NBA All Star Weekend 2020 - Chicago, Ill. Feb 15-17. Tickets available at various outlets.

Remove this Banner Ad

And the reserves:

Boston’s Jayson Tatum, New Orleans’ Brandon Ingram, the Utah tandem of Rudy Gobert and Donovan Mitchell, Miami’s Bam Adebayo and Indiana’s Domantas Sabonis will be making their All-Star debuts.
Houston’s Russell Westbrook, Portland’s Damian Lillard — who will be competing in the 3-point contest at All-Star Weekend — and Denver’s Nikola Jokic round out the West reserves, while Toronto’s Kyle Lowry, Miami’s Jimmy Butler, Philadelphia’s Ben Simmons and Milwaukee’s Khris Middleton made it from the East.

In summary

West: Paul, Ingram, Golbare, Mitchell (not booker), Westbrook, Lillard, Yoke itch

East: tatum, adebayo, sabonis (first father-son to be all stars?), lowry, butler, aussie Ben, middleton

Mitchell deserved to be in the team. I’d have had him ahead of Booker. Think Booker is very stiff though, think 9 were locks so the last three was between Booker, Paul, Westbrook and Ingram. I’d have had Booker ahead of all 3 but think Westbrook is the one I’d have him over. He’s been balling the past 20 games which got him back in the conversation but he was trash in the first 20 games and I think when its really tight between players that has to come into account.

Had Adebayo, Simmons, Butler, Sabonis and Middleton as locks in the East. Was a heap battling for those last two spots. Thought one Boston player would make it, I was probably leaning towards Brown but it’s pretty much 50/50. I have no qualms about Lowry getting in either but that’s where I’d have Beal to be honest.

Arvydas was never an All Star surprisingly. Can’t find it ever happening before.

As I said earlier, I definitely would’ve had Booker in my team and probably would’ve had Beal too but these stats are interesting

Would love to know how that defensive stat is calculated because it’s incorrect on my numbers.

Mitchell goes 1/12 and the Jazz lose by 6.

If Booker did that Suns get shellacked.

Arguing a winning record is fine in the selection debate but surely playing with a second all star is pretty relevant also.

Would love to know how that defensive stat is calculated because it’s incorrect on my numbers.

Yeah I think you are right. Those are the numbers off basketball reference, the numbers on NBAstats are 110. It doesn’t make sense that Phoenix are the 16th best defensive rating as a team but the guy playing the most minutes has one of the worst defensive ratings. Would make more sense to be the NBAstats number unless Phoenix are the best defensive team in the league when Booker sits

Yeah I think you are right. Those are the numbers off basketball reference, the numbers on NBAstats are 110. It doesn’t make sense that Phoenix are the 16th best defensive rating as a team but the guy playing the most minutes has one of the worst defensive ratings. Would make more sense to be the NBAstats number unless Phoenix are the best defensive team in the league when Booker sits
So many numbers out there, so it’s easy to just assume they are correct.

I saw a defensive FG% allowed stat the other day that Eric Gordon as number 1. I immediately closed my browser

So many numbers out there, so it’s easy to just assume they are correct.

I saw a defensive FG% allowed stat the other day that Eric Gordon as number 1. I immediately closed my browser

Hope you ran your anti virus on your machine too

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The two biggest rumours going around for Giannis' free agency are the Miami Heat and Toronto Raptors.

Giannis drafted Bam Adebayo, Jimmy Butler, Pascal Siakam and Kyle Lowry all in his All Star team. 👀 👀 👀

*He also chose Middleton first but that doesn't fit my narrative.

He picked pretty much all East players, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

I don’t know how anybody gets into this. It’s like following The Oscars. 20 years ago when the players used to actually care it was something to see, now the dunks have all been done and the game itself is less meaningful than a pick up game.

Whilst I’m on my rant what’s with the OPs title? ‘Tickets available are various outlets’?
We live in Australia, far far away from the game. Cringed just a little when I saw that

I don’t know how anybody gets into this. It’s like following The Oscars. 20 years ago when the players used to actually care it was something to see, now the dunks have all been done and the game itself is less meaningful than a pick up game.

Whilst I’m on my rant what’s with the OPs title? ‘Tickets available are various outlets’?
We live in Australia, far far away from the game. Cringed just a little when I saw that
Sounds like it is really following the Oscars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back