coaching at my kids school and helping out at keilor many years ago. I have watched football at many levels from juniors to vfl to local clubs. But for people who have done nothing is a bit rich. But as you mentioned its a foooty forum and this thread is for opinions and everybody has an opinion and is entitled to express theirs . Idiots that dont like it 'Use the ignore button" Its just that simple ;) and there is sumtingwong if you dont:tearsofjoy:

i also played footy at Richmond Tech while Paddy Guinanne was teaching science back in the mid to late 70's..

I was there from 76-79 they used to call me Erk our footy coach was Mr Ridge and vice principle Mr Holmes (copped his strap on many occasions )
Haha.. i was there 75-79 had a younger brother there as well named Russell. Had Mr Holmes drag me inside by the ear once for fighting on the oval.. Great Memories

Haha.. i was there 75-79 had a younger brother there as well named Russell. Had Mr Holmes drag me inside by the ear once for fighting on the oval.. Great Memories

Sure is now but that Pr!ck holmes used to take pleasure in giving me the strap. Do you remember that Hot teacher in humanities Miss Edwards that looked like farah fawcett - Jessus i had the hots for her.

My nikname was Turk and i played FF and sometimes in the mid if we were losing. Did you do woodwork ? Was your brothers nikname Rusty as there was a kid in my class in 8t i think it was thats was Rusty

Sure is now but that Pr!ck holmes used to take pleasure in giving me the strap. Do you remember that Hot teacher in humanities Miss Edwards that looked like farah fawcett - Jessus i had the hots for her.

My nikname was Turk and i played FF and sometimes in the mid if we were losing. Did you do woodwork ? Was your brothers nikname Rusty as there was a kid in my class in 8t i think it was thats was Rusty
Qe5oD5aXjEbKw.gif

Something intrinsically wrong with an imitation and Mr Holmes!
LOL yes it is . But in all seriousness
Today this bloke would be sacked and charged with assault , The amount of times he pulled boys into his office for the strap or clipped us behind the ears was just ridiculous and surprised he was not pulled up for it.

Today this bloke would be sacked and charged with assault , The amount of times he pulled boys into his office for the strap or clipped us behind the ears was just ridiculous and surprised he was not pulled up for it.
Different times, I lost count how many times I had chalk thrown at me by a teacher or was sent to the principals office for the cane.

I remember when milk was delivered in small glass bottles for recess and it used to sit in the sun for a few hours before you had to drink it.

Yes my brother had a nickname Rusty or Russ. i also had an English Teacher Mr Maslin who would smoke a joint in class while we read something, he always sat by the window. I finished at the end of 79 and joined the Navy the following year..Played all my junior football either at Citizens park in Tiger jumpers or at East Brunswick in Pies jumper ..

I agree with the Callow comments and would find baldwin in a similar situation.
Kolar is your typical late/rookie type selection with the amount of exposed form and football you would think.

Just love you to watch that Ford clip if you can (twice if possible ) and look at some of the things he does

* kicks both feet effectively
*See's the right option quickly both by hand and foot
* Looks to handball to the runners at every chance unless going for goal
*Kicks the ball 55+
*Able to take marks against bigger players from mant angles
*plays Mid/Wing/HF/FF in this clip (seen to be in that area)

People will say we seen all this in the Ben Lennon clip but a few importand differences
Ford has great speed under under 3 sec 20mtr
Great leap and plays variety of positions which Lennon didnt have and couldnt do

Im seeing Jack Riewoldt when i watch this

Dunno about JR, JR had a lot of spring as a prospect and was agile aerially for his size. I don't think he has the same balance as Jack has going for the ball in the air due to his physique

Don't see a JR clone personally myself yet anyway. Ford might be more of a mid, what his endurance like?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL draft 2020: Who impressed at the Victoria trial training session?
More than 50 of Victoria’s best draft hopefuls were put through their paces in front of a crowd of AFL recruiters. Who were the standouts?

Dan Batten
December 3, 2020 - 8:34PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

3 comments

Pause
Loaded: 4.21%

Current Time 0:27
/
Duration 35:21

Fullscreen

NOW PLAYING
Resume

AFL Draft bolters
35:21
UP NEXT

• Replay: AFL Phantom Draft
    45:24

• AFL Mock Draft: Essendon Picks
    3:50

• Players to cop wage cut?
    0:34

• fallback.jpg

• fallback.jpg

• fallback.jpg

• fallback.jpg

Junior talent watchers reveal the names set to shake up the draft order.

