Preview National Draft discussion (Picks 14, 35, 43, 58)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You know the draft never was that important. I think what Phillip's death does, is really remind us how lucky we are as a nation to be able enjoy the lifestyle we do that is relatively free from danger and death. Rest in peace Phillip. You were a beauty.

Laverde, no thanks. Genuine kpps or genuine midfielders. No "utility" types. We need to build from the spine not the flanks/pockets.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Laverde, no thanks. Genuine kpps or genuine midfielders. No "utility" types. We need to build from the spine not the flanks/pockets.

Laverde projects from what i have read as a match winning outside mid...

We have a big need for those :p

We need speed, elite skills, and outside players. D Mac is the best we've got...and well...yeah!!!

Laverde highlights have me frothing... Could be anything.
Sorry if it's already been posted ad nauseum, but what is the official start time of the draft?

Is it just me, or does it not say anywhere what time the actual draft starts?
Been searching all over afl.com.au, can't find it.

well our history says we better start picking home grown talent cos after a few years they all want to leave.

Yes, they 'all' do.

What a load of s**t. Tippett didn't go 'home'. He went for glory with a ridiculously high offer from a team that rorted the COLA in order to make such an offer. Phil Davis certainly didn't go home (from Canberra) - he just got a grandfather offer he couldn't refuse. Bock was a money-hungry scumbag from SA.

Gunston was supposedly depressed and he went home.

So in recent club history, Jack Gunston has been the only player I can even think of who has walked out due to his state of origin. Gee, better draft Durdin over all of the 14 plus players we rate ahead as better football prospects than him just in case they are like Jack. And while we're at it, let's rewind and not take Dangerfield, Sloane or Talia cos they're risky Vic picks too. Give me a break.

If you're worried about 18 year olds wanting to leave your club because they weren't born in the same state as the one your club is in, your club is clearly ****ed and may as well give up. Build a successful culture with the best possible talent available, and nobody will ever want to leave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back