List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, thought you might like to have this resource on your board (scuse the intrusion!) – mods might like to sticky it so it's visible at the top of the thread

Oct 2, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Windhager, Peris, kyle
Peris and Kyle are both long term, project types.

Butler, Higgins, Kent, Long is a decent amount of ready to go small forward options.

Plus our mid/fwd types in Gresh, Billings, Byrnes (more half forward at this stage than mid but would be hoping to make that jump) who can rest forward throughout games.

Ephemeral Hope

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Really it isn't depth in any areas we are lacking, it's just the high end talent we need.

Maybe we are best just keeping a spot open for MSD to see if we can find another Sharman.
Im trying to think of players we were looking at who didn’t get drafted. Any in mind you think will make the jump over the next 6 months?

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Im trying to think of players we were looking at who didn’t get drafted. Any in mind you think will make the jump over the next 6 months?
There were quite a few key position players that Shifter Sheehen had in his top key defender prospects that went undrafted.

Including a couple of locals.

It may be worth invited one or two to train with us to see how they go. A couple of them can play either end too by the looks of it.

There were quite a few key position players that Shifter Sheehen had in his top key defender prospects that went undrafted.

Including a couple of locals.

It may be worth invited one or two to train with us to see how they go. A couple of them can play either end too by the looks of it.

Which ones are you looking at ?

A lot are only kids so not sure we would be much better off , and most only 194cm

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Which ones are you looking at ?

A lot are only kids so not sure we would be much better off , and most only 194cm
I don't know a lot about any of them to be honest.

I don't mind the sound of Baker Smith from Tassie though.

Seems a similar type to Adams though so it may depend on what end we choose to play Allison on whether another key defender would be of any interest.

There were also a few key forwa prospects that missed out that may be worth looking at

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
Peris and Kyle are both long term, project types.

Butler, Higgins, Kent, Long is a decent amount of ready to go small forward options.

Plus our mid/fwd types in Gresh, Billings, Byrnes (more half forward at this stage than mid but would be hoping to make that jump) who can rest forward throughout games.

Steele and Crouch are also capable goal kickers as mids. Clark kicked a couple in the Hawthorn game. We have great fire power in this team - and a very solid young defence. Just need to glue it all up together via midfield, and defensive effort across the ground and we’ll be able to put that fire power to good use.

King is the outlier in this. He will standout as the special elite player as he can take that freak contested mark of a less then desirable kick. And if we are delivering it well, then we will be a high scoring team.

But hey, even if we aren’t delivering it - we have some good crumbers and X-factor. The games will be a lot tighter, but we can still get score on the board.

I’m not expecting nothing, but if Butler could get in 2020 form again we would be flying in the forward line.

PostmanBish

Club Legend
Sep 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
Club statement

"Moving forward, Allison will go back to being a forward and we're sure he won't look back. We're looking forward to it."

So close, but missing the St Kilda keyword ... "Moving forward, Allison will go back to being a forward and we're sure he won't look back. We're looking forward to it, and back him to wing it, whatever role he is playing"

PlayerNumber9

Number 9
Mar 6, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
If someone tries to get rid of the Father/Son before we get the Riewoldt boys then they may find Tommy Bent's metallic head inserted deep inside their poop chute

You know they will abolish it the year before they become eligible. Probably a few years after we lose another GF to a team loaded with sons.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

You know they will abolish it the year before they become eligible. Probably a few years after we lose another GF to a team loaded with sons.
Just a general question out there to those who know a lot more about this stuff than I do.

This is purely hypothetical; I am certainly not suggesting the players I'm using in the following scenario will suddenly become stars, but:

Let's say you have a kid such as Jackson Voss or Tyson Milne. And they either nominate for the Draft and get completely overlooked; or they decide there's no interest so they don't nominate.

They then go away and work on their game, and along the way the penny drops and they start playing to the potential we had all hoped for. Suddenly clubs are interested.

Next Draft comes up and they nominate. Do the same Father/Son rules apply to them as older aged players who have never been on another club's list? Or has the player and the club missed the boat?

Just curious that's all (I've ever only been aware of teenage F/Ss)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bergholt

Good Ordinary Player
Mar 14, 2007
Brunswick
AFL Club
St Kilda
Just a general question out there to those who know a lot more about this stuff than I do.

This is purely hypothetical; I am certainly not suggesting the players I'm using in the following scenario will suddenly become stars, but:

Let's say you have a kid such as Jackson Voss or Tyson Milne. And they either nominate for the Draft and get completely overlooked; or they decide there's no interest so they don't nominate.

They then go away and work on their game, and along the way the penny drops and they start playing to the potential we had all hoped for. Suddenly clubs are interested.

Next Draft comes up and they nominate. Do the same Father/Son rules apply to them as older aged players who have never been on another club's list? Or has the player and the club missed the boat?

Yeah good question, I seem to remember it's only when they're first eligible but I don't know if it's ever come up?

Mowman

Cancelled
Day Off
Veteran St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2023 10k Posts St Kilda - Marcus Windhager Player Sponsor 2022 St Kilda - James Frawley Player Sponsor 2021 Saints Pledge Contributor St Kilda - Doulton Langlands Player Sponsor 2020 St Kilda - Robbie Young Player Sponsor 2019
May 19, 2013

I think missed the boat
Wasn't Michael Voss son a chance this year after a few years in the SANFL

Man you guys sure know how to argue without actually disagreeing with each other.
Pretty simple.
If your scale goes from A to C, Cotchin is definitely A-grade.
George's scale probably goes to Z, or uses the Greek alphabet or something.
If your scale goes past E, I'd say Cotch drops to B.

I think in a lot of people's minds, it'd go something like champions/superstars > stars > all other A graders > Grey area A/B graders > and so on...

But anyway, if you sorted out your bloody scales and alphabets first the conversation probably would have been finished 20 pages ago.

They've got this weird grading system over here - an S tops everything else. Maybe we can say that Cotch is A grade, but Dusty is S. Newcomers to the forum will really appreciate it.
My wife had Seinfeld on last night as I was falling asleep...my dream went something like this.

Kramer - No, No, No Jerry you're wrong. Cotchin is not an A, he can't be an A. He's an AB.

Elaine (with a shove on Jerry) - Get out! He's not an A. Actually he could be an A but I don't even know what a Cotchin is

George - I worked for the Yankees and I know about these things and Cotchin is definitely an A. He won an MVP and a pennant. Definitely an A!

Newman - Ok so what about Sidebottom?

All 4 - NEWMAN 😤

Kramer - I think I'm losing it Jerry 🤪

Last edited:

hangdog

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Wrexham FC,

Don't think you can. Eg, Michael Voss's kid was doing well at SANFL but Brisbane couldn't nominate him

Edit: Mowman beat me to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back