Where should Naughty prosper?

• Forward

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Back

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
David Neitz
Alistair Lynch
Are 2 players who began life as key defenders and ended up kicking over 600 goals

A KPD may save you the occasional game a KPF can win you many

Naughton has natural forward instincts. I hope now he is allowed to develop forward
Don't forget Fraser Gehrig who was a FB at WCE then a FF at the saints.

Oct 19, 2012
Minas Morgul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For all the failed switches that Bev has implemented (Wood and JJ forward + any undersized ruck) its basically been worth it just so we could try this kid forward.

Thus far he is equal 4th for inside 50 marks (bare in mind how many huge marks he has taken in the arcs) and he is 2nd for contested marks in the comp.
He’s also on track to kick 40 goals for the season.

He’s achieved all this with very little KPF help from others and he barely spent one training session forward in his entire career. And he’s not even 20 yet.

His move forward has been a roaring success. There isn’t any other way to describe it.

Big call but his first 25 games have been so good that I’d consider it better than Bontempelli’s first 25 games. In 2 different positions. That’s how good he is.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
For all the failed switches that Bev has implemented (Wood and JJ forward + any undersized ruck) its basically been worth it just so we could try this kid forward.

Thus far he is equal 4th for inside 50 marks (being in mind how many huge marks he has taken in the arcs) and he is 2nd for contested marks in the comp.
He’s also on track to kick 40 goals for the season.

He’s achieved all this with very little KPF help from others and he barely spent one training session forward in his entire career. And he’s not even 20 yet.

His move forward has been a roaring success. There isn’t any other way to describe it.

Big call but his first 25 games have been so good that I’d consider it better than Bontempelli’s first 25 games. In 2 different positions. That’s how good he is.

But he’s a backman! #travesty

BrisDog

Premiership Player
Dec 13, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t disagree with the above, however remember when Bont did this 8 games into his first season...

Royal Commission into the AFL for not awarding that Goal of the Year. That was honestly one of the greatest goals I've ever seen, let alone just in that season
True! It was RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME - almost ... I was right in line with the kick as it went through and after the magical work by the Bont to evade a horde of Melb defenders to kick it, it was just awesome

So is the lid officially off?

You've inspired me to dust this old relic off and give it a refresh in keeping with the times.

lid.jpg

gangsta deluxe

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 14, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Rajasthan Royals!!!
You've inspired me to dust this old relic off and give it a refresh in keeping with the times.

View attachment 673667

Halley’s comet isn’t beyond Kuiper Belt Objects, it doesn’t even go past Jupiter. And besides, Naughton has no fear of the interstellar wind and has progressed well beyond the Oort Cloud.

Substance

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 6, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was just thinking that there isn't a single player in the comp I'd trade him for. Am I crazy? Is he not there yet? Might he still not become a great key forward? Who would we take in his place?

Braybrook Son

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 4, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I was just thinking that there isn't a single player in the comp I'd trade him for. Am I crazy? Is he not there yet? Might he still not become a great key forward? Who would we take in his place?
We’ve got a bloke who is the best key position player since Chris Grant. No way we trade him for anyone!

Halley’s comet isn’t beyond Kuiper Belt Objects, it doesn’t even go past Jupiter. And besides, Naughton has no fear of the interstellar wind and has progressed well beyond the Oort Cloud.

HalfAnguishedHoopoe-size_restricted.gif

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Am I the only old time dogs supporter thinking this whole dominant key forward thing is some horrible trick that is being played on us somehow that cant possibly be real?

Wouldn't hurt to get a story in the paper about how we're concerned about the amount of holding and blocking that goes on against Naughton, just to keep the umpires focussed.

We won't say anything about Gowers' role though, OK?

Back