Victorian draft hopefuls took to the footy field together for the first time since March in Cragieburn’s Highgate Reserve on Wednesday for a training session in front of a crowd of AFL recruiters.
More than 50 young talents – split into Vic Metro and Vic Country groups – were put their paces in a range of different drills a week out from the national draft.
■ ANALYSIS: Every pick your team has in the draft
While Victorian prospects had competed in national combine testing over the past month, talent scouts had not seen the likes of academy ace Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and high-impact hybrid Archie Perkins with a footy in hand in more than eight months due to the scrapped NAB League season.
The session is unlikely to be a factor in each player’s draft standing but it was a rare chance for clubs to see these prospects in action.
Who has built up across the year and which players impressed on the day?
Check out the Victorian draft prospects who caught the eye at the session.
Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >
Cox in action. Pictures: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos/Michael Klein

Nikolas Cox has put on 4kg since he was last spotted.

Nikolas Cox
Northern Knights — Key forward/defender, 200cm, 87kg
Cox certainly looks a lot different to the last time recruiters saw him with a footy in hand, putting on four kilograms in the NAB League shutdown. The mobile swingman has not lost any of his zip, either, looking quick and showing off his eloquent kicking on both sides.
Archie Perkins in action. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos via Getty Images

Archie Perkins
Sandringham Dragons — Forward/midfielder, 188cm, 79kg
Recruiters would have been eager to see the athletic beast in action and he did not disappoint. Caught the eye with his explosiveness off the mark in a half-ground lead-up drill and is a hulking figure physically.
Macrae moves in a similar way to Jack.

Finlay Macrae is the half brother of Jack Macrae.

Finlay Macrae
Oakleigh Chargers — Midfielder, 186cm, 78kg
Looks to have built size over the year and his skills were superb as always. You cannot help but think of his half-brother, Western Bulldogs smooth-mover Jack Macrae, when you watch him in action.
Reef McInnes is a part of the Collingwood academy. Picture: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos

Reef McInnes is a part of the Collingwood academy. Picture: Dylan Burns/AFL Photos
Reef McInnes
Oakleigh Chargers — Midfielder, 193cm, 86kg
Clean as a whistle during the ground-ball drills, gathering the footy off the deck at pace with no fumbles whatsoever. No mean feat for a midfielder standing 193cm.
Downie in action.

Downie in action.
Connor Downie already has the size of an AFL footballer.

Connor Downie
Eastern Ranges — Defender/midfielder, 185cm, 82kg
You could have mistaken Downie for an AFL footballer considering his size on the field and professionalism off it, where the Chinese Next Generation Academy product – who is tied to Hawthorn - expressed his desire to be an AFL ambassador for China. He looked as comfortable among his peers on the training track as he did in the media scrum.
Conor Stone impressed with his speed and power. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos

Conor Stone impressed with his speed and power. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos
Conor Stone
Oakleigh Chargers — Forward 189cm, 83kg
Stone’s speed and power mix was on display on Wednesday after his combine results failed to reflect his impressive athletic traits.
Allison in action.

Allison in action.
Matthew Allison was smooth across the ground.

Matt Allison
Calder Cannons — Key forward, 194cm, 81kg
The 194cm tall moved extremely well across the ground for a player his size and was sound with his disposal and overhead marking.
Joshua Eyre was solid in the marking contests. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos

Joshua Eyre was solid in the marking contests. Picture: Michael Willson/AFL Photos
Josh Eyre
Calder Cannons — Key forward, 198cm, 85kg
Eyre was one of the surprise packets in the marking drill, winning a bunch of 1-on-1 contests against highly rated key position prospects. It caps off a stellar finish to the year for the Essendon NGA product after blitzing the Vic Country combine.
Clarke in action.

Clarke in action.

Joshua Clarke has put on considerable size.
Josh Clarke
Eastern Ranges — Defender, 182cm, 75kg
A strong breeze could have sent Clarke flying the last time recruiters saw the running defender. His rigorous gym program during the shutdown looks to have paid off and he appeared to be just as quick off the mark despite the extra size.
Jamarra Ugle-Hagan was impressive throughout. Picture: Michael Klein

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
Oakleigh Chargers — Key forward, 195cm, 90kg
All eyes were on the pick one contender throughout the session with his familiar outstretched marks on the lead at full tilt and clean hands on show. The popular character blew out the cobwebs with a couple of miscued kicks which were met with friendly niggles and howls from his peers.
Hollands had a light run through.

Elijah Hollands is returning from a knee injury.

Elijah Hollands
Murray Bushrangers — Midfielder/forward, 189cm, 85kg
Hollands ran laps and took part in stationary kicking drills as he eases his way back from his anterior cruciate ligament injury. The potential number-one pick saved his best work for the pre-training interviews, joking about his unkempt hairdo.
Reid in action.

Reid in action.
Zach Reid is a massive 202cm tall.

