NBA All Time Mixer Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Danger in Texas these are my updated categories.

C: David Robinson (Wore number over 40)
PF: Tim Duncan (Played until at least 39yo)
SF: Grant Hill (Played for 3 or more teams)
SG: Russell Westbrook (Attended UCLA)
PG: Stephen Curry (Won 3pt Shootout)
6th: Manu Ginobili (One team player)
B: Anthony Davis (Has not won MVP)
B: Tracy MacGrady (Led NBA in one category)
B: Alonzo Mounring (HoF inductee)
B: Penny Hardaway (Wore number below 10)
B: Rasheed Wallace (Arrested)
B: ?

I reckon if my team suited up they could still win the championship this season. :p

Danger in Texas these are my updated categories.

C: David Robinson (Wore number over 40)
PF: Tim Duncan (Played until at least 39yo)
SF: Grant Hill (Played for 3 or more teams)
SG: Russell Westbrook (Attended UCLA)
PG: Stephen Curry (Won 3pt Shootout)
6th: Manu Ginobili (One team player)
B: Anthony Davis (Has not won MVP)
B: Tracy MacGrady (Led NBA in one category)
B: Alonzo Mounring (HoF inductee)
B: Penny Hardaway (Wore number below 10)
B: Rasheed Wallace (Arrested)
B: ?

I reckon if my team suited up they could still win the championship this season. :p

They're going to be really upset when Russel still wants a 50% usage rate.

They're going to be really upset when Russel still wants a 50% usage rate.

Nah. Duncan, Robinson and Hill are all team players that don't need the ball in their hand constantly.

Could you not make the same argument for Jordan or Kobe?

I honestly have no idea how I'm going to judge these teams. They all so even. If each team played 10 games the would probably all win about half.
Yeah everyone’s drafted well I reckon, not too many botched picks I can think of

Very pleased with my team though, I think the structure and versatility of my side (as well as talent) is a big plus for mine. No ball hogs here ;)

Nah. Duncan, Robinson and Hill are all team players that don't need the ball in their hand constantly.

Could you not make the same argument for Jordan or Kobe?

Jordan's the GOAT. He can do whatever he wants. He's also shown he can work in a team system.

Kobe - yes you could say that, but not to the extent of Russ.

Jordan's the GOAT. He can do whatever he wants. He's also shown he can work in a team system.

Kobe - yes you could say that, but not to the extent of Russ.

But then you could extend this argument to every bench player. Tell me which of the HoFers on each team is going to settle for a bench role?

Oh hey Bob McAdoo MVP, you're coming off the bench.

But then you could extend this argument to every bench player. Tell me which of the HoFers on each team is going to settle for a bench role?

I'm just saying I don't think Russ is a great fit for All-Star talent teams. I'd probably not take him top 80 or so in this draft. But as an individual he'd be more talented than a bunch of players I'd draft before him.

I'm just saying I don't think Russ is a great fit for All-Star talent teams. I'd probably not take him top 80 or so in this draft. But as an individual he'd be more talented than a bunch of players I'd draft before him.
I’d take him top 50, but I’d want to make sure there’s a lot of non-ball dominant players surrounding him. For example, I don’t think a Westbrook/Curry backcourt works, but on talent alone the combination is superb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I admit he was not top of my list for shooting guards. I had to make a choice between pure talent and chemistry and I chose talent because I felt chemistry in a game like this can be so hard to judge.

Luckily I am also the world's greatest coach and I will handle Russell with an iron fist. :p

I’d take him top 50, but I’d want to make sure there’s a lot of non-ball dominant players surrounding him. For example, I don’t think a Westbrook/Curry backcourt works, but on talent alone the combination is superb

My plan was to create a great pick and roll team. With Duncan/Robinson setting screens all day, Curry and Westbrook become nigh on impossible to stop.

Alternatively Duncan can pop and sink 19 foot bank shots all night. I also have Ginobili who basically won 4 rings playing this system.

