Multiplat NBA 2K21

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Juve, Claremont, GSW
Playing MyCareer and starting to play quite well.
A bit easy to get rebounds and assists, but I'll take it considering shooting is very hit and miss.
My guy is pretty high in 3pt shooting and I'd miss a heap even when very open and take my time or have catch and shoot badge.
Changed it to user percentage and honestly, it's better but kind of lame at the same time but I think I'll use it for now.

Anyway, is the shooting badge unlocks going up the slowest? Shot very well that game and it went up * all.

I also couldn't do team practice, soon as the drill starts I had a black screen every single time. I reinstalled it like 2k said (always the lazy answer from those *ers), but I'm still yet to see if it worked but I'm guessing it hasn't. I think drills may help with my shooting badge progress.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
My shooting badges are going up quickly.

Got HOF catch and shoot and silver deadeye.

Any tips?
I shoot a good %, shoot various types of shots, score a good amount of points etc but it's still going up quite slow.
If you could check what points you would roughly go up per game as well that would be great - e.g 1200.

I'm a shooter pretty much and I have more badges in the other categories.
Not sure if that's because I'm not expected to get rebounds so I'm being rewarded more.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Any tips?
I shoot a good %, shoot various types of shots, score a good amount of points etc but it's still going up quite slow.
If you could check what points you would roughly go up per game as well that would be great - e.g 1200.

I'm a shooter pretty much and I have more badges in the other categories.
Not sure if that's because I'm not expected to get rebounds so I'm being rewarded more.

I'm using square to shoot with the timing, I can't get a proper handle on the shot stick with aiming AND timing.

The training drills give me 2800 in total (now that I can pick what I want to do) in normal practices, really goes up when they bring in a legend and you get x3 points.

Really comes down to nailing your release and I also try sticking to my hot spots (Hot Zone Hunter is the next badge I'm going for), if you're struggling with 3's then I suggest going to the mid range because the penalty for mistiming your release doesn't seem as severe as it is when attempting 3's.

Points in a game vary, I also have HOF Fearless Finisher so I tend to drive a lot which gets me to the FT line which I think counts towards your shooting badges (not sure but it seems that way). I've been hot from 3 the last few games so I've had some pretty decent gains, I swear one game I gained like 3000 after I nailed like 6 3's and had about 10 FTs.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Gotta love it, happens every single year.
My teammate, one of the best 3pt shooters and players, misses a completely open shot late in the game (he's not fatigued and hasn't taken too many shots either) and an average shot and the AI player hits a contested 3.
Classic.

Gotta love it, happens every single year.
My teammate, one of the best 3pt shooters and players, misses a completely open shot late in the game (he's not fatigued and hasn't taken too many shots either) and an average shot and the AI player hits a contested 3.
Classic.
I feel they've dialled the rubber banding back somewhat from what it used to be, at least it hasn't pissed me off as much as it did a month or two ago.

Definitely finding the game a lot more playable than when it first came out.

Schmicko

Senior List
Mar 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Portland TrailBlazers
This dude is a beast!!!
8555i1.png

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
No relation to Karl

YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Glad I decided to save up a bunch of MT after finding out about PD Giannis.

Also I don't bother with the leveling. I don't play super often and I only play single player. Here's my current team:

nba2k21giannis.jpg

Schmicko

Senior List
Mar 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Portland TrailBlazers
Snagged him last night, haven't tried him yet though
Still my best card, only been playing for a week or so... that second weekly challenge been doing my head in with the 'Greek Freak' unstoppable at times!

Still my best card, only been playing for a week or so... that second weekly challenge been doing my head in with the 'Greek Freak' unstoppable at times!
Yeh, that challenge is a bitch. I got Glen Robinson in a free pack and picked up a badged up Paul George for 30k which helped a lot to win that game.

If you're that new to it, I highly recommend aiming for Amy Mitchell and Amy Klay. Both cards are great and better than a lot of diamonds.

Schmicko

Senior List
Mar 27, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Portland TrailBlazers
Yeh, that challenge is a b*tch. I got Glen Robinson in a free pack and picked up a badged up Paul George for 30k which helped a lot to win that game.

