Multiplat NBA 2K16

Remove this Banner Ad

May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Just bought this on Monday after a random impulse for a basketball game.

Not going to lie, I'm pretty terrible. I'm not really interested in basketball generally speaking, but I really enjoy the MyCareer and GM modes.

Started MyCareer as a SG and got drafted to Dallas. Played so-so through my first year, had a look at Free Agency. I was going to stay at Dallas but I got a bit cheeky and asked for too much in negotiations and ended up taking another deal with OKC.

Went Sacramento for MyGM, wanted a team I could build and potentially relocate. Any tips in regards to the Kings roster? I want to get in some more youth and build around Demarcus Cousins, not really sure who to target and who to trade out though.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards

Not going to lie, I'm pretty terrible. I'm not really interested in basketball generally speaking, but I really enjoy the MyCareer and GM modes.

Started MyCareer as a SG and got drafted to Dallas. Played so-so through my first year, had a look at Free Agency. I was going to stay at Dallas but I got a bit cheeky and asked for too much in negotiations and ended up taking another deal with OKC.

Went Sacramento for MyGM, wanted a team I could build and potentially relocate. Any tips in regards to the Kings roster? I want to get in some more youth and build around Demarcus Cousins, not really sure who to target and who to trade out though.
If Rondo is contracted (not sure if they added in his Free Agency clause, like in real life) then offer him for trade. Always get a decent offer. McLemore and Gay aren't that great, so would be handy for young players at Minnesota and Philly. I'd say target back court (PG and SG) first, as that helps Cousins more.

Target shooters imo

So in other words trade Rondo :p as was said in the previous reply you will get decent offers for him

Kings are probably a decent team to start with, got a few trade chips to work with and Cousins is awesome to build around

May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thanks guys.

Currently Rondo is out of contract at the end of the season, so apparently I can't trade him. I'm a bit concerned about losing him for nothing but I suppose I could always bring in someone else with that money.

I've traded out Darren Collison, I didn't mind him but he was complaining about not getting enough minutes and I wanted to trade out an older player. So I traded Collison, a minor player that is escaping me right now and my 2018 1st round pick for Middleton and Bayless from the Bucks. This has evened my team out a fair bit. Middleton has replaced Bellinelli in the starting 5 and Bayless has been a perfect replacement for Collison.

I'm wanting to find a good replacement for Acy, who I wouldn't mind as a second string option but seems like the weak link in my starting 5. I traded Casspi for Terrence Jones last night, but he hasn't made the starting team yet (I let the AI handle my rotations because wtf do I know?)

Currently my team is looking something like this:

Rondo
Middleton
Cousins
Acy
Gay

Bayless
McClemore
Cauley-Stein
Jones
Bellinelli

Starting to really get on top of teams now in MyGM so probably time to up the difficulty. Gotten really hooked into this game over the last week and I've never really been a basketball fan, but games like this get me interested.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.
try your best to get rid of guys with high salaries. lebron comes doesnt go back to cleveland 9/10 times after the first season and there're usually a few other top players. derozan, whiteside, drummond (although the pistons usually match) are often available. guys like demarre carroll and tyson chandler have some of the worst contracts in the game.

May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I was really close to trading Gay after he stunk it up for the first couple of games, but he's since become one of my most reliable shooters.

I'd really like to trade in someone like a Kyrie Irving. I've also looked a lot at Favors from Utah and the big lanky PF from the Knicks whose name escapes me. Almost brought in Caldwell-Pope for Collison. Had a look at Derozan and some others as well.

Thanks guys.

Currently Rondo is out of contract at the end of the season, so apparently I can't trade him. I'm a bit concerned about losing him for nothing but I suppose I could always bring in someone else with that money.

I've traded out Darren Collison, I didn't mind him but he was complaining about not getting enough minutes and I wanted to trade out an older player. So I traded Collison, a minor player that is escaping me right now and my 2018 1st round pick for Middleton and Bayless from the Bucks. This has evened my team out a fair bit. Middleton has replaced Bellinelli in the starting 5 and Bayless has been a perfect replacement for Collison.

I'm wanting to find a good replacement for Acy, who I wouldn't mind as a second string option but seems like the weak link in my starting 5. I traded Casspi for Terrence Jones last night, but he hasn't made the starting team yet (I let the AI handle my rotations because wtf do I know?)

Currently my team is looking something like this:

Rondo
Middleton
Cousins
Acy
Gay

Bayless
McClemore
Cauley-Stein
Jones
Bellinelli

Starting to really get on top of teams now in MyGM so probably time to up the difficulty. Gotten really hooked into this game over the last week and I've never really been a basketball fan, but games like this get me interested.

Love the trade for middleton and bayless, definitely a win for you

Jones in real life is a scrub (and i go for houston), but in the game he isnt half bad

Cauley-stein has decent trade value from memory, may be able to snag a decent starting PF, id look for a good shooting power-forward to pair with Cousins

If you dont go down that path look into free-agents with all the spare cash you have when Rondo is gone

I was really close to trading Gay after he stunk it up for the first couple of games, but he's since become one of my most reliable shooters.

