List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get why you have to nominate them? What is to be gained by Collingwood saying they won't at this stage?

Aren't our 2 also available to all clubs? Albeit we can match after 20.
If you nominate them then you have to match or take them with your last pick if they dont get called.
In other words they obviously rate him beyond their last expected pick

I know that in the end winning that Freo game in round 23 was great for club and culture to finish a disappointing year. But boy, if we had lost that game we’d have pick 7 (9) which might be two spots high enough to get someone like a Hobbs. I know it’s futile to think of it, and who knows who slides and how it all plays out years down the track, but it is just so bloody important that we nail this draft.

On current form, I’ll back our off-field team in. Just hope that they can sustain their success before we have a crack at Bing and aim for the stuff of legends. As has been pointed out countless times, we gotta make sure our s**t is sorted prior to making the big plays. Fingers crossed, highly anticipating draft night.

I know that in the end winning that Freo game in round 23 was great for club and culture to finish a disappointing year. But boy, if we had lost that game we’d have pick 7 (9) which might be two spots high enough to get someone like a Hobbs. I know it’s futile to think of it, and who knows who slides and how it all plays out years down the track, but it is just so bloody important that we nail this draft.

On current form, I’ll back our off-field team in. Just hope that they can sustain their success before we have a crack at Bing and aim for the stuff of legends. As has been pointed out countless times, we gotta make sure our sh*t is sorted prior to making the big plays. Fingers crossed, highly anticipating draft night.
It’s always a nice position having your first be someone else’s future. You can win as much as you like and not * over your pick. You can also flog the person who’s pick you have and hopefully get a pick in the top 5

I don't see his size as an issue.

He's bigger than Zach Merrett and Touk Miller who were both All Australians this year.

He's had dominant games playing as a midfielder.
It’s never an issue if you’re good enough but I’ll still take a big mid over a smaller one every time all things being equal. Sonsie looked noticeably shorter than narkle so if he doesn‘t walk straight into our midfield where does he play, small forward obviously or sandy.

I notice he’s been injured and the experts say he fades out of games and isn’t a gut runner, on the plus side he is rated by some as the most skilful mid in the draft. My take would be if the club is prepared to be patient he could be steal if he’s there at our pick.

Personally I’m really not that fussed if we take a mid or not, it‘s a wait a see who‘s still there when our pick rolls around. We need a key defender as well and Mac Andrew would be hard to pass on. I confident there will be some good players still on the board at our pick

On current form, I’ll back our off-field team in. Just hope that they can sustain their success before we have a crack at Bing and aim for the stuff of legends. As has been pointed out countless times, we gotta make sure our sh*t is sorted prior to making the big plays. Fingers crossed, highly anticipating draft night.
I was actually thinking that during the game, now knowing our luck Hobbs will go pick 8. Such a massive draft because if we find an A grade mid with our pick we are away but if not it’s going to be tough to find a premiership midfield.

It’s never an issue if you’re good enough but I’ll still take a big mid over a smaller one every time all things being equal. Sonsie looked noticeably shorter than narkle so if he doesn‘t walk straight into our midfield where does he play, small forward obviously or sandy.

I notice he’s been injured and the experts say he fades out of games and isn’t a gut runner, on the plus side he is rated by some as the most skilful mid in the draft. My take would be if the club is prepared to be patient he could be steal if he’s there at our pick.

Personally I’m really not that fussed if we take a mid or not, it‘s a wait a see who‘s still there when our pick rolls around. We need a key defender as well and Mac Andrew would be hard to pass on. I confident there will be some good players still on the board at our pick

We really need mids though. Star mids win premierships. KPs and rucks are much more likely to bust than guys that win their own ball in the midfield. I still think that Trout's issue was that he was always avoiding taking mids and so took HBFs to convert or talls with much lower strike rates.

Andrew looks great but he's going to play as a Luke Jackson forward and eventually move into a ruck role possibly if he fills out enough. Ben King makes him a hard one to fit in as a LJ type.