Zach Reid
Gippsland Power — Key defender, 202cm, 83kg
It was like watching a skilful wingman, until you remember he is 202cm. The key defender hit targets left, right and centre and held his own in 1-on-1 marking contests despite his slender build.
Bruhn (right) battles with [PLAYERCARD]Nick Stevens[/PLAYERCARD].

Bruhn (right) battles with Nick Stevens.
Tanner Bruhn was clean at ground level.

Tanner Bruhn
Geelong Falcons — Midfielder, 183cm, 74kg
Bruhn has had few opportunities to impress in the last two seasons, but eyes were drawn to him regardless. Glided across the ground and his clean hands at ground level were a highlight.

Ryan Angwin is slight but has some serious reach.
Ryan Angwin
Gippsland Power — Midfielder/defender, 184cm, 72kg
As one draft watcher remarked, there is a bit about this kid. The slight midfielder looks to have added size and had some great flashes with his kicking and agility.
Maher (left) battles with Harry Sharp.

Zavier Maher’s upper body strength is an asset.
Zavier Maher
Murray Bushrangers — Midfielder, 185cm, 82kg
Maher consistently won marking contests by out bodying opponents with his strong frame. The big-bodied midfielder also showcased his dash at stages.
Seamus Mitchell is another tall who has put on size.

Seamus Mitchell
Bendigo Pioneers — Forward, 181cm, 74kg
Another who is noticeably stronger, and he is difficult to miss with his hair flapping at the back – especially when you are moving at his pace. Has a great turn of speed.
Treacy was one of the best talls.

Josh Treacy was impressive through the air.

Josh Treacy
Bendigo Pioneers — Key forward, 194cm, 94kg
The focus was on Ugle-Hagan in the 1-on-1 marking drill, but it was Treacy who stole the show against him in front of a host of recruiters. Outmuscled the best player out there on one occasion to take a strong grab and was one of the most impressive Vic Country talls out there.
Dominic Bedendo
Murray Bushrangers — Forward/defender, 188cm, 74kg
After topping the charts nationally in the running vertical jump test at the combine, Bedendo’s tremendous leap was on full display in the marking drills, pulling down a couple of nice grabs. Plays taller than his height suggests because of his spring.
———————————————————————

Apparently there’s a lack of clubs wanting to do this (ie trade out next years R1). Collingwood are the only club interested in ditching their R1 2021 selection, while (according to Cal Twomey) there’s a host of clubs (including us) that may try and trade into next years draft
Yep.I think its going to be very difficult.
Only real chance is if a club really wants a player by the time it gets to our pick.

i also played footy at Richmond Tech while Paddy Guinanne was teaching science back in the mid to late 70's..
Yeah that's well and good but do you know Bachar Houli?

1607028728697.png

AFL draft 2020: Who impressed at the Victoria trial training session?
More than 50 of Victoria’s best draft hopefuls were put through their paces in front of a crowd of AFL recruiters. Who were the standouts?

Dan Batten
December 3, 2020 - 8:34PM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
3 comments
Pause
Loaded: 4.21%

Current Time 0:27
/
Duration 35:21

Fullscreen

NOW PLAYING
Resume

AFL Draft bolters
35:21
UP NEXT

• Replay: AFL Phantom Draft
    45:24

• AFL Mock Draft: Essendon Picks
    3:50

• Players to cop wage cut?
    0:34

• fallback.jpg

• fallback.jpg

• fallback.jpg

• fallback.jpg

Junior talent watchers reveal the names set to shake up the draft order.

Victorian draft hopefuls took to the footy field together for the first time since March in Cragieburn’s Highgate Reserve on Wednesday for a training session in front of a crowd of AFL recruiters.
More than 50 young talents – split into Vic Metro and Vic Country groups – were put their paces in a range of different drills a week out from the national draft.
■ ANALYSIS: Every pick your team has in the draft
While Victorian prospects had competed in national combine testing over the past month, talent scouts had not seen the likes of academy ace Jamarra Ugle-Hagan and high-impact hybrid Archie Perkins with a footy in hand in more than eight months due to the scrapped NAB League season.
The session is unlikely to be a factor in each player’s draft standing but it was a rare chance for clubs to see these prospects in action.
Who has built up across the year and which players impressed on the day?
Check out the Victorian draft prospects who caught the eye at the session.
Kayo is your ticket to the best sport streaming Live & On-Demand. New to Kayo? Get your 14-day free trial & start streaming instantly >

Nikolas Cox
Northern Knights — Key forward/defender, 200cm, 87kg
Cox certainly looks a lot different to the last time recruiters saw him with a footy in hand, putting on four kilograms in the NAB League shutdown. The mobile swingman has not lost any of his zip, either, looking quick and showing off his eloquent kicking on both sides.

Archie Perkins
Sandringham Dragons — Forward/midfielder, 188cm, 79kg
Recruiters would have been eager to see the athletic beast in action and he did not disappoint. Caught the eye with his explosiveness off the mark in a half-ground lead-up drill and is a hulking figure physically.

