National Draft Pick #17 - Michael Apeness

Remove this Banner Ad

The benefit for him this year is he should have some quality delivery at times if our seniors can stay on the park. Having young AFL quality mids in Neale, Simpson, crozier, Sheridan etc delivering the ball will fast track his development. As a forward, you can be made to look a whole lot better by your midfield, and vice versa.
At least wafl seems to stay fairly open and free flowing compared to stoppage and slinshot afl styles, also makes it easier for him to have more basic leading patterns honoured.
I can't wait to see him and Alex Pearce come on this year, no expectation for senior footy from my perspective but l get as much enjoyment being able to watch their development at peel

The benefit for him this year is he should have some quality delivery at times if our seniors can stay on the park. Having young AFL quality mids in Neale, Simpson, crozier, Sheridan etc delivering the ball will fast track his development. As a forward, you can be made to look a whole lot better by your midfield, and vice versa.
At least wafl seems to stay fairly open and free flowing compared to stoppage and slinshot afl styles, also makes it easier for him to have more basic leading patterns honoured.
I can't wait to see him and Alex Pearce come on this year, no expectation for senior footy from my perspective but l get as much enjoyment being able to watch their development at peel

Won't have that many in this weekend. Simpson the only one that you listed.

Just wanted to comment on Apeness and how he is going for Peel.

I know he is injured this week but it looks like we have a KPF in the making. Strange how that works when you spend a first round pick on it. ;)
After all we tried a number of alternatives for this role but as a mentor of mine pointed out "there's no such thing as a free lunch so stop looking for cheapies because they are never that cheap and they never deliver".

Just wanted to comment on Apeness and how he is going for Peel.

I know he is injured this week but it looks like we have a KPF in the making. Strange how that works when you spend a first round pick on it. ;)
After all we tried a number of alternatives for this role but as a mentor of mine pointed out "there's no such thing as a free lunch so stop looking for cheapies because they are never that cheap and they never deliver".
Hang on - he kicks one goal (Moller kicked 3) in the WAFL and we are hailing a new forward? I think I will wait till he kicks a bag of four or five a few weeks in a row.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back