Strategy Naughton should be our number 1 key forward

Where should Naughty prosper?

• Forward

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Back

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember watching his draft videos and thinking no way. I was quite unhappy on draft night. I didn’t want this key defender (I thought we were set with Cordy, Young, Adams, Roberts etc.) who had one of the worst kicking actions I’ve ever seen.

Boy was that wrong.
Yep Ill admit I was the same, just could not see the need for him at all at the time. God im glad i was wrong. Absolute weapon

Yep Ill admit I was the same, just could not see the need for him at all at the time. God im glad i was wrong. Absolute weapon
Ditto. I certainly didn't see any flexibility in being able to go forward and was very worried about his kicking.

Boyd was 19 when we signed him 6m over 7. Think naughton deserves that kinda cash?
Boyd's circumstances were a little different - a no 1 draft pick 12 months ago being lured to an absolute basket case.

Naughton should be offered a substantial contract though. At worst he becomes our no KPD for a decade. At best he finally becomes that KPF we've been crying out for since Chris Grant / 15 PMs ago.

How good could our team look if by some miracle Big Tom Boyd could become the KPF that we took him on for.
Him and Naught could be Twin Towers up forward.
Convert Schache to the intercept marking defender. He has the tank and the physicality is coming along. And finally the flexibility that Bevo longs for to be able to swing the chess pieces around

How good could our team look if by some miracle Big Tom Boyd could become the KPF that we took him on for.
Convert Schache to the intercept marking defender. He has the tank and the physicality is coming along. And finally the flexibility that Bevo longs for to be able to swing the chess pieces around

Schache is a much better forward than Boyd. Boyd is VFL quality.

Would mean Boyd and Schach forward and Naughton back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been wondering what Naughtys tank is like and I found his draft combine results from draft year. Was equal 3rd in the yo-yo test with 21.8 so I think its actually pretty good. Also didnt realise he was top 6 in the agility with 8.22, for comparison I believe hunter topped his draft year with a flat 8 seconds. That is bloody impressive for a 196cm bloke whose going to be a massive unit, you can tell when watching him he hasnt lost any of that agility either. 3.09 second 20m which is pretty good too. He's seriously good athletically.

Been wondering what Naughtys tank is like and I found his draft combine results from draft year. Was equal 3rd in the yo-yo test with 21.8 so I think its actually pretty good. Also didnt realise he was top 6 in the agility with 8.22, for comparison I believe hunter topped his draft year with a flat 8 seconds. That is bloody impressive for a 196cm bloke whose going to be a massive unit, you can tell when watching him he hasnt lost any of that agility either. 3.09 second 20m which is pretty good too. He's seriously good athletically.
You can see these traits in the way he plays as a forward.
His ability to get to marking contests - impact in the air - then recover to contest the ground ball is his greatest asset as a forward.

I've been trying to figure out who he reminds me of most as a forward and it just clicked - Jarryd Roughead.

You can see these traits in the way he plays as a forward.
His ability to get to marking contests - impact in the air - then recover to contest the ground ball is his greatest asset as a forward.

I've been trying to figure out who he reminds me of most as a forward and it just clicked - Jarryd Roughead.
Yeah ive been trying to think of a comparison myself and Roughys crossed my mind. I dont think there is a perfect comparison for him though to be honest, not sure theres many going around that have all of his attributes. Which is why hes so exciting.

Back