NBA All Star Weekend 2020 - Chicago, Ill. Feb 15-17. Tickets available at various outlets.

Remove this Banner Ad

The house that Dez! built hosts 2020s NBA All Star weekend this year. The usual events take place culminating in everyones favourite non contact extravaganza the actual all star game.

According to google LeBron James and Giannis Antetokounmpo are captaining the two teams. The latest votes are in.

2020-voting-second-returns-010920.jpg

Came across something on social media today:

81598870_10163276813970724_509821229444628480_o.jpg

Is Tatum an all star? Going on raw figures alone, its argued that brandon ingram is ahead of him. BIs stats are 25, 6.9, 4.1, while shooting a blistering 47 FG% and 40% from 3. Wow! A career year.

But as you know stats aren't everything. Tatums celtics are 3rd in the east, whereas the Pelicans languish above the lapless warriors only in the west. Tatum is part of the reason for the celtics success this year (and jaylen brown who its argued could be in all star contention). Also BI sprained his pinky finger against the Bulls recently.

Enjoy the lead up to the ASW everyone. Gamble responsibly.

Didn't they get rid of conferences for all star reserves? I swear they did... what happened to team LeBron and team Curry

They got rid of East vs West, it's still 5 starters selected from each conference and then 7 reserves from each conference.

Two players with the most votes become captains and the one with the most votes gets the first pick, they alternate picking their starting line-ups from the starters.

Coaches pick the reserves, 7 from each conference.

Two captains draft the rest of their team from that pool.

My all star picks. I’ve got 10 I’m pretty confident will make it bar injuries from the West, 8 from the East

West: Doncic, Harden, LeBron, Kawhi, Davis, Lillard, Mitchell, George (although he’s almost missed too many games), Jokic and Gobert.

With the last two out of Booker, Ingram, Paul and Towns. I’m leaning towards Booker and Ingram but I find it really hard to leave Chris Paul out and I like to reward winning players when its a close call.

East: Walker, Young, Butler, Giannis, Embiid, Simmons, Siakam and Adebayo.

With the final four coming from Middleton, Tatum, Brown, Beal, Sabonis, Brogdon, Lowry and Lavine. If I had to make the choice now I’d say Middleton, Sabonis, Brown and Beal I guess. Lavine definitely deserves to be in the mix.

I came up with this.

West

Guards - Doncic, Harden, Lillard, Mitchell, Booker

Forwards/Centres - James, Ingram, Leonard, George, Davis, Jokic, Towns

East

Guards - Beal, Walker, Young, LaVine, Simmons

Forwards/Centres - Giannis, Siakam, Butler, Tatum, Sabonis, Embiid, Drummond

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol, he was an MVP contender a couple of months ago. He deserves to start.
Has an identical PER 36 to Khris Middleton, in fact Middleton's PER 36 is better in every single facet except rebounding (7.2 to 7.8). PER 100 backs this up as well.

Honestly there isn't many other replacements for him, so it's understandable why he is actually starting and I'm not advocating for a person to replace him (Certainly don't think it should be Butler like everyone else online does). Again though it just shows how weak the talent in the East is.

Trae Young getting a starter.. really? Atlanta have THE WORST record in NBA, and the East isn’t as strong. Won 11 games.
Of course he ll have high numbers, who else Hawks have?
Really annoying that these hype players get picked first time when players like Beal has been consistent yet plays for a low market team.I mean Kyrie got second in voting amongst guards.
Drummond still doesn’t get selected either, even though he’s been among the best rebounding centres for years now.
Rant over.

I’m content with Young starting. I would’ve had Simmons or ideally Butler if not for the position restrictions. I can’t say I watch a hell of a lot of Hawks games (he’s killed the Spurs twice in games I watched). Think he’s had a slightly better year than Beal but its very tight and I’m not sure 15 Wizards wins should bump him ahead of 11 Hawks wins, a bad team is a bad team. I would’ve been content with Beal starting too. It’s not like a Lillard or Mitchell missed out, there wasn’t a lot of competition in the east.

Never been a big fan of Drummond but he doesn’t deserve to be near the starters. Wouldn’t be in my team but if he makes it as a reserve its probably fair enough. He’s in or around the mark. Think he’s closer to Whiteside than he is to Gobert and Embiid personally.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back