Multiplat NBA 2K21

Remove this Banner Ad

LhOu5Ap.jpg

Which version will you be getting? No way I'm going to let the Mamba Edition go.

There is no way anyone should be buying this game for current gen, or the Legend editions. I can't believe the audacity of 2K given the unbelievable amount of microtransactions in 2K20. Not even Rockstar are making people buy GTAV again. Cyberpunk will be the same price and buying a copy gets you a free version of the next gen game.

No one should be getting this game for PC either, since it'll be the current gen game for old hardware.

I also hate that Kobe is on the cover of the expensive versions, which is a cash in on his death.

Terrible developers that should not be rewarded, but scores of basketball fans with no other options will buy it anyway.

I think they said it won’t.
MyTeam progress will carry forward, but MyCareer won't.

1594192967568.png

I think the key to NBA (and FIFA for that matter) is to only buy them once every couple years.

The game will barely be any different to 2k20 and they're literally giving that away for free now.

They make their money through Microtransactions now and they know people buying the game isn't enough. The more people buy the MT the more these companies will grub em for it.

Think I'm gonna skip 2k this year. Madden as well. Both are stale af and while I don't mind micro transactions in general, the offensive assault with VC has worn me down again (3rd time ha).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the key to NBA (and FIFA for that matter) is to only buy them once every couple years.

The game will barely be any different to 2k20 and they're literally giving that away for free now.

They make their money through Microtransactions now and they know people buying the game isn't enough. The more people buy the MT the more these companies will grub em for it.

Or just wait until it's on sale for $10 like it goes every year. I love NBA but am happy to wait until well after release.

From what I saw on youtube, not worth it ... at all.

The Youtubers are f***ing stupid though.

They were expecting some brand new game, it's never going to be that and it was a demo.

2K are lazy flogs but the game was never going to look different, it just needs to play better than 2k20.

Demo lets you play 5 play now games, mess around with the MyPlayer Builder (1 game for each save, 5 saves) and shootaround.

New shooting system is going to take some getting used too, appears to be a lot more based on aiming than timing.

Demo lets you play 5 play now games, mess around with the MyPlayer Builder (1 game for each save, 5 saves) and shootaround.

New shooting system is going to take some getting used too, appears to be a lot more based on aiming than timing.
I noticed you can adjust your aim before you release, so if you don't pull straight down you can slide it to the middle if you're quick enough.

The Youtubers are f***ing stupid though.

They were expecting some brand new game, it's never going to be that and it was a demo.

2K are lazy flogs but the game was never going to look different, it just needs to play better than 2k20.

yeah but it is literally just a 5 minute demo and the same 'create your player' tutorial from last year.

I only watched about 30 seconds, but that is all it seemed like.

I hate what they do each year with the cheesy career mode, but at least the old prelude included a bit of content.

So you gotta spend 130 if you want a free upgrade to the standard edition for PS5?
The pre-order bonuses are pretty damn lousy as well.
Really sucks that VC doesn't transfer over, I got a heap from 2k20 left.

Edit: I misread the preorder bonuses for that first edition, still a bit lame though. (I'm not massively into that myTeam, if I did get this version it would kind of make me start to play it).

Pre-ordered ps4 copy today. I won't be getting a ps5 for a while.

I know there isn't much difference from 2k20 but I am keen to start myteam from the beginning after being a late starter for 20.

Really looking forward to Friday.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Pre-ordered ps4 copy today. I won't be getting a ps5 for a while.

I know there isn't much difference from 2k20 but I am keen to start myteam from the beginning after being a late starter for 20.

Really looking forward to Friday.

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

This is kind of where I'm at (just without the next-gen shenanigans due to being on PC), I picked up 2K20 when it first got marked down as I'd never played it before, but may pre-order or buy early so I get 12 months out of the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back