List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Battle where?
Ratts has said Battle to CHB I think
He needs to cement his spot this year

Poor old Howard needs some help gives everything he has every week

We also culled some of the young players aggressively.
Phillips and Doulton could have both been kept on the list for depth, but it seems that the club made a choice that they weren't what the club was looking for long term.
Historically we have held onto those sort of fringe players too long.
( Though the McKenzie theory* says they can come good in the end ).

* Not to be confused with the Australian Progressive band of the 70s.

Some of the guys cut at the end of 2020 were unlucky to be OOC when list sizes were reduced. A few may well have survived any other year.

Where did I mention outside normal squad need another reliable KPB in the 1st with Howard
I think this all depends on whether we see Dougs as our FB or our CHB. If battle plays CHB dougs is FB but if Dougs is our CHB then we want someone else to go FB unless battle can do it

takes a mole to make a molehill, and yep Gerrard is a mole

well that it, isn't it, our list in bang on prime-age, a couple older, a few younger, there is a cliff 5-6 years away, can we achieve anything before the glut of prime-aged players tumble over.

I'm not sold on being a top 4 side, but I still agree with the direction the club has taken, the alternative wasn't an option

He's a paid up supporter, he's just an anxious type like myself. He means well but he's been conditioned to think like ....me poor bastard.

There is a tiny worry we might have wound up with just a bunch of flankers but honestly Wanganeen-Milera looks an absolute gun (evasive, quick and beauiful skills) then the academy boys we effectively get on the cheap, Adams feels like a bonus.

Really happy overall.

the good thing about taking a bloke the is a wingman that has excellent decision making and execution is that if he is underutilized out there he can swing either fwd or back and be just as useful there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond re-takes Cumberland first... do we jump on Biggy? #bringhimhome

5 clubs before us could use their first pick to re-list delisted players. North (Polec), Collingwood (Chugg), Carlton (Cottrell/O'Brien), Fremantle (Blakey/Crowden), Gold Coast (McLennan/Thompson/Casboult*).

I think this all depends on whether we see Dougs as our FB or our CHB. If battle plays CHB dougs is FB but if Dougs is our CHB then we want someone else to go FB unless battle can do it
I don't think it matters too much. We just need another good key defender and they can work it out then.

People seem to think that Doogs is an offensive weapon but it's not really the case.

He always seems to rate fairly well in one on ones and spoils but isn't a huge intercept mark.

This might have something to do with the fact so much relies on him defensively, but I don't see him becoming a Mcgovern type key defender.

Whether he has to play deeper or up the ground won't make a huge difference to us IMO.

I don't think it matters too much. We just need another good key defender and they can work it out then.

People seem to think that Doogs is an offensive weapon but it's not really the case.

He always seems to rate fairly well in one on ones and spoils but isn't a huge intercept mark.

This might have something to do with the fact so much relies on him defensively, but I don't see him becoming a Mcgovern type key defender.

Whether he has to play deeper or up the ground won't make a huge difference to us IMO.

Other thing about Doogs is he's the best option to swing forward. I'd argue a better option than Battle. So if we did lose a King or Membrey he could potentially switch.

100% this

Really hope Battle can make that position his

If Richmond re-takes Cumberland first... do we jump on Biggy? #bringhimhome

5 clubs before us could use their first pick to re-list delisted players. North (Polec), Collingwood (Chugg), Carlton (Cottrell/O'Brien), Fremantle (Blakey/Crowden), Gold Coast (McLennan/Thompson/Casboult*).
two of Ned Long, Goober, Dumont please

Anybody running a book on how long the rookie draft lasts this afternoon?

Possibly a bit longer than Gil's lead in speech to the first round NAB draft BUT absolutely odds on that it will be quicker than the first ad break on Wednesday night.

100% this

Really hope Battle can make that position his
I got shitcanned for this last time, but if Highmore can play as an intercepting halfback then why not Batts?
Batts - Doogs - Highmore across the halfback line would chop off just about every kick that came their way and force the oppo into running the ball. Forcing the oppo into slower scoring, more possessions per i50 and a hellova lot harder to exit their D50.
We'd lose ground level agility, but it's not a 1v1 game any more.

I got shitcanned for this last time, but if Highmore can play as an intercepting halfback then why not Batts?
Batts - Doogs - Highmore across the halfback line would chop off just about every kick that came their way and force the oppo into running the ball. Forcing the oppo into slower scoring, more possessions per i50 and a hellova lot harder to exit their D50.
We'd lose ground level agility, but it's not a 1v1 game any more.
Just because we've got enough of those types, we don't really need another.

We need another genuine key defender.

Just because we've got enough of those types, we don't really need another.

We need another genuine key defender.
I'm hoping the new Oscar will fill the FB roll in time.
It's more that having 3 large gun interceptors could provide a strategic advantage if used properly, and not forcing Batts into a KPP roll where's he's destined to be pushed out from. Not this year, but the next or the one after..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back