List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we could rookie list one or two of James Cousins, Patrick Naish, Ned Long or Charlie Dean I'd be happy. Will Papley and Joel Trudgeon could be worth a shot too.

Happy with the draft like most here. Owens gives me a bit of hope for my half Japanese lad. I don't have the height of his old man, but my wife's way taller than his mum. No teams around me here though, so looks like the coaching's up to me. Step one, get him to stop watching the Paw Patrol movie on repeat and pick up a ball instad.

Ha, good luck with that. I remember the paw patrol phase. Just wait until some little fecker puts him onto Minecraft & the new fangled Pokémon...it's a disaster 😏

If we could rookie list one or two of James Cousins, Patrick Naish, Ned Long or Charlie Dean I'd be happy. Will Papley and Joel Trudgeon could be worth a shot too.
We are stuffed if Howard goes down, so hopefully Dean

Speak highly of NWM

ST KILDA
11. Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (Glenelg/Marion)

187cm, 71kg, Mid

33. Mitchito Owens (Sandringham/Beaumaris)

190cm, 85kg, Forward

47. Marcus Windhager (Sandringham/Beaumaris)

185cm, 85kg, Midfielder

51. Oscar Adams (Glenelg/Compton)

198cm, 85kg, Defender

All eyes on Nasiah, the nephew of 1993 Brownlow Medallist Gavin Wanganeen, who is suddenly a teammate of Jarryn Geary, who played with his father, Terry Milera, only seven years ago. Forget overlooking Josh Sinn and focus on Wanganeen-Milera, who is the best kick of the draft and simply all class. The Saints believe he is deceptively quick once he steps on to some open grass and they can put him on one wing, Bradley Hill on the other and watch Max King’s eyes light up as he leads towards two classy users. Mitchito Owens has shot up 15cm in the past 18 months and the Saints matched a bid for the powerful and brave midfielder, who is half-Japanese, by giving up picks 48 and 54 for Owens and 59.

Sam Landsberger’s verdict: The Saints targeted class and desperately wanted a key defender following the retirements of Dylan Roberton, Jake Carlisle and James Frawley. Well, Wanganeen brings the class and Oscar Adams – who travelled nearly five hours from Mt Gambier to play footy each week – is a big backman they can work with, a little bit like Mark Blicavs or ex-Saint Justin Koschitzke. For a club that has long been dudded by the father-son rule it was fitting that Owens and Windhager arrived as academy bargains. Some suspected Owens had spiked so strongly that he might sneak into the top 20, where the Saints would’ve lost access to him.

Best 22

B Paton Howard Wilkie
HB Webster Battle Sinclair
C Hill Steele Dmac
HF Billings Membrey Butler
F Gresham King Marshall
R Ryder Crouch Jones
I/C Higgins Clark Coffield Byrnes

Development 22
B Geary Adams Highmore
HB ? Joyce Connolly
C Hanners Bytel Wanganeen-Milera
HF Kent Wood Windhager
F Long Sharman Allison
R Campbell Owens Ross
I/C Heath ? ? ?
I wonder what our age profile will be and what David king will think about it 😂

Got our two NGA’s Owen & Windhager with our middle picks, a wing/hf link up man in NWM, followed by a future KPD in Adams. Much of what everyone on here was expecting, we all may have got the last two names wrong, but if they all come on as expected, then IMO we …...

ECD04841-AD93-4090-B8D3-43EBC99673AC.gif

Last edited:
We have a nice crop of young talls now with Oscar, Allison and Heath ,not to mention Max , Cooper and hopefully Ben next year , thats a fair crop of Key position players , lets hope they can all make it

Last edited:
Need to find a ready made key defender in the rookie draft or supplementry period.

We are in big trouble if Howard goes down.

I'd like to grab Charlie Dean, or even a Mick Hartley, but I think the club will look at Joyce & Battle as ready made depth with Allison & Adams developing.

I think we give a spot to Naish or Hanrahan as a DFA and keep a senior spot free for the mid season.

Not sure they really exist but maybe rookie list a genuine small/crumbing forward? Butler is really the only one on our list with the rest of that role covered by Higgins & Gresh.

Id love to see us getting some "teams within teams" on game day.

Gresh, Butler & Higgins from forward pocket to half forward to short spells on ball for a different look...

Hill, Sinclair & Clark from wing to half back to on ball...

