NBA 2021/22 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

the good thing for Atlanta for me is Trae Young can have a quite night , and with their depth other players can still step up and the Hawks can be competitive on any night.

But compare that to a team like Dallas where if Doncic has a spell of 4-5 minutes where he is quite- their backup players it seems are not good enough to even at least break even with most opponents.

Another thing as an outside note, it looks like OKC and Josh Giddey's team are going to be in for a long season- given they were smashed by Houston by a fair margin last night.

3 Same Game parlays for me on Saturday night basketball in the US:

1. Miami Heat -4.5 line, Myles Turner 13+ Points and Butler 8+ Rebounds . Odds 10.50
2. McCollum 4+ Threes, Lillard 30+ Pts , Paul 9+ Assists. Odds 10

I expect a high tempo game for Miami v Pacers. Both teams have scored so far at least 120 points a game each.

Last edited:

That's some of the dangers with NBA games. I had Lillard for 30+ pts.

It's being able to predict games whereby they aren't blowouts. Portland rested Lillard midway through 3rd quarter when the game was sewn up.

It's a common thing too.

In games where blowouts are predicted, its always worth looking at the unders on key players.

celtics -5.5 is a laugh. they were horrible last game but no way they dont bounce back against a rebuilding houston team. wont touch them again for a while if they dont cover this

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another thing I think I have learnt betting on the NBA (in the past few seasons) especially is when margins are > 20 pts in the middle of the 3rd quarter, more than likely the team leading will look to rest players- and in most cases coaches will be unlikely to play them again. (id say around 90% of games) If a team happens to be pegged back to a single digit lead- thats when coaches will bring their superstars back on.

Players on that list I reckon in 2021-22 who will be likely rested for the rest of a game if their teams get big leads:

Anthony Davis
LeBron
Lillard
Trae Young
Giannis

In fact any NBA player on the schedule its about ' man management'. There will be many blow outs this season. Bucks were involved in a heavy loss against Miami the other day, and Giannis didn't play again midway through the 3rd when the Bucks were 33 down.

Often picking or placing bets on these prop bets you have to look into whether a team is likely to get a blow out. As a large margin of >20 means more than likely- superstars from both sides will get rested.

I mean it makes sense as well, especially if you a have gruelling 82 game season.

Anyway speaking of large margins- 6 games on the slate tomorrow on Sunday:

With prop bets - the best chances for the superstar players to cover is in marquee games or games where its expected to be close.

Lines for 24/10/21:

Hornets +8.5 pts $1.90 v $1.90 Nets -8.5 pts
76ers -8.5 pts $1.90 v $1.90 OKC +8.5 pts
Knicks -12.5 pts $1.90 v $1.90 Magic +12.5 pts
Celtics -5.5 pts $1.90 v $1.90 Rockets +5.5 pts
Warriors -3.5 pts $1.93 v $1.87 Kings +3.5 pts
Lakers -5.5 pts $1.89 v $1.91 Memphis +5.5 pts

i like the look of Nets -8.5 pts , 76ers -8.5 pts tomorrow. I have a weird feeling both of those games could be blow outs. OKC would have been demoralized after their blowout by Houston.

The line for points on Durant is currently 29.5 pts at Sportsbet

Also Sportsbet if your reading this , please give us better odds for First Basket odds.

eg

Philadelphia v OKC
1635066135515.png

No one should be taking any of those odds on Sportbet for First Basket- those odds are criminal.

2 Same Game Parlays for me today :

1. Pacers Win, Sabonis 25+ Points, Brogdon 3+ Threes @ 13.50 with the boost
2. McCollum 30+ Points, Nurkic 11+ Rebounds , Bledsoe 2+ Threes @ 17.50

impressed with the Pacers and Sabonis seemed to dominate against the Heat the other night

Lillard has been struggling a bit this season and McCollum seems like the go to guy for the time being.

Had Charlotte +6.5 PYOL v Boston in my multi today. Hornets played them well, forced overtime. Then got smacked by 11 in OT FML. Naturally was the only leg of the multi that missed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back