Finlay Macrae
Oakleigh Chargers — Midfielder, 186cm, 78kg
Looks to have built size over the year and his skills were superb as always. You cannot help but think of his half-brother, Western Bulldogs smooth-mover Jack Macrae, when you watch him in action.

Reef McInnes
Oakleigh Chargers — Midfielder, 193cm, 86kg
Clean as a whistle during the ground-ball drills, gathering the footy off the deck at pace with no fumbles whatsoever. No mean feat for a midfielder standing 193cm.
Downie in action.

Downie in action.

Connor Downie
Eastern Ranges — Defender/midfielder, 185cm, 82kg
You could have mistaken Downie for an AFL footballer considering his size on the field and professionalism off it, where the Chinese Next Generation Academy product – who is tied to Hawthorn - expressed his desire to be an AFL ambassador for China. He looked as comfortable among his peers on the training track as he did in the media scrum.

Conor Stone
Oakleigh Chargers — Forward 189cm, 83kg
Stone’s speed and power mix was on display on Wednesday after his combine results failed to reflect his impressive athletic traits.
Allison in action.

Allison in action.

Matt Allison
Calder Cannons — Key forward, 194cm, 81kg
The 194cm tall moved extremely well across the ground for a player his size and was sound with his disposal and overhead marking.

Josh Eyre
Calder Cannons — Key forward, 198cm, 85kg
Eyre was one of the surprise packets in the marking drill, winning a bunch of 1-on-1 contests against highly rated key position prospects. It caps off a stellar finish to the year for the Essendon NGA product after blitzing the Vic Country combine.
Clarke in action.

Clarke in action.

Joshua Clarke has put on considerable size.
Josh Clarke
Eastern Ranges — Defender, 182cm, 75kg
A strong breeze could have sent Clarke flying the last time recruiters saw the running defender. His rigorous gym program during the shutdown looks to have paid off and he appeared to be just as quick off the mark despite the extra size.

Jamarra Ugle-Hagan
Oakleigh Chargers — Key forward, 195cm, 90kg
All eyes were on the pick one contender throughout the session with his familiar outstretched marks on the lead at full tilt and clean hands on show. The popular character blew out the cobwebs with a couple of miscued kicks which were met with friendly niggles and howls from his peers.

Elijah Hollands
Murray Bushrangers — Midfielder/forward, 189cm, 85kg
Hollands ran laps and took part in stationary kicking drills as he eases his way back from his anterior cruciate ligament injury. The potential number-one pick saved his best work for the pre-training interviews, joking about his unkempt hairdo.
Reid in action.

Reid in action.

Zach Reid
Gippsland Power — Key defender, 202cm, 83kg
It was like watching a skilful wingman, until you remember he is 202cm. The key defender hit targets left, right and centre and held his own in 1-on-1 marking contests despite his slender build.
Bruhn (right) battles with [PLAYERCARD]Nick Stevens[/PLAYERCARD].

Bruhn (right) battles with Nick Stevens.

Tanner Bruhn
Geelong Falcons — Midfielder, 183cm, 74kg
Bruhn has had few opportunities to impress in the last two seasons, but eyes were drawn to him regardless. Glided across the ground and his clean hands at ground level were a highlight.

Ryan Angwin is slight but has some serious reach.
Ryan Angwin
Gippsland Power — Midfielder/defender, 184cm, 72kg
As one draft watcher remarked, there is a bit about this kid. The slight midfielder looks to have added size and had some great flashes with his kicking and agility.

Zavier Maher’s upper body strength is an asset.
Zavier Maher
Murray Bushrangers — Midfielder, 185cm, 82kg
Maher consistently won marking contests by out bodying opponents with his strong frame. The big-bodied midfielder also showcased his dash at stages.

Seamus Mitchell
Bendigo Pioneers — Forward, 181cm, 74kg
Another who is noticeably stronger, and he is difficult to miss with his hair flapping at the back – especially when you are moving at his pace. Has a great turn of speed.

Josh Treacy
Bendigo Pioneers — Key forward, 194cm, 94kg
The focus was on Ugle-Hagan in the 1-on-1 marking drill, but it was Treacy who stole the show against him in front of a host of recruiters. Outmuscled the best player out there on one occasion to take a strong grab and was one of the most impressive Vic Country talls out there.
Dominic Bedendo
Murray Bushrangers — Forward/defender, 188cm, 74kg
After topping the charts nationally in the running vertical jump test at the combine, Bedendo’s tremendous leap was on full display in the marking drills, pulling down a couple of nice grabs. Plays taller than his height suggests because of his spring.
———————————————————————

Biggest post in BF history.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back