List Mgmt. National & Rookie Draft 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, thought you might like to have this resource on your board (scuse the intrusion!) – mods might like to sticky it so it's visible at the top of the thread

Chef Ratts

Cancelled
Sep 6, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
happy with the draft … but do feel a bit nervous about over looking local lads Sinn and Hobbs. Also NWM looks very outside type but happy to be proven wrong.
NGA and cat B boys are a bonus .
Oscar Adam’s looks a genuine Key back size that can take the monster forward hopefully in time.
We have covered most areas on the ground if you include Sharman and Heath from mid season draft.
Yeah let's hope the Wang over Sinn doesn't become the next you know who over you know who and you know who over you know who 🤪

malevu

Club Legend
Nov 1, 2013
Animal Enclosure
AFL Club
St Kilda
Membrey lol, about as indigenous as Cameron Ling

Membrey's dad.
images (2).jpeg

Straight outa high school and bathing in 80 grand. Not bad.
I might be wrong, it might be for national draftees. Either way I know they are paid well for their age.

Sep 28, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Great few days for the club.
Kudos to Bassat and Finnis for the financials.
Kudos to Satan, Gags, Libba and his team for the great draft and rookie haul.
Special Kudos for doing all of this and keeping our Draft options clean for 2022.

I haven’t been this upbeat about us for a decade.
Feels sweet.
Hmmmmm 😎

Dec 4, 2000
The Bay
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
NO Saints LUFC
Special Kudos for doing all of this and keeping our Draft options clean for 2022.

Feels sweet.
Hmmmmm 😎

Watch GT come along and throw a spanner in the works.

Feels sweet.
Hmmmmm 😎
Good to hear buddy
It’s funny how our footy club means so much to us and the joy it brings when things are going good

Apr 24, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
John Peter-budge, only played 50 or so games before he got done by a pretty bad injury, by all reports could play the game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Played 45 games by the time he was 19 but did his back. Richmond drafted him after he’d been out of the system for a few years but he didnt play for them.
He was a very good player, loads of talent and very classy. I enjoyed watching him. Shame he didn’t have a longer career. I hope he’s doing well.

Sep 27, 2012
Behind You
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Phoenix Suns
So where does this leave us in regards to the mid season draft?
Have 2 rookie spots vacant by my count.
Reckon we will sign someone in Pre-Season period then save a spot for Mid Season draft

Weve actually got good balance now its probably more that our most dynamic mid is perennially injured. In reality were not likely challenging for a flag in earnest this year or next but the only "hole" in 2-3 years will be ruck depth and we can always trade for that if its a problem. Just need the kids to come on as we would hope and expect.

This is where I have an issue. Holes aren't known until players develop. It looks good so far but we thought we were a few patched holes of challenging under Richo at times.

moirae42

Club Legend
Oct 5, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
Played 45 games by the time he was 19 but did his back. Richmond drafted him after he’d been out of the system for a few years but he didnt play for them.
He was a very good player, loads of talent and very classy. I enjoyed watching him. Shame he didn’t have a longer career. I hope he’s doing well.
JPB was a deadset gun. Played from 1986-1988. Three seasons, 45 games.
Recruited from Beverley Hills where he stood on everyones heads taking screamers every week as a junior. He was a freak junior.
He played Teal Cup also while attached to us.

Quite honestly if he was around in the system of today he would have been a top five draft pick. Absolutely gifted footballer but was played in the seniors when he was no where near ready. His listed playing weight was 70kgs or so at six feet tall. Good luck with that in the eightees.

If you go to the 1min, 50 second mark here of the Winmar reel...3 mins, 14 secs also.

That is pretty much it for JPB.

John Peter-budge, only played 50 or so games before he got done by a pretty bad injury, by all reports could play the game.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Someone used to have the John Peter Budge Fan name on here or SS. I'm not that good with ex players pre 1990s but that's very cool to have that link.

Yeah let's hope the Wang over Sinn doesn't become the next you know who over you know who and you know who over you know who 🤪

Hobbs looks like he could be a gun IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back