NBA All Star Weekend 2020 - Chicago, Ill. Feb 15-17. Tickets available at various outlets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Cannot believe no one on Team Giannis, gives Giannis the actual ball.

The MVP isn't getting passed the ball because Walker & Embiid want to play hero ball.

FT to end it is anti-climatic but what an ASG it was.

Shame that Team Giannis is full of hero ball players and didn't give the ball to the best player on the team, otherwise they would have probably won.

FT to end it is anti-climatic but what an ASG it was.

Shame that Team Giannis is full of hero ball players and didn't give the ball to the best player on the team, otherwise they would have probably won.

I dont think any of them knew what to do when they all came out playing hard in the last quarter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That’s what people want to see. No one cares how many lobs you can throw or halfcourt 3s you can chuck. Give us a hard competitive game between the best

That last quarter was pretty epic.

Best All-Star Weekend in a while.

Apart from the dunk contest. Was 2016 all over again. Just keep handing out 50s until someone randomly decides to stop holding up their 10 card. What's wrong with a shared winner? Or rewarding the fact that Gordon put together 5 50s in a row? You could tell by the time Gordon and Jones Jr were onto their 6th dunks that judges were thinking about holding up 9s to be a point of difference. Personally I thought Gordon's 360 off the side of the backboard was the best of the night and Connaughton's off the backboard was second best, but it's not just a single best dunk of the night contest. The commentators were pretty downbeat about what the lone white guy did.

If they are going to give Howard's first dunk 41 then that leaves very little scope between the better ones. If I was Gordon I wouldn't be going back either. Entertains the crowd in two of the best contests ever and each time they keep making him dunk until he comes up with something that isn't GOAT worthy.

Haven't seen the ASG yet, Monday morning not ideal timing but will watch Q4 and some highlights later. Celebrity game sucks (they use the term celebrity pretty loosely) but the rising stars challenge is good. Can't help but think some of the players are eyeing off future big three/super team teammates.

I have a revolutionary idea. Have 3 all star teams. The 2nd and 3rd team play 2 ten minute halves. One for shits and giggles and the 2nd to quality to play the 1st team. Then the winner and the 1st team do the same thing, one half for fun and the last to win.

Event length is the same, but you get real basketball played twice as often.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back