News National Trust tackles Richmond on grandstand demolition

Remove this Banner Ad

Tackle Bag

Club Legend
Dec 5, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
That line about saving bricks to be re used in the new paths sounds familiar. I’m still waiting to see my paver installed from the last time they promised something similar πŸ˜‚.

I do like the look of this new stand. That’s the type of design that should have been built when they knocked over the old rooms.

tora tora tora

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Step two in Benny's goal of a 45k capacity stadium for AFLW Finals and RFC Mens home games for interstate clubs
Great idea. But maybe not all interstate teams Just play West Coast and Port Adelaide games there. Then watch twitter melt down

mauricerioli

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
That line about saving bricks to be re used in the new paths sounds familiar. I’m still waiting to see my paver installed from the last time they promised something similar πŸ˜‚.

I do like the look of this new stand. That’s the type of design that should have been built when they knocked over the old rooms.
Have you had a look out the back of the
new facility they built? There’s a heap of plaques with peoples names on them, or did they just forget yours?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Infamy

πŸ―πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks great. Totally thought they were going to build a second training facility.

the underground parking is a great idea. another revenue stream added to the books
I imagine the car park will only be big enough for players and staff, can't imagine it being open to the public

Infamy

πŸ―πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
I understand that the carpark could have the ability to take disability access patrons to the G on match day.

Haere Ra
I don't mind that idea, but I'd have hoped the MCG had enough capacity for this already rather than needing to get from Punt Road Oval to the G

Sir_Loin

πŸ†πŸ†πŸ†
Oct 20, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I imagine the car park will only be big enough for players and staff, can't imagine it being open to the public
yeah probably. I think I was thinking of their car park plans when the Richmond precinct redevelopment was a possibility. I thought it was a good opportunity

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad