National Draft Pick #58 - Brady Grey

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree with the above post and would also add that he came from our partner club in Tassie, which means we would almost certainly have some inside info about him that other clubs may not. Watching the clips and seeing him move makes me think he will be another late gem. I was surprised when I first heard the players we had drafted, but on closer inspection I think the 2013 draft could go down as a good draft after all. Obviously wait and see though. At least we didnt draft a group of players who appear to be the opposite of the type of player they need like West Coast. I didnt see one explosive running tall midfield type in the entire group of players they drafted. Weird

The thing with drafts is that you never know what a club is picking up, until they player shows it. Any pick up is a gamble. I don't mind slow maturing players either. Sometimes it just takes a bit of time and patience for a player to really show their potential.

Look at the Dockers list - it's taken a bit of time for the list to really shine and now this year and last year it has really taken off - the Dockers list that is and no doubt it will get better as the seasons go by. A premiership could be around the corner. Time will tell of course but the Dockers are certainly looking like a team-on-the-up. Playing the Dockers at Paterson's Stadium..............gee wizz.........very hard to beat them there.

Cheers.

I know Brady fairly well, played soccer with him before he took up footy for a few years. Good bloke and very level headed and down to earth. I have not seen him play footy in the last year so i can't comment on that but he was a good soccer player but is injury-prone from memory.

Yeah nice guy, was chatting to him on facebook just then. Really looking forward to heading to Perth. He is looking forward to the warmer weather instead of the cold weather in Tassie.

He might change his mind once he's doing repeat sprints in 40 degree heat.

You gotta be a little envious of these guys who are obviously blessed with immense natural sporting ability.

Hasn't played footy in 4-5 years, has the option of playing either soccer or cricket, elects he wants to take up footy again and a few months later is an AFL footballer.

Representing Tasmania in soccer... that's like getting a gig in the Belgian cricket team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a look at his highlights and I've gotta say although it's only a short video (and its early days) I don't see a whole lot to get excited about.
Hope he proves me wrong and turns into another late pick gem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just had a look at his highlights and I've gotta say although it's only a short video (and its early days) I don't see a whole lot to get excited about.
Hope he proves me wrong and turns into another late pick gem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Must be watching different video to me! Video on Dockers web site with interview seems pretty bloody impressive to me, especially for a kid who has not much footy experience behind him. Time will tell I guess!

FEfYFee.jpg

"Brady the Grey"

You think? He looks like a little jet to me.

Very impressive highlights package for such a late pick.

edit - just saw your second post. I reckon his first highlights vid was pretty impressive too though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back