• Half Back Flank

• Half Back Flank

• Another Ruckman

• George Castagna

• Best available, yep I knew you'd choose this one ya tool

• A hard hitter like Sonsie

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Here we go, we finally get ourselves draft picks to trade and do whatever and the AFL i going to change the rules f..k the AFL

I think the article mentions that changes are likely going to be from the 2025 afl draft onwards. Teams made moves this year under the assumption that the 2024 AFL draft would have the same rules.

I’d lose it if they change it to these hypothetical changes from next year. Surely not

The proposed change of teams being forced to use a pick in the same round to match a bid will jettison our plan to package up a bunch of late picks in exchange for an early selection with the trade off being the excess points the team moving down the order will receive allowing them to match player bids.

Feels like our well played strategy for next year is about to be dicked by the AFL?
AFL can't do it for next year as clubs have made trades and plans around being able to package picks to get better picks. It's not just us either.

Any changes will come into effect from the 2025 draft, so that all clubs can be prepared accordingly

The proposed change of teams being forced to use a pick in the same round to match a bid will jettison our plan to package up a bunch of late picks in exchange for an early selection with the trade off being the excess points the team moving down the order will receive allowing them to match player bids.
Apparently not coming in until 2025 as future picks and such had already been traded ...of course it's the AFL so that could change

Most likely the change will be no more 20% discount on points, which would be good for us because clubs with academy players and father sons would have to be trading for more points that we have.
We must have a highly rated F/son or academy kid coming thru in the 25 draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL can't do it for next year as clubs have made trades and plans around being able to package picks to get better picks. It's not just us either.

Any changes will come into effect from the 2025 draft, so that all clubs can be prepared accordingly
That other clubs can match picks for their Academy players after first round could definitely happen for the next draft

Last edited:
Back