If you're that new to it, I highly recommend aiming for Amy Mitchell and Amy Klay. Both cards are great and better than a lot of diamonds.
Haha... got the'possessed' Mitchell, ruby Kellogg, and upgraded to ruby Iverson for the best of the rest... everything else is sapphire or emerald...🙃

Haha... got the'possessed' Mitchell, ruby Kellogg, and upgraded to ruby Iverson for the best of the rest... everything else is sapphire or emerald...🙃
Also aim for Ruby Rex Chapman and Amy Gugliotta. Should be able to get both for under 10k. They form a dynamic duo which bumps Rex up to Amy and Gugs to Diamond. Both are decent cards in their own right.

This is my team at the moment, which I'm reasonably happy with:

2kdb-lineup.jpeg

They're all pretty good on the perimeter, both in defense and with 3's. I have PD Manu which I could put in, but I just don't like him. I'm aiming to get Cam Reddish by picking up all the evo'd rookies. You can apparently swap out the evo'd versions with base versions after it's been locked in so you can then sell the evo's versions and get your money back, just need to stump up the coin to begin with. I need roughly 230k MT, have about 190k. He'll replace PG and I'll move PG to Howell's spot.

Will probably focus on getting Ibaka to maybe Jokic after that and maybe getting a better defensive 2 guard than McCullum. YelloMit Is Middleton the lock in reward for the Sleepers set? If so, and if I do get Jokic, I might aim for him and push Reddish to SG and slot him in at SF.

Klay will probably be the last Amy to go. His 3's are just too damn good.

Jun 5, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sigh...why does my guy miss open 3s with gold catch and shoot but will hit 3s after dribbling and contested.
Happens way too ******* often. I'd even be alright with missing open 3s but I swear my percentage would be 10% from open 3s and 60% from contested 3s.
Might as well ditch the catch and shoot badge...

89 3pt shooting by the way and even though I admit I'm not great at this game, I managed quite well previously.

Edit: Couldn't stand shooting at the start, switched to real player % which is a bit lame but less frustrating, changed back and now it seems easier. Strange.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Sigh...why does my guy miss open 3s with gold catch and shoot but will hit 3s after dribbling and contested.
Happens way too ******* often. I'd even be alright with missing open 3s but I swear my percentage would be 10% from open 3s and 60% from contested 3s.
Might as well ditch the catch and shoot badge...

89 3pt shooting by the way and even though I admit I'm not great at this game, I managed quite well previously.

Edit: Couldn't stand shooting at the start, switched to real player % which is a bit lame but less frustrating, changed back and now it seems easier. Strange.

Get it up to HOF, also go after Hot Zone Hunter.

YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
YelloMit Is Middleton the lock in reward for the Sleepers set? If so, and if I do get Jokic, I might aim for him and push Reddish to SG and slot him in at SF.
Yeah, Middleton is the lock in reward for Sleepers. Great all-round card, but a tad slow, so he's better off the bench for me personally. His jumpshot is super easy to green and he's great on defense.

Oh, and I decided to buy some Double Take boxes. Pulled 2 PD Derrick Roses. Keeping one for myself, selling the other one after putting a diamon contract and 3 point shoe on him.

Mantastic

Premiership Player
Jun 22, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man City, Cleveland Browns
I started playing next gen last week, first time playing 2k21. The VC scumbaggery has been ratcheted up again from even 2k20. It's nearly impossible to play mycareer without VC, unless you want to be a 60 overall for 5 games, just to get to 61. Making it so your physical attributes don't scale with your skills and now cost VC. Even having to rep up just to enter the City. It would take over 200k VC just to get to an 86.

I usually play myteam once the Opals drop, as I don't care about spending money on games but I'm skipping this year. Try out next gen Madden instead.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
I started playing next gen last week, first time playing 2k21. The VC scumbaggery has been ratcheted up again from even 2k20. It's nearly impossible to play mycareer without VC, unless you want to be a 60 overall for 5 games, just to get to 61. Making it so your physical attributes don't scale with your skills and now cost VC. Even having to rep up just to enter the City. It would take over 200k VC just to get to an 86.

I usually play myteam once the Opals drop, as I don't care about spending money on games but I'm skipping this year. Try out next gen Madden instead.

I was making over 1200VC per MyCareer game from the beginning, the endorsements on top of that make it easy to get VC.

Also don't go by overalls, specific attributes and badges are all you need and they don't take long to get.

Back