National U/18 Champs: Official Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Hawks2008
Goalden Hawk,

Just wondering what did you think of James Quinton, herrington and Ben Jolleys carnivals?

I was surprised to see that Dale May was dropped for the last game, he wears his heart on his sleeve and no wonder he was crying before the game.

Good to see that Footy is still at its strongest in Victoria.

imagine if Victoria merged its Country and Metro teams together! GO THE BIG V!

Granted the Vics are very good and putting together one side would be awesome, but then some good players would miss out.

BUT DON"T FORGET it is played in Victoria every year. Come to WA on our big grounds, hard grounds and you might see some different results every now and then!

Originally posted by footyman

And 1997 was just as good - Brad Ottens ahead of players such as Luke Power, Chris Tarrant, Jason Saddington.
you fool.and if we didnt pick up ottens youd be saying the samething about us in regards to pavlich.besides apart from power i wouldnt be crowing too much about tarrant and saddington:rolleyes:

cheers!

GOALden Hawk
GoldenHawk , I was re-reading your notes when looking for info on how Adam Prior went. I think this was a very interesting paragraph you have typed right here.

"Clarke ended with 6 goals straight - not bad for an onballer! Adam Prior went OK around the ground, but it was really a one man band. For Tassie Justin Sherman had an excellent game on the ball, whilst Darren Crawford (no relation) was again a livewire up forward, kicking 3.4. I was also impressed with Nathan O'Donoghue's game in the ruck, thought he had the better of Earl Shaw."

1, Ed Clarke impressed me in the 2nd game but he must he some real potential to kick six -were they all 70 M type goals50+20 or did he kick a few while resting up forward.I recken this kid could be good underneath a top ruckman.

2,Adam Prior , Reading an article wrtten about a good performance he had in April in which he kicked 7 goals and had 21 marks against Western Jets, Xavier Tanner was confident that he would be drafted.What do you think?.You mentioned him going around the ground , do you see him developing into a Cam Ling type or is he more a Locket FF.It as had him as 190/93 but other info on the board had him as 188/94, do you know his actual current size.

3, I'd heard such good things about Sherman but he showed nothing the game I saw him.What type of player is he really , opitunist forward? outside mid?

4, Earl Shaw did some stuff that took my eye against Qld , so the Nathan O'Donoghue must have played well.I noticed there is a Mathew O'Donoghue are they twins? At around 193 Nathan must have a good spring to Shaw at 198.Is he normally a ruck or is he more a forward making do on the ball?

tiger of old said:
you fool.and if we didnt pick up ottens youd be saying the samething about us in regards to pavlich.besides apart from power i wouldnt be crowing too much about tarrant and saddington:rolleyes:

cheers!
I'm happy to crow about Tarrant

Remove this Banner Ad

Back