Billings, NWM & Coffield from wing to half forward, delivering inside 50 and putting score on the board...

All of Steele, Crouch & Jones can rest forward at times...

All of Sharman, Membrey & King can play deep or push up the ground...

DMac just running all over the park MDK'ing anything in his way while also jagging team lifting goals on his way to 100 games and being the first name on the #36 locker!!!

Really looking forward to sitting down & putting a squad of 23-25 together.

:)

It's easy to complain about the NGAs and tbh they do feel like bullshit, but at least this time we were the ones who got benefit from the bullshit.

If they turn into stars we'll be massive fans of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice try but get ready for the Sharman comments lol.

Absolute disgrace putting Coops into development. Like sending a young Wayne Carey back to Wagga. Max King is training to be his Kosi style foil as we speak...well he should be. StC's from Perth so I let him off this time, they have weird s**t going on with their clocks over there, it's like some bizarre alternative universe.

I'd like to grab Charlie Dean, or even a Mick Hartley, but I think the club will look at Joyce & Battle as ready made depth with Allison & Adams developing.

I think we give a spot to Naish or Hanrahan as a DFA and keep a senior spot free for the mid season.

Not sure they really exist but maybe rookie list a genuine small/crumbing forward? Butler is really the only one on our list with the rest of that role covered by Higgins & Gresh.

Id love to see us getting some "teams within teams" on game day.

Gresh, Butler & Higgins from forward pocket to half forward to short spells on ball for a different look...

Hill, Sinclair & Clark from wing to half back to on ball...

Billings, NWM & Coffield from wing to half forward, delivering inside 50 and putting score on the board...

All of Steele, Crouch & Jones can rest forward at times...

All of Sharman, Membrey & King can play deep or push up the ground...

DMac just running all over the park MDK'ing anything in his way while also jagging team lifting goals on his way to 100 games and being the first name on the #36 locker!!!

Really looking forward to sitting down & putting a squad of 23-25 together.

:)
Id rather take a chance on a roughy that Naish or Hanrahan , they have had their chance IMO

Just had a chat with my uncle who played with the club back in the late 80’s and he is real excited by NWM, just what he wanted us to get. Well rounded draft for us getting a good mix of everything.

After watching a few more highlights I think we’ve got a gem and a real POD with nasiah, 15 touches that are forward or centre for us and we know we will be having shots on goal.

Let’s hope they all have a ripper pre season and push some guys out of the side, that means we will only be a better team.

St Kilda has rebuffed Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy’s criticism of their draft strategy after ignoring a dashing local defender for silky South Australian Nasiah Milera-Wanganeen.

Healy said St Kilda should have weighed the flight risk of selecting Milera-Wanganeen when they selected him at pick 11 when Vic Metro captain Josh Sinn was available at that pick.

Sinn went to Port Adelaide with the No.12 selection, with 3AW’s Healy asking: “Why would you take a wingman from interstate, with all the issues associated with it, when you have a kid in your own heartland – Josh Sinn – who is captain of Sandringham Dragons, captain of Vic Metro, and still available.

“Both of them, I’m sure, are terrific young players. But it doesn’t seem to me that there is enough between them to create all the issues associated with relocation as opposed to sending a bike to the end of South Road.”

St Kilda list boss James Gallagher made clear the Saints were thrilled Milera-Wanganeen was still available at pick 11 and exactly what the club needed given he was so brilliant by foot.

St Kilda has battled with its finishing polish in recent years so Milera-Wanganeen hitting leading targets laces-out is exactly what Brett Ratten requires.

Gallagher said the club backed in its capacity to keep interstate players despite Healy’s critique.

“He wasn’t too far away, Josh, but geography doesn’t play a big role in our recruiting,” Gallagher said.

“We have got a club that people want to stay at. History has shown if they come to our club they don’t want to leave. Josh is a really talented player. Good kid, he has some upside, but we need to bring in elite talent to our club and we have done it.

“It is best available. We had (Nasiah) inside (pick 11). He is exceptionally talented, he is a beautiful mover, very light on his feet, very comfortably the best kick in the draft. That is something we need. Max King is pretty happy to have him at the club. He is a pretty skinny kid. There is enormous growth in him.”

St Kilda was thrilled to secure a pair of NGA talents in fearless wingman Mitch Owens (pick 33) and mid forward Marcus Windhager after matching bids from rival clubs.