Gibcus looks like a good but not exceptional defender and would be a good get with a pick around 18 but too high where we are.

If you've got two equal mids then maybe you choose the bigger one.

I think other than that though you just go the best.

I wouldn't be picking Ellis-Yoleman over Lachie Neale because he's bigger.

Sonsie probably starts at half forward, but there aren't too many mids that come in and play midfield from day one.

The fact that he is able to play forward is just another string to his bow.

I was actually thinking that during the game, now knowing our luck Hobbs will go pick 8. Such a massive draft because if we find an A grade mid with our pick we are away but if not it’s going to be tough to find a premiership midfield.

Yeah exactly. That game was always kind of bittersweet because a part of me thought, if we’re gonna have a s**t year we might as well benefit from it in the draft, but in the end we’re middle of the first round. Half way through the year it was exciting though! Felt like we had pick 5 or 6 lol.

Knightmares description of Hobbs in his October power rankings makes me shudder.

‘Lacking in the way of speed, athleticism and x-factor, Hobbs doesn't play the most exciting brand of football but is nonetheless effective and dependable.’

Sounds like Dunstan 2.0. He compares him to Matt Crouch.

If we can come away with Johnson, Owens, Windhager then I think we will have done very well.

Wouldn’t be upset if we took him first round. I know I’ll cop it but that’s my opinion
Yea look
I was originally thinking Sonsie too, then switched to Goater after reading his profiles. Now im leaning towards Sinn after seeing his highlights package.....It will be a tough decision for our recruiters im sure
i would not be surprised to see us take Sinn. Recently we e had a bias towards kids from Sandy for obvious reasons. I also think with less exposure we may have an edge in having good links to Sandy.

If you've got two equal mids then maybe you choose the bigger one.

I think other than that though you just go the best.

I wouldn't be picking Ellis-Yoleman over Lachie Neale because he's bigger.

Sonsie probably starts at half forward, but there aren't too many mids that come in and play midfield from day one.

The fact that he is able to play forward is just another string to his bow.
A star of the game and a journeyman picks 58 and 64, Fremantle just got lucky. Best is great when your team doesn’t have many holes unfortunately we have quite a few.

Best won’t be a full forward but we‘d be idiots to take one and live trading makes it easier in theory to drop back or move up according to need. Normally I’d be screaming for a classy mid but I’m not sure any at our pick will we that much better than an early second. We need a tall defender, we would be fools to pass on Mac Andrew Imo so who knows what will happen on the night.

Sonsie on some measures looks a great pick for us, we need skills and class and he has them, I wouldn’t pass on him because he’s 181cm I’m just saying if I could get the same attributes from a player at 191cm I‘d choose him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We really need mids though. Star mids win premierships. KPs and rucks are much more likely to bust than guys that win their own ball in the midfield. I still think that Trout's issue was that he was always avoiding taking mids and so took HBFs to convert or talls with much lower strike rates.

Andrew looks great but he's going to play as a Luke Jackson forward and eventually move into a ruck role possibly if he fills out enough. Ben King makes him a hard one to fit in as a LJ type.

Gibcus looks like a good but not exceptional defender and would be a good get with a pick around 18 but too high where we are.
Normally I’d be screaming for a mid but we have other needs as well and bing doesn’t play for us yet. This draft has everyone dreaming of stars everywhere but history tells us drafts don’t deliver like that every often if ever. I’ve watched a couple, actually three rep games and I’m not that impressed to be honest.

What’s making things interesting this year is these kids have two years of limited exposure, that’s added another layer of intrigue.

Knightmares description of Hobbs in his October power rankings makes me shudder.

‘Lacking in the way of speed, athleticism and x-factor, Hobbs doesn't play the most exciting brand of football but is nonetheless effective and dependable.’

If we can come away with Johnson, Owens, Windhager then I think we will have done very well.
Easily the most boring "highlights" package I've ever seen. He's a fine footballer but I'd be disappointed if we selected him.
Apparently he has a good arse though..

