Votes: 73 59.8%
  • Defender

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • Wing

Votes: 6 4.9%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Let’s look at the other premiership contenders:

1. Port - I’d rather Naughton on Dixon. Bruce and English should be able to compete with aliir. Dixon is a bigger threat than aliir IMO.

2. Melbourne - I’d rather him forward. May and lever are bigger threats than mcdonald, brown or Jackson (Jackson is looking goooooood tho).

3. Geelong - I’d rather him on cameron. He’s a bigger threat than Henderson, Kolodjashnij or Stewart.

4. Richmond - I’d rather him on lynch. He’s a bigger threat than Balta. That’s marginal though.

5. West coast - tough one like Richmond. McGovern is their biggest threat, but kennedy and darling gave our defenders a fair kick in the balls in Round 2.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The great thing about the internet is everyone is entitled to their opinion, no matter how wrong they are :p

Oliver Gigacz

Not sure if you take requests but here goes:

Any chance you could find Naughton's career shot accuracy and tell me how far it is below the league average?

My suspicion is that it's below average but not dreadful.
62goals, 49 Behinds.

Its been underpar this season but on goals vs behinds it seems reasonably fine.

Career (2018-2021)

Naughton: 49.6% (125 shots, 62 goals, 49 behinds, 14 no score)
League: 46.9%

Ranked 39/69 for players with 100+ shots.

Naughton: 40.6% (32 shots, 13 goals, 15 behinds, 4 no score)
League: 47.1%

Ranked 23/25 for players with 20+ shots.

Last edited:

Career (2018-2021)

Naughton: 49.6% (125 shots, 62 goals, 49 behinds, 14 no score)
League: 46.9%

Ranked 39/69 for players with 100+ shots.

Naughton: 40.6% (32 shots, 13 goals, 15 behinds, 4 no score)
League: 47.1%

Ranked 23/25 for players with 20+ shots.

Ouch. Really needs a 4 straight type of game to fix that up

The issue is the ones 20 metres or so out. If he kicked even half of those easy misses this year we are probably having a different conversation.

I get extremely frustrated by his misses, he still lacks some forward nous, but he’s still currently amongst the best forwards in the league.

Starting to put together a helluva season, multiple goals in every game is a great return, plus averaging 13 disposals, 7 marks and nearly 5 scoring shots a week it’s super impressive even if he was in his prime, he’s somehow managed to find a consistency in his game that very few have who play his position. And he’s done that at 21yo. He’s on track for 60 goals this year and I honestly think his game is still trending upwards at the moment. There’s further for it to go, Saturday night was close but I still don’t think he’s torn a game apart yet and he will, probably multiple times before the seasons done. You can literally see his confidence growing and his game getting better every single week.

Starting to put together a helluva season, multiple goals in every game is a great return, plus averaging 13 disposals, 7 marks and nearly 5 scoring shots a week it’s super impressive even if he was in his prime, he’s somehow managed to find a consistency in his game that very few have who play his position. And he’s done that at 21yo. He’s on track for 60 goals this year and I honestly think his game is still trending upwards at the moment. There’s further for it to go, Saturday night was close but I still don’t think he’s torn a game apart yet and he will, probably multiple times before the seasons done. You can literally see his confidence growing and his game getting better every single week.

He learns new tricks every week. If he gets a couple early in a game he might go ballistic

Thing I love about watching Naughton is we are literally watching his game grow from being a defender being played out of position into a gun forward. we are watching him learn things, we are seeing the reward for effort hes putting in off the field. his set shots are improving I feel even if they still can be wayward. Now he needs to practice snaps etc. What he provides us in terms of 2nd and 3rd effort at ground level is borderline best in the comp, as well as being a bona fide aerial gun. No doubt in my mind where he needs to be for the rest of his career

1st for marks inside 50,
2nd for contested marks (Equal 1st for contested marks by KPF's)
2nd for Score Involvements by KPF's
Equal 5th for Goals, 3rd for Behinds

If he stopped hitting the post he would be in the rolling AA team right now.

This thread needs to be nuked. It is over.

If we have 2 generational talents in this era Bontempelli will be one of them. This bloke will be the other.

1st for marks inside 50,
2nd for contested marks (Equal 1st for contested marks by KPF's)
2nd for Score Involvements by KPF's
Equal 5th for Goals, 3rd for Behinds

If he stopped hitting the post he would be in the rolling AA team right now.

This thread needs to be nuked. It is over.

If we have 2 generational talents in this era Bontempelli will be one of them. This bloke will be the other.
And the fact that Bailey Smith is described as a future Brownlow medalist, coupled with a number 1 pick in Jamarra Ugle-Hagan. Good time to be a Dogs supporter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The current setup is working very well.

Schache's performances this year haven't helped the argument to swing him back, Marra still not ready. Gardner has improved to point where I'd rather him in the side than Schache up forward. Just.

I shudder at the thought of Keath going down, but even if he did now you'd be loath to move Naughts back now as he's pretty entrenched.

When you have the best marking contested player in the league and you have more inside 50’s than any other side, you put him forward for more opportunities.

I seriously can’t think of a 21year old Key position forward dominate the air as good as Naughton. Wayne Carey / Richardson possibly ?

Regarding Naughton’s kicking and those who don’t believe practice can improve his accuracy.... I’ve included the title of the article because it makes me very happy 😃:

The best player Carlton have ever drafted plays for another club.
The Age, Jake Niall

....Kennedy’s accuracy is simply a matter of practice. West Coast people attest to the fact he rehearses his goalkicking at every opportunity - trying hook-shots, bananas and conventional shots from a distance.

He’s known for seeking the permission of the fitness staffers - who sometimes impose limits on goalkicking - to take more shots at goal at training......

Back