There are some great defensive players on other teams, but I just can't see them stopping my guys.

Offensively Curry/Westbrook isn't terrible because Curry can work off the ball. Your problem will be at the other end of the court where they have to defend offensive greats. And because Curry needs to take the shorter player, it's going to leave Westbrook guarding guys like Jordan.

Final team

PG - Magic Johnson (led the league)
SG - Klay Thompson (has not won the MVP)
SF - Dominique Wilkins (dunk comp)
PF - Charles Barkley (played for more than 3 clubs)
C - Shaquille O'Neal (hall of fame)

Bench
PG - Kevin Johnson (number under 10)
Wing backups - Kawhi (one club)
Wing backups - Bob McAdoo (North Carolina)
Backup big - Dwight Howard (5 or more All Star appearance)
Backup big - Chris Webber (number over 40)

Moving Charles to the arrested list opening up "played for more than 3 clubs". I have to shuffle a few after that but it let's me draft Earl Monroe. Surprised he hasn't been taken yet.

Moving Shaq to the over 38 category, opening up "hall of fame" spot. In that spot I'll pick Sam Jones. I'm not a big fan of the 60s, but this guy could play. Averaged 25ppg in one season and shot better than 45% from the field consistantly, which is very very good for a 60s shooting guard.

Final team...

PG - Magic Johnson (led the league)
SG - Klay Thompson (3 point comp)
SF - Dominique Wilkins (played for more than 3 clubs)
PF - Charles Barkley (arrested)
C - Shaquille O'Neal (played until 38)

Bench
PG - Kevin Johnson (number under 10)
PG/Wing backup - Earl Monroe (has not won the MVP)
Wing backup - Sam Jones (Hall of Fame)
Wing backup - Kawhi (one club)
Wing backup/Backup Big - Bob McAdoo (North Carolina)
Backup big - Dwight Howard (5 or more All Star appearance)
Backup big - Chris Webber (number over 40)

Having the extra two spots really helps me fill in the SG spot, which was my weakest spot.

Happy now.

Wacky Tiger skipped again, so I’m up

For this last pick, I need a bit more defense. This pick definitely isn’t someone who will be defined as an ‘all time great’, but he’ll work a treat as a role player on my bench. A great, versatile defender, good rebounder and solid offensive contributor, despite the strange shooting form.

I’ll move Gary Payton over to arrested to make room for him in 3 or more teams

Shawn Marion

CD85F1E9-DB40-4567-9A4D-0DA76CF932AB.jpeg

JT_the_Man up, as well as nufan and Wacky Tiger

Final team

PG: John Stockton (39 or over)
SG: Dwyane Wade (league leader)
SF: Larry Bird (won 3pt)
PF: Elvin Hayes (number over 40)
C: Bill Russell (one club player)

Gary Payton (arrested)
David Thompson (HOF)/Drazen Petrovic (number under 10)
Chris Mullin (5x all star)/Shawn Marion (3 or more teams)
Draymond Green (not won MVP)
Bill Walton (UCLA)

I need another pure shooter off my bench to compliment Mullin, so I’m going with one of the NBA’s most tragic stories.

Moving Stockton to 39 and over and Wade to led league, as this guy wore numbers under 10

Drazen Petrovic

View attachment 449574

Wacky Tiger

You've done this to me twice now. Taking my guy two spots earlier.

This guy could have been anything. 22ppg @ 52/45/87 in his final season. Could have seen this guy become one of the best SGs in the games history. Would be great in today's game.

You've done this to me twice now. Taking my guy two spots earlier.

This guy could have been anything. 22ppg @ 52/45/87 in his final season. Could have seen this guy become one of the best SGs in the games history. Would be great in today's game.
Really is a shame he was gone so early. Reckon he was ahead of his time. Gut feel is that he’d be the 2nd/3rd best shooting guard in the league today - he’d thrive with the extra use of the 3 point line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back