The Saints had been nervous a rival might bid on Owens within the first 20 picks, which under new AFL rules would have meant they would have lost him to that team.

Ha, good luck with that. I remember the paw patrol phase. Just wait until some little fecker puts him onto Minecraft & the new fangled Pokémon...it's a disaster
My boys have stopped watching stuff like Paw Patrol and started watching these terrible terrible kids US TV shows with canned laughter. Worse still, they're watching them dubbed into French because the little devils don't understand it in the original English, even they speak English with me every day. I don't understand what the characters in the TV show are saying but it's still really lame and annoying, I much preferred Paw Patrol.

(BTW , I think it's mad that both our primary ruck men are characters from that show! We'll have to give Max Heath and Tom Campbell the nicknames Chase and Rocky)

Just keep them away from the new Alvin & The Chipmunks and Smurfs films - I'd almost rather see the Bombers win a premiership than watch that garbage again

Just had a chat with my uncle who played with the club back in the late 80’s and he is real excited by NWM, just what he wanted us to get. Well rounded draft for us getting a good mix of everything.

After watching a few more highlights I think we’ve got a gem and a real POD with nasiah, 15 touches that are forward or centre for us and we know we will be having shots on goal.

Let’s hope they all have a ripper pre season and push some guys out of the side, that means we will only be a better team.

Who was your uncle?

My boys have stopped watching stuff like Paw Patrol and started watching these terrible terrible kids US TV shows with canned laughter. Worse still, they're watching them dubbed into French because the little devils don't understand it in the original English, even they speak English with me every day. I don't understand what the characters in the TV show are saying but it's still really lame and annoying, I much preferred Paw Patrol.

(BTW , I think it's mad that both our primary ruck men are characters from that show! We'll have to give Max Heath and Tom Campbell the nicknames Chase and Rocky)

Just keep them away from the new Alvin & The Chipmunks and Smurfs films - I'd almost rather see the Bombers win a premiership than watch that garbage again

Those Chipmunk films were the ******* pits.

St Kilda has rebuffed Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy’s criticism of their draft strategy after ignoring a dashing local defender for silky South Australian Nasiah Milera-Wanganeen.

Healy said St Kilda should have weighed the flight risk of selecting Milera-Wanganeen when they selected him at pick 11 when Vic Metro captain Josh Sinn was available at that pick.

Sinn went to Port Adelaide with the No.12 selection, with 3AW’s Healy asking: “Why would you take a wingman from interstate, with all the issues associated with it, when you have a kid in your own heartland – Josh Sinn – who is captain of Sandringham Dragons, captain of Vic Metro, and still available.

“Both of them, I’m sure, are terrific young players. But it doesn’t seem to me that there is enough between them to create all the issues associated with relocation as opposed to sending a bike to the end of South Road.”

St Kilda list boss James Gallagher made clear the Saints were thrilled Milera-Wanganeen was still available at pick 11 and exactly what the club needed given he was so brilliant by foot.

St Kilda has battled with its finishing polish in recent years so Milera-Wanganeen hitting leading targets laces-out is exactly what Brett Ratten requires.

Gallagher said the club backed in its capacity to keep interstate players despite Healy’s critique.

“He wasn’t too far away, Josh, but geography doesn’t play a big role in our recruiting,” Gallagher said.

“We have got a club that people want to stay at. History has shown if they come to our club they don’t want to leave. Josh is a really talented player. Good kid, he has some upside, but we need to bring in elite talent to our club and we have done it.

“It is best available. We had (Nasiah) inside (pick 11). He is exceptionally talented, he is a beautiful mover, very light on his feet, very comfortably the best kick in the draft. That is something we need. Max King is pretty happy to have him at the club. He is a pretty skinny kid. There is enormous growth in him.”

St Kilda was thrilled to secure a pair of NGA talents in fearless wingman Mitch Owens (pick 33) and mid forward Marcus Windhager after matching bids from rival clubs.

The Saints had been nervous a rival might bid on Owens within the first 20 picks, which under new AFL rules would have meant they would have lost him to that team.

We've clearly been talking to him a lot in the lead up to the draft and confident about the go home factor.

Most people would be pretty happy to get out of Adelaide I'd imagine?

PoppedCorn ?

So we made a huge mistake by taking someone who is a flight risk but Port are genius for taking someone who is a flight risk? 🤪

If Sinn loves is "backyard" so much then he will probably end up at Moorabbin in a few years anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back