Knightmare has had some shocking comparisons over the years though.

Wouldn’t take any notice of them at all.

Hobbs is a Selwood clone BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A star of the game and a journeyman picks 58 and 64, Fremantle just got lucky. Best is great when your team doesn’t have many holes unfortunately we have quite a few.

Best won’t be a full forward but we‘d be idiots to take one and live trading makes it easier in theory to drop back or move up according to need. Normally I’d be screaming for a classy mid but I’m not sure any at our pick will we that much better than an early second. We need a tall defender, we would be fools to pass on Mac Andrew Imo so who knows what will happen on the night.

Sonsie on some measures looks a great pick for us, we need skills and class and he has them, I wouldn’t pass on him because he’s 181cm I’m just saying if I could get the same attributes from a player at 191cm I‘d choose him.
I'm not suggesting we don't take the best available.

I'm also not suggesting we don't need a key defender or that we shouldn't look at Andrew if he is available.

That is another discussion.

You're original post seemed to be suggesting he'd be more of a small forward than a mid due to his height.

All I'm saying is that Sonsie's height isn't an issue. He's shown he's a genuine midfielder and NAB level and even looks good playing through the guts in the VFL.

This year there were 3 all Australian mids smaller than him and the year before we had a Brownlow medalists 2 inches smaller.

Knightmare has had some shocking comparisons over the years though.

Wouldn’t take any notice of them at all.

Hobbs is a Selwood clone BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Knightmare seems to get his favourites he talks up and then other he doesn't like and often uses some scathing comparisons to push it.

He gets a lot wrong. He's had favourites that don't even get drafted.

I think Twomer has him at 5 for a good reason.

I'm not suggesting we don't take the best available.

I'm also not suggesting we don't need a key defender or that we shouldn't look at Andrew if he is available.

That is another discussion.

You're original post seemed to be suggesting he'd be more of a small forward than a mid due to his height.

All I'm saying is that Sonsie's height isn't an issue. He's shown he's a genuine midfielder and NAB level and even looks good playing through the guts in the VFL.

This year there were 3 all Australian mids smaller than him and the year before we had a Brownlow medalists 2 inches smaller.
Well we’re not picking but it will be interesting as always to see who rates these kids. Sonsie trained with the hawks and played at box hill and will have first crack and if he’s there at our pick we’ll soon see if we rate him.

Well we’re not picking but it will be interesting as always to see who rates these kids. Sonsie trained with the hawks and played at box hill and will have first crack and if he’s there at our pick we’ll soon see if we rate him.
I reckon Hawks will really like him but there'll be a couple of mids rated higher that could fall into their lap.

Hobbs and Ward.

They'd love another high pick which is probably why they were shopping half their list around.

My prediction is that Richmond will draft Owens with their pick (currently) 15 not just to pickup a good player but to force the Saints to trade our future 2nd round pick for one of the three Richmond 2nd round picks they hold.The Saints will be desperate to get back into the draft after losing the NGA pick and Richmond will screw us over to get that deal done. Bookmark it.
Sorry to intrude and was reading away quietly but thought i may respond to your post

Not too sure why Richmond would be looking for another 2022 2nd rounder as currently have both our own and North's 2nd round pick , But also most likely Saints 2nd next year will be 30+ selection and currently all 3 of Richmonds 26,27,28 are in a better place.
Considering the picks Richmond gave up to acquire #27 from pies (38,40+F3) i cant see any value in saints F2

Also Mitchito Owens is the exact type of player Richmond will be looking at with pick #15 and i think he is a real chance to go in this range and i would love it if the tigers called out his name at #15

Which is pretty much Joel Selwood, Sam Mitchell, Walsh, Wines or any other gun on baller too though. Knightmare comes up with really weird comparisons and half of the guys he compares to are absolute spuds. He gets a top 20 kid and compares them to Trey Ruscoe or some Collingwood depth player most years. I really rate Hobbs old school natural footballer vibe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back