National Wrestling Alliance (On Triller TV)

Remove this Banner Ad

Who else thinks The Wild Cards suck? Got this WWE vibe about them. I want heels who look like heels did in the 1980s and 1970s.
In saying so, as much as I enjoy the Rock n Roll Express, there's no way they should have won (and I know it's just setting up the PPV).
I think for the next series they need to get some more talent on the roster. Tough given the niche market the NWA attracts and cost associated with same, but one can only hope.

looks like they're doing a women's only series

Hard times PPV coming up this week friday night (saturday for us)

Card looks ok could get a lot of ROH cross over here.

A few interesting decisions with Hard Times; especially as it's only a month since the last NWA PPV.
  • One night Tournaments typically don't draw on PPV (see King of The Ring) because fans don't know what half the card will be and the 2nd/3rd matches of the night from competitors normally suffers due to wrestlers having different matches.
  • Scott Steiner challenging for the NWA National Championship--- even using Steiner Math; it's a weird decision to be putting a 57-year old into a singles title match
  • Nick Aldis isn't defending the NWA World Championship
  • The PPV is on at the same night as Smackdown and during a WWE Big 4 PPV weekend. As a wrestling fan am I more likely to spend $9.99 to watch both 'When Worlds Collide' & The Royal Rumble or $19.99 for Hard Times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few interesting decisions with Hard Times; especially as it's only a month since the last NWA PPV.
  • One night Tournaments typically don't draw on PPV (see King of The Ring) because fans don't know what half the card will be and the 2nd/3rd matches of the night from competitors normally suffers due to wrestlers having different matches.
  • Scott Steiner challenging for the NWA National Championship--- even using Steiner Math; it's a weird decision to be putting a 57-year old into a singles title match
  • Nick Aldis isn't defending the NWA World Championship
  • The PPV is on at the same night as Smackdown and during a WWE Big 4 PPV weekend. As a wrestling fan am I more likely to spend $9.99 to watch both 'When Worlds Collide' & The Royal Rumble or $19.99 for Hard Times.

could spring for both if you have enough FITE credits to cover the Hard Times show

could spring for both if you have enough FITE credits to cover the Hard Times show

True

I just feel IMO it would've been better kept for another weekend when the WWE wasn't already producing another 7+ extra hours of wrestling content ON TOP of what is already available weekly. There's only so many hours a fan can dedicate to wrestling in a week.

I completely understand that-- but this is one of 4 weekends of the year that the WWE do back-to-back PPV quality shows.

It's a show that I'd consider checking out in other circumstances; but there's just too much on this weekend wrestling wise already. I know I'm only one fan-- but I can't imagine I'm the only one who would think this way and decide not to order Hard Times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back