National Wrestling Alliance (On Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving it. First time this century I am watching wrestling again.

Ditto.

It will be interesting to see if they can build on the whole concept. The point of the old studio wrestling shows was to give you a tease so you would show up at the arenas to see "the big matches". It worked beautifully - every regional promotion had a circuit, had a huge number of towns and cities they would run regularly. Jim Cornette's Midnight Express Scrapbook gives amazing insight into how the territories worked. Being obsessive compulsive, he kept records of nearly every card they worked including what the gate was. From that, you can get a rough estimate of the crowds. They worked in three major promotions - Mid South Wrestling, World Class Championship Wrestling and Jim Crockett Promotions.

In the smaller towns (and they were running some total backwaters) the crowds could be anywhere from 500 to 2,000. But they would run big arenas in the big cities - often five figure attendances and particularly hot feuds (such as Bill Watts' Last Stampede) saw sell out after sell out. The WWF, Crockett, WCWW, AWA and Mid South all pulled crowds greater than 20,000 in 1985-6 on the basis of this model.

So it would be great if they do get to the point where they can start a regular touring circuit.

i need to watch the recent episode on YouTube. Gosh there is so much Wrestling on this week. WWE raw is on Monday, NWA is on Tuesday. AEW and NXT is on Wednesday, WWE smackdown is on friday

Pretty sure AJPW had a good card on this evening. I'm told monthly subscription is 900 yen. Might invest.

Ditto.

It will be interesting to see if they can build on the whole concept. The point of the old studio wrestling shows was to give you a tease so you would show up at the arenas to see "the big matches". It worked beautifully - every regional promotion had a circuit, had a huge number of towns and cities they would run regularly. Jim Cornette's Midnight Express Scrapbook gives amazing insight into how the territories worked. Being obsessive compulsive, he kept records of nearly every card they worked including what the gate was. From that, you can get a rough estimate of the crowds. They worked in three major promotions - Mid South Wrestling, World Class Championship Wrestling and Jim Crockett Promotions.

In the smaller towns (and they were running some total backwaters) the crowds could be anywhere from 500 to 2,000. But they would run big arenas in the big cities - often five figure attendances and particularly hot feuds (such as Bill Watts' Last Stampede) saw sell out after sell out. The WWF, Crockett, WCWW, AWA and Mid South all pulled crowds greater than 20,000 in 1985-6 on the basis of this model.

So it would be great if they do get to the point where they can start a regular touring circuit.

That book sounds like something I'd like to read. For sure re. studio shows - can see it is working towards the Dec PPV at this point. Wonder what sort of sales they'll achieve.

Um how much is 900 japanese yen in Aussie dollars?

$12. Bit the bullet and subscribed tonight. Been watching Champion Carnival championship card from April. Will watch tonight's card tomorrow. People who are enjoying the NWA will enjoy it - no bullshit, hard wrestling with no carry on to attract a young crowd ala WWE.

I dont mind this bloke. yeah he only has 19 thousand subscribers.

He usually complains about WWEs product in the last few years.

Not a bad clip. But Skip to the 10 minute 5 second mark. Theres a bloody big reason why......

What he said. And I respect his opinion on this.

A person asks is the NWA Powerr show the best weekly wrestling show going today?

the bloke responded......For his personal taste, his purposes and for what He likes in Wrestling, NWA is the undisputed best weekly wrestling show and Its not even close. Well that is a Bloody big call. I wont bash him or Praise him. I respect his opinion. If the NWA is something he likes and that is his taste, then fair enough.

Some watch WWE, Some like NWA, Some like AEW, Some like Impact wrestling, Some Like Ring of Honour, some New Japan pro wrestling, some like All Japan Pro wrestling, some like Pro Wrestling Noah some like AAA or CMLL. Others like Multiple feds.

Yeah I'll have a look I've seen a few of his interviews. Is it him.. I think his book is really hard to get ahold of? Could be someone else.

Texas is so interesting.

If you haven't. Have a listen to the WCCW series by the Lapsed Fan on podcasts. Two blokes who love taking the piss but you do get a really comprehensive story of everything that happened.

Hard to imagine now, but at one point Texas had five - that is, FIVE - separate promotions. Houston, San Antonio, Amarillo, Dallas, and El Paso.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m looking forward to this more and more every week.

Thunder Rosa is perfect without the drum beat.

Eli Drake is an amazing promo.

The question mark is a fun comedy character that doesn’t s**t on the wrestling business (a la Orange Cassidy)

Would like to see some matches start to get added to the PPV now.

The wrestlers look like people I would not want to get mad if I saw them at a bar.

I know it’s too late for AEW but it also shows the benefit of a one hour show. The thinness of the roster definitely doesn’t show when you only have an hour to juggle different appearances each week.

I watch it on Thursdays so tonight is wrestling night at Casa Brookes.

One thing I've noticed is they're fixing up little things that needed to fixed up as they go. I really didn't like the lack of real ring introductions but in last week's episode, they started announcing home towns and weights (although the announcer mucked it up a few times). I also loved that all of the tags were legitimate tags - no more back tags.

The fact they are paying attention to the little things that DO matter when presenting pro-wrestling give me hope that it will continue to grow.

I watch it on Thursdays so tonight is wrestling night at Casa Brookes.

One thing I've noticed is they're fixing up little things that needed to fixed up as they go. I really didn't like the lack of real ring introductions but in last week's episode, they started announcing home towns and weights (although the announcer mucked it up a few times). I also loved that all of the tags were legitimate tags - no more back tags.

The fact they are paying attention to the little things that DO matter when presenting pro-wrestling give me hope that it will continue to grow.

Interesting on some of the things you've picked up on as I am certain to date all episodes have been recorded in one day. Reckon they may have had more than one studio taping? Tennessee man loves that dead centre seat. Hope they really give Murdoch a push - he's a real wrestler to me. Need more talent like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back