Portfolio NBA 2020 - A Freight Train Folio

Remove this Banner Ad

zUweXju.png

Simple stuff - going to take the modern day NBA and redesign, rebrand and/or relocate teams.

Enjoy.

kNSdmoH.jpg

Atlanta Hawks

Keeping the current "vibe" of the ATL aesthetic with the red, bright yellow and black combo with the geometric patterns, my rebrand of their three primary jerseys is a throwback to the 80's Hawks jerseys. For the City and Earned designs, I've reworked their current City jersey and done a West Coast Eagles-esque wings design with the ATL wordmark - the colouring of the City a reference to Coca Cola and the Earned a reference to when the Hawks wore blue and green. The throwback is the 90's road jersey.

Those who qualified for the previous seasons playoffs "earn" that extra jersey.

This, but I’ll be making an Earned concept for every team for this folio because I can’t be bothered picking which team does and doesn’t get it.

Also Andonis1997 typically the Earned jersey is an alternate colour way of the City jersey.

in hindsight i should clarify I’m referring to partying like it’s 1999, not purple rain - although both are appropriate.

47462606551_eaeec2ea0c_o.jpg

Boston Celtics

The Celtics have one of the most iconic looks in sporting history - it's almost impossible to go and change that. The main pride I can take is with the City/Earned design, which features the colour scheme I originally wanted to use for the Celtics but felt it worked better as a secondary design with a "celtic" green and creamy off-white - similar vibes to the Australian test cricket team with a shamrock plastered across the middle. The throwback is from the 1960s.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

47462605981_1a18304957_o.jpg

Brooklyn Nets

Not much to change with the Nets aside from using the sidepanel motifs of the previous City jersey, representing the arches of the Brooklyn Bridge. The City jersey shows the subway lines that run to the Barclays Centre and the Earned jersey is the colours of the Brooklyn borough. For the throwback, the Nets will wear the classic 70s design.

Last edited:
How good is the subway themed design, the whole thing just works. The bridge jerseys go all right as well, these all have so much more personality to them than their real life counterparts.

are there gonna be any expansion teams like Seattle, Vancouver, Montreal, St. Louis, Louisville, Kansas City, Los Vegas and San Diego are all considered front runners for expansion

are there gonna be any expansion teams like Seattle, Vancouver, Montreal, St. Louis, Louisville, Kansas City, Los Vegas and San Diego are all considered front runners for expansion

Originally yes I was going to include a new expansion for each division but decided to wind it back to just existing teams with a few relocations.

47462605331_2e2dfc90f1_o.jpg

Charlotte Hornets

Wearing the Jordan brand due to the club's owner being MJ himself, the Hornets now wear more vibrant shades of teal and purple/indigo, making the uniforms pop more with a gradient hive design running down the sides. Charlotte is known as the Queen City so for the City and Earned editions, the team will wear a crown as the centrepiece of their jerseys with a hive watermark design. The throwback design is the original and probably most iconic jersey in the franchise's history.

Last edited:

Brooklyn Nets

Not much to change with the Nets aside from using the sidepanel motifs of the previous City jersey, representing the arches of the Brooklyn Bridge. The City jersey shows the subway lines that run to the Barclays Centre and the Earned jersey is the colours of the Brooklyn borough. For the throwback, the Nets will wear the classic 70s design.
This set made me Brooklyn NUT

Brooklyn Nets

The earned Jersey is great, i especially like the circled number design.

47605982871_48a43bab37_o.jpg

Chicago Bulls

The other franchise in the Jordan branding due to of course his prolific career with the Bulls - Chicago have gone retro bringing back the wordmark design last seen as a primary uniform during MJ's rookie season, with the traditional colour ways. The City and Earned jerseys take from the state's flag, and the throwback is the classic 90's Bulls design where they won six NBA Championships.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back