I'd really like to trade in someone like a Kyrie Irving. I've also looked a lot at Favors from Utah and the big lanky PF from the Knicks whose name escapes me. Almost brought in Caldwell-Pope for Collison. Had a look at Derozan and some others as well.

The big lanky PF from the knicks (Porzingis) is one of the most fun players to use in the game

May 26, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
Love the trade for middleton and bayless, definitely a win for you

Jones in real life is a scrub (and i go for houston), but in the game he isnt half bad

Cauley-stein has decent trade value from memory, may be able to snag a decent starting PF, id look for a good shooting power-forward to pair with Cousins

If you dont go down that path look into free-agents with all the spare cash you have when Rondo is gone
The big lanky PF from the knicks (Porzingis) is one of the most fun players to use in the game

I was close to trying to grab Beasley instead of Jones, but I thought Jones might be better defensively (currently ranked #24 in the league.) Probably regret that one now.

I've kind of been liking the tag team of Cousins and Cauley-Stein, always having one of them on the court. I'll have a look at what's out there though.

Porzingis is the one. Looks like he'd compliment Cousins really well.

Who should I be looking at in terms of gun up-and-coming PGs?

I was close to trying to grab Beasley instead of Jones, but I thought Jones might be better defensively (currently ranked #24 in the league.) Probably regret that one now.

I've kind of been liking the tag team of Cousins and Cauley-Stein, always having one of them on the court. I'll have a look at what's out there though.

Porzingis is the one. Looks like he'd compliment Cousins really well.

Who should I be looking at in terms of gun up-and-coming PGs?

Hmmm best up and coming PGs

Emmanuel Mudiay - Denver
D'Angelo Russell - LA (will be very hard to get)
Cameron Payne - OKC
Marcus Smart (great defender) - Boston
Zach LaVine - Wolves
Dennis Schroder - Hawks

There are some others but thats a good place to start

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Went and bought Diamond I Thomas on thursday as I wanted to try him, (he was shyte btw) bought him for 50k, flipped for 65k today.

bought and box of Play-off packs and pack

97 DIAMOND RUSSELL WESTBROOK!!!!!!!!!!!!
boom

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
So I originally started a MyGM with Chicago because they are my team but found it difficult to to do anything with because I love all the guys too much. I didnt want to lose Rose even though there are better PG's out there, found it difficult to trade Mirotic etc

In the end I won three championships as I resigned Rose to a much smaller deal, about 8 million a year when he was on 20 million a year. Managed to lure DeMarcus Cousins via free agency and lucked out with draft picks to land Deyonta Davis who has A+ potential and later managed to move up in the draft to get Michael Porter, a 6'11 SF who dominates. Bit like a taller Scotie Pippen.

Anyways I did that through 2022 and then decided to do another MyGM but this time not with the Bulls. That way I had no emotional attachment and could be ruthless. I decided I wanted to choose a team and complete blow it up and build through the draft.

It's kinda cheating though, as I'd seen the draft in my previous Bulls MyGM and knew who was good and who wasnt.

So I selected the Boston Celtics because I knew they already had a ton of draft picks coming up thanks to how s**t the Nets are.

So the first season I just simmed along hoping I would be quite s**t to land in the lottery. I missed the playoffs and did land in the lottery but obviously didnt get pick number one.

The first draft is a bit of a washout as I knew only Ben Simmons was really any good. Dragan Bender and Damotis Sabonis were decent but I also knew Deyonta Davis from my previous Bulls game was excellent. Brandon Ingram never came on in my Bulls GM.

So using the Nets pick I landed the third pick but that wasnt enough to get Simmons as I knew he would go number one. I had I think pick 12 which was my own pick. Simmons went number one to Philly, Ingram went number two and then I'm on the clock for pick three. At this point im taking Dragan Bender at three and giving him tons of minutes at C.

But trades are being offered for my pick. One of the trades is Philly offering me their 2017 first round pick and Ben Simmons for Pick 3 and Avery Bradley. So I was like * yeah and pulled the trigger.

So now I had Ben Simmons and with pick 12 I took Deyonta Davis to play at PF.

At this point im just doing everything I can to load up on first round picks in 2017 and 2018.

2017 has Dennis Smith who I really want at PG. He averaged a near triple double in his rookie season in my Bulls MyGM. Plus im keen on Harry Giles who was averaging 20 and 15 and won DPOTY like three times in my Chicago MyGM. I know this is cheating but it was fun.

2018 has Shareef O'Neal and Bol Bol. Yeah that Shaq's kid and Manute Bol's kid. Shaq's kid is 7'1 and Bol is 7'3. They are both absolute monsters in the game. Both winning MVP's in the first three years of their career. Im talking many 30/20 nights from both players. O'Neal had a 67 point night in his rookie year and Bol Bol had 35 rebounds in a game once. They are MONSTERS.

