NBA 2K13

Remove this Banner Ad

Nothing better than hitting up Ray Allen for a corner three with some deft moves from Muggsy Bouges.

Larry Johnson is pretty darn good as well, goes nuts in transition.

Got Robert Pack in a booster. He's fun to play with. Quick and can dunk. Comes off the bench for Magic.

Just need to land some quality talls. Picked up JaVale McGee as he was cheap, so that's a start. Beats having Biedrins.

Unless you can download one which was created by a user with the new players/trades, I doubt there'd be an official release before 2k14.

In saying that I started a new Assoc. and tanked hard with my Kings. Ended up with the #1 pick and I took McLemore (actually highest rated of the draft, or at least equal with Noel)
I figured I should be in a bit of a win now mode and then traded Patrick Patterson, 13' 2nd Round and Trail Blazers 14' 1st Round pick to New Orleans for the #4 pick which I then used to draft Noel.

With Reke/McLemore/Cousins/Noel as starting 5 I thought awesome! I had a couple of early 2nd round picks still (from recent trades) and used them Isaiah Thomas to trade up into the 16th Spot as I noticed one player slipped way lower than he should have. With the 16th pick I selected Otto Porter (Bargain!)

Then I managed to trade away Salmons + Toney Douglas + Kings 14' 2nd round pick (To NO for Xavier Henry + 14' 2nd Round Pick) and Jimmer (To GSW for Jefferson and their 14' 2nd Round pick) Leaving me with the below

PG: Tyreke Evans
SG: Ben McLemore
SF: Otto Porter
PF: DeMarcus Cousins
C: Nerlens Noel
6TH: Marcus Thornton
ROLE: Patty Mills
ROLE: Chuck Hayes
ROLE: Elton Brand
Bench: Xavier Henry
Bench: Bob Sacre
Bench: Richard Jefferson
Prospect: Seth Curry

I'm going to leave the lineup as is for the moment but I'm not sure about Reke at PG as I mainly play low post and he doesn't shoot the three very well. Which means when the double Cousins/Noel and I kick it out to the PG the shot isn't the best.

I think I may just have to run the post moves through McLemore who can shoot the three.

oh and I don't care which one it is (2k 10/11/12/13)... God damn I love this game. I can spend hours just trying to fix rosters and not even play a game. Which is why I wish the off court aspect of the game was more in depth like a Football Manager type scenario.

oh and I don't care which one it is (2k 10/11/12/13)... God damn I love this game. I can spend hours just trying to fix rosters and not even play a game. Which is why I wish the off court aspect of the game was more in depth like a Football Manager type scenario.
There is a severe lack of a football manager type game for basketball. I would spend years on one save if there was a game like that.

Playing MyCareer, PG, 6'4, 46 games in, drafted to Sacramento, have been the starting PG for about 30 games now and was the starting SG for about 3-4 games. We have gone 44-2 and are on a 41 game streak :p. Its actually quite good playing for Sac, Evans doesnt miss in the paint, Patterson doesnt miss from mid range, and Cousins get a lot of rebounds. I am currently averaging 54 ppg, 5 rpg, 7 apg and 3 spg. Would be an absolute mile in front in the MVP race. Have just been asked who i would like traded in the team. Asked for Lebron :p and Aaron Affollo (didnt want to ask for to many people due to team balance). Had Salmons starting at the SF position and he was annoying me. Ended up with Affollo for Thornton and James Johnson, very happy with that as Affollo has a good outside game and good perimeter defense. Having a lot of fun with this save tho.

Starting Lineup.

PG - Myplayer
SG - Affollo
SF - Evans
PF - Patterson
C - Cousins

I bit crazy: Just started a new Assoc mode and downloaded the current draft class and unbelievably Noel fell all the way to #27 and was picked up by Philly!! :eek:

I decided to start a new association with the plan to go through the rebuilding phase like the Sixers are. Turned on trade override so I could make the trades to pick up Noel and MCW and a 2014 draft pick.

Lottery went through and I ended up with pick 12. Was planning on waiting to see who would pick up Noel then trade Holiday for him but before that happened I was offered almost the exact trade (Pick 5 and a 2014 pick for Holiday).

Went through until I loaded a 2014 draft roster which was fairly dodgy so I started again and sure enough, I got another offer for Holiday. Then got another first round pick for Turner :D and a 2014 first round pick for Young. Just kept on getting offers. Picked up Oladipo with a late first round pick.

After the 2014 draft I had a lineup of:

MCW
Oladipo
Wiggins
2014 First round PF (Can't recall his name)
Noel

A very fun team to play with :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Career mode as myself, Point guard, All round game. 28,000 career points, 8 championships and like 5 MVP's. Mainly with the Wizards and Beal, Asik and Leonard as my primary running mates.

In the middle of a 48 minute game for shits and gigs to see how many threes I could make...
Nek minnute...Xbox shuts itself down, go to start it back up, red rings of death. Actually beside myself at the moment.

Playing 2k online is so bad... everyone I play against is American and the connection is s**t. I would spend so much more time on MyTEAM if there were more Australians

Just opened 20k worth of packs, got Ed Nealy and Kurt Rambis...

lick my hairy anus

Playing 2k online is so bad... everyone I play against is American and the connection is s**t. I would spend so much more time on MyTEAM if there were more Australians

Speaking of which, is there an online league for BF? I had a quick browse and couldn't see anything but I may be blind. It'd be awesome to not have to deal with nutso American timezones/connections for games.

Speaking of which, is there an online league for BF? I had a quick browse and couldn't see anything but I may be blind. It'd be awesome to not have to deal with nutso American timezones/connections for games.

I'm not sure anyone's every organised one. Also it's hard because we have a very even spread on the system people play on (PC/360/PS3). If everyone was on the same one we'd have plenty of people to be able to play an online assoc.

Yeah havin an online assoc. would be great but we probably don't have enough people :(

This is why I love having the game on PC. Just updated the game with a heap of mods allowing me to basically play NBA 2k14.

Here is an album of Kings vs Pelicans (Bobcats were also changed to Charlotte Hornets) with all the current NBA trades being active and the new rookies on their teams with Cyber faces and all.

Album:

Starting Lineups (I traded JT to the Pelicans at start of season, this is about 2 months in)
KyskPl9h.jpg

The Tip Off
uyoh4ACh.jpg

Telling them where to go
mq9lSfqh.jpg

Jrue running the show
vPKcecOh.jpg

Anthony "Not in my House" Davis
5awV5bQh.jpg

McLemore shoots the three with less than a second left on the clock and Gordon right on him.
4lr9T07h.jpg

Literally a hand in the face by Gordon
llVNYvHh.jpg

Ball in flight
PWLvsLjh.jpg

Couldn't stop it going in though
PgpWrZzh.jpg

Love this game.

nufan (How the hell do you tag people with spaces in their name? Son of Skeletor)
I can't work out how to tag you so I quoted you instead.

Figured you two would like the album.

edit: oh... that tag worked... hmmm... ok then :) Now I know, just type the name and leave it.

Sorry guys, too lazy to research or read through just an easy question.

Love the classic teams as was thinking of buying 2k13, are the classic teams in the game straight up or do you have to unlock/download?

in the game straight up mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back