List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple late picks won’t do it for us. We won’t have the list spots take 5 or 6 picks to the draft. We’re going to want 3 second round picks and a third round pick to match the Ashcroft bid. Then we’ll probably go in to deficit matching Fletcher and our academy kids.

I imagine the selling point for St Kilda is you get 4 kids this year, rather than 2.

I'm actually James Gallagher and I say no deal.

I'm actually James Gallagher and I say no deal.
Can you sing “Wonderwall” for us.

I’m cool with no trade.

If the draft falls out as worst case scenario for us (Lions), I would expect Owens to be our selection at 20.

Following the BigFooty phantom draft, that played out as our worst case scenario.

Can you sing “Wonderwall” for us.

I’m cool with no trade.

If the draft falls out as worst case scenario for us (Lions), I would expect Owens to be our selection at 20.

Following the BigFooty phantom draft, that played out as our worst case scenario.

We'll give you our club dentist. Final offer.

I really hope we use pick 9(11) on a kid with star power as opposed to a solid citizen with runs on the board.

Rachelle, Sonsie, Groater, Draper look to be the “riskier” types with big upside that I would like us to look at. Will be really flat if we end up with another solid citizen.

See that sounds all well and good but then people thought guys like Andy Brayshaw and Bailey Smith were boring solid citizen types before their respective drafts. I’d happily take someone that plays like one of those two.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We (us fans) see three needs at this draft.
A key defender (a lot like Van Rooyen)

A (tall) mid who can play outside, rotate inside and has decent to good pace.

And a half back that offers run and carry and good ball use.

Why Owens
Because after Goater and Chesser, he’s the next best mid that meets our requirements. And we’re not going to find such a player at our third pick.

We can find a decent HBF at our third pick, a kid like Sam Banks. He’s our potential Rich successor.

If we want Van Rooyen, we’re going to have to select him with our first pick, because he won’t make it to our second pick.

Ideally we would prefer Chesser at our second selection. But if he’s off the board, Owens is the next best.

If you watch the Lions at all, do you believe Owens could play the Mitch Robinson wing roll? and eventually move on ball when Neale and Lyons move on or retire.

He’d compliment Will Ashcroft and Deven Robertson well, as our future starting midfield.

We (us fans) see three needs at this draft.
A key defender (a lot like Van Rooyen)

A (tall) mid who can play outside, rotate inside and has decent to good pace.

And a half back that offers run and carry and good ball use.

Because after Goater and Chesser, he’s the next best mid that meets our requirements. And we’re not going to find such a player at our third pick.

We can find a decent HBF at our third pick, a kid like Sam Banks. He’s our potential Rich successor.

If we want Van Rooyen, we’re going to have to select him with our first pick, because he won’t make it to our second pick.

Ideally we would prefer Chesser at our second selection. But if he’s off the board, Owens is the next best.

If you watch the Lions at all, do you believe Owens could play the Mitch Robinson wing roll? and eventually move on ball when Neale and Lyons move on or retire.

He’d compliment Will Ashcroft and Deven Robertson well, as our future starting midfield.
See I would be all over Mitch knevitt if I had that pick. Taller and a better mid. But Owens is the flavour of the month

See that sounds all well and good but then people thought guys like Andy Brayshaw and Bailey Smith were boring solid citizen types before their respective drafts. I’d happily take someone that plays like one of those two.
Bailey Smith wasn't a boring prospect, he was always pretty exciting and explosive, he just happened to be in a mega draft

See I would be all over Mitch knevitt if I had that pick. Taller and a better mid. But Owens is the flavour of the month
I don’t believe Knevitt has the outside game that Owens has.

When Twomey talks about Owens has his fans in the top 20, there’s a bit of an assumption that it’s us, or we’re one of the teams.

When Twomey talks about Owens has his fans in the top 20, there’s a bit of an assumption that it’s us, or we’re one of the teams.
Nah I’m pretty sure he’s got terrible kicking skills. Not sure you’d want him delivering the ball anywhere. Dal Santo’s had to specifically coach him on that and from highlights it still looks awkward. Probably not worth a top 20 pick. I’d say third round end of second is more suitable

Compare there highlights. I don’t think Owens is know for his outside skills

If that's the case I've got the following happening after Darcy and Daicos bids are matched and picks move up.

Pick 62 (123) into 54 (220)
Pick 66 (80) into 58 (170) {or 59 (159) if Dogs get Pick 57 from Darcy bid leftovers}
Pick 67 (69) into 59 (158) {or 60 (146)}

Our pick 49 (287) became 42 (395).

We've gone improved from 272 points (Pick 50) to 548 points (Pick 34) {or 525 (Pick 35)}

We're still pretty short. I dare say that pick 60 from Brisbane would come in handy because it would become 52 (246) or 53 (233). Would total 794 (Pick 24) or 758 (Pick 25).

Strewth, a lot to get your head around.
Actually hangdog I made a mistake. First round picks used to match a bid do not generate a later residual pick if there are points left over.

If a team uses multiple second round picks or later picks to match a first round bid, and there are left over points, then yes a residual pick is created.

My bad.

Oh, and thanks for accepting me here and having a good discussion. I’ll take my leave, so I don’t wear out my welcome.

p.s. I not really a fan of drafting another teams academy kid, unless he is a clear best available option and fills a genuine need for us. Hope you get your boys.

Actually hangdog I made a mistake. First round picks used to match a bid do not generate a later residual pick if there are points left over.

If a team uses multiple second round picks or later picks to match a first round bid, and there are left over points, then yes a residual pick is created.

My bad.

Oh, and thanks for accepting me here and having a good discussion. I’ll take my leave, so I don’t wear out my welcome.

p.s. I not really a fan of drafting another teams academy kid, unless he is a clear best available option and fills a genuine need for us. Hope you get your boys.
No worries. Thanks for playing nice too. I really hope you guys don’t get him but it is nice to know that other teams are envious of one of ours for once.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back