So on top of lucking out and getting Ben Simmons and the huge potential of Deyonta Davis I just trade heaps of picks and players for 2017 and 2018 first round draft picks in the hope of moving up in the lottery or trading up. Just any way possible to get up near the top of the draft.

The thing with Boston, is they have heaps of tradable assets like Crowder, Sullinger, Olynyk, Bradley, Thomas, Zeller, Turner, Jerebko.

Ive already flipped Avery Bradley and turned him into Ben Simmons. So they I just start trading pretty much all of those guys.

I end up with about 5 first round selections in 2017. If the lottery holds position, Ill end up with pick 2, 5, 6 and 11 plus a late first rounder in the 20s.

Pick 2 holds but pick 6 moves into the top three!! Yay. Then it goes number one. So amazingly I now have picks 1, 2, 5 and 11.

Im taking Dennis Smith with pick one but im in desperate need of a SG. Despite knowing Giles is a monster at PF, I take Josh Jackson as he has terrific stats from his one year in college. All the mock drafts have Giles going top 6.

Im afraid he will go at 3 or 4 so I offer picks 5 and 11 or pick 4. The Suns take the deal as why wouldnt they. Then take Giles at pick 4.

So now I have...

PG - Dennis Smith
SG - Josh Jackson
SF - Ben Simmons
PF - Harry Giles
C - Deyonta Davis - who is a PF/C and Ive moved to C so that I can play Giles.

Off the bench we have guys like Seth Curry, Brandon Jennings, JJ Hickson, Amir Johnson and some other scrubs.

So then I trade Isiah Thomas as he is mad at being on the bench behind Smith for more 1st round picks.

Simmons was an All Star and Rookie of the year in his rookie year and Smith repeats that feat in his rookie year. Josh Jackson finished second in ROTY. Giles finished 5th in ROTY behind Smith, Jackson, Thon Maker and D'Aaron Fox and 2nd in DPOTY in his rookie year.

Simmons goes backwards and isnt an All Star in his second year as his scoring and rebounding numbers go down because we have big scorers in Smith and Jackson and a big rebounder in Giles at the 4 spot.

So now we're in the playoffs, we finished 1st in the East and about to get the playoffs under way.

But because of my trading for draft picks I have the Nets and Mavericks first round picks. From a stroke of luck, they have the worst two records in the league. So the mock draft has Boston at pick 1 and pick 2 haha.

I also traded for Memphis First round pick and they too had a shocking year and I have 4 aswell!!!

I have two more first round picks too, quite high also.

Of course the lottery might screw me and I still have the playoffs to get through. So im about to embark on a playoff run to see if I can secure a championship and if I do and the lottery goes to plan I could end up with picks 1 and 2 in the draft.

I absolutely have to pick both MONSTERS if I do get picks one and two. In the game O'Neal is listed as a C/SF. So if I hold onto picks 1 and 2. Im going to take O'Neal and Bol Bol.

Then go with this...

PG - Dennis Smith
SG - Josh Jackson
SF - Shareef O'Neal
PF - Harry Giles
C - Bol Bol

First two guys off the bench would be Ben Simmons and Deyonta Davis. Then some scrubs.

In the Chicago MyGM, O'Neal and Bol Bol both won MVP's. Dennis Smith and Giles are perennial All Stars and Smith averaged about 28-8-9 in New York. Giles is a three time DPOTY.

I know, cheating. Cos I saw all this in my Chicago save. But if the lottery holds and I get these two. I just wanna see if I can completely dominate the league.

At least in the short term while they are all on their rookies contracts. The hard part will be paying everyone in a few years time.

It's fun though.

Last edited:

LFC2010

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 28, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Just do the trade finder and pick the best deal.

Ended up offering a draft pick with him and getting K Love, was the best trade that was offered after trying 20x.

Will offload K Love end of season and try and something better with him.

so I got this from the ps+ this month. I used to play 2k a hell of a lot up until 2k14 and got burnt out.

I have played 10 games online and have won them all and wanted to transfer into my team.

anyone got pointer to get started?

the game modes confused me, not sure which one I should be playing to get started.

havnt played a game yet and only have 3600 coins sitting there but it looks like buying packs at this stage might be useless. Westbrook was going for 11k in the market thingo.

anyone give me a full run down it would be much appreciated.

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Will play tonight

I dabbled six weeks ago but man I need to do some practice on the hard courts to get a feel of controls

I'm a big NBA fan but not big video game NBA fan

But it's free....downloaded other free game game "home" which according to reviews is great

The 69 pasos for PSN membership is worth it

dave123

Cancelled
Apr 13, 2010
somewhere
AFL Club
West Coast
Had a dabble last night and enjoyed it

It's funny when it downloads it says not all game features available yet .....sound wasn't working and I only had quick game option but I remember reading this also from other posters

I had played it once before .but wasn't my thing ...oddly though I enjoyed last night learning the 2 zillion controls is challenging

Do people get used to it and remember them all eventually?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back