Remove this Banner Ad

unclechopchop2

Senior List
Aug 11, 2005
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hi guys, the season is almost upon us!
I thought we could have a thread to discuss some of the longer range nba bets here. Iasbet have a great range including rookie of the year, MVP, team wins over/under, division title winners, scoring title etc check it out.
There's some value in the rookie of the year in my opinion (Lillard at $6 is nice). Other bets I like are-
Kevin love scoring title @$26
Spurs under 56 wins
Magic under 23.5 wins

I'm a huge fan of the nba but have generally been pretty bad when it comes to punting on it so stay away for the most part. $6 is good value for Lillard but Anthony Davis is who I'd be on right now. I know big men normally take longer to come around but I think he's NBA ready enough to be the best rookie at least.

Kevin Love missing until december doubt he can win the scoring title like that??

Love should be closer to $126 than $26. Guy wasn't close enough last year, has a broken hand which will slow down his scoring on return and will be missing Rubio when he gets back.

Kevin Love would be a shocking decision for scoring champ lol even if he were healthy roy, kirilenko coming in he wont be relied on as heavily...

Magic for under 23.5 wins is a nice bet they are trying to tank this season melbourne style

I would never bet against the spurs in the reg season either but thats just me

Opening night matches i think a simple multi cavs (vs no john wall), lakers (no dirk) and heat all for the win is a fairly risk free bet... im not too worried about lakers pre season form... i worry about the heat celtics matchup tho rondo has a good track record against the heat

I'm not saying Love will win but I just won't be surprised if he comes close. He finished fourth last year and has improved his scoring average by six points each of the last two seasons. I don't see his hand being and issue, he won't play until hes ready to go and the award is for points per game average. As a blazers fan I know how much ball Roy will miss and I see a guy like Kiralenko taking less shots than Mr Beasley. Don't be surprised to see him around the mark again but in all likely hood Durant will win but that's no fun at less than even money.

What are people's opinions on each teams over/under wins? I have a feeling the pacers will surprise a few this year with how good they are.

I'm not saying Love will win but I just won't be surprised if he comes close. He finished fourth last year and has improved his scoring average by six points each of the last two seasons. I don't see his hand being and issue, he won't play until hes ready to go and the award is for points per game average. As a blazers fan I know how much ball Roy will miss and I see a guy like Kiralenko taking less shots than Mr Beasley. Don't be surprised to see him around the mark again but in all likely hood Durant will win but that's no fun at less than even money.

What are people's opinions on each teams over/under wins? I have a feeling the pacers will surprise a few this year with how good they are.
Yep, I like the Pacers. I'm tipping them to lose to Miami in the Eastern Final.

Took Philly at $4.50 to win their division
I like the look of Philly at those odds. Only issue will be Bynums knees. Philly are really quite deep though and could well click, surprising a few teams come playoff time. I just love the way the celtics play though and feel that with their depth, defence and team basketball they will get too many wins for Philly to win. Boston are good odds if you can get them in the 20's, they'll go close again.

Cavs are a lock tomorrow. The Wizards have to fly into Cleveland on the day of the game due to Hurricane Sandy. No Wall for the Wizards. Heat will get the job done and the Lakers will be too good for the Mavs without Dirk and Kaman is also out.

I am staying away from Lakers tomorrow at less than a dollar twenty.

Heat into Cavs @ $2.03

Just a heads up. Not sure how much longer it will last, but Cleveland are paying $3.05 to win by 11+ on IAS bet.

In the "alternative handicap" markets, Cleveland at -10.5 are paying $3.32.

Additionally, they are paying $2 at the -5.5 handicap.

1 unit on Cleveland -5.5 @ $2
0.5 units on Cleveland -10.5 @ $3.32
0.5 units on Cleveland -13.5 @ $4.60

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Wizards have to fly into Cleveland on the day of the game due to Hurricane Sandy.

Not true.

Instead of practicing in Washington Monday morning and traveling to Cleveland later Monday afternoon as the team had planned to do, the Wizards made an early getaway, leaving D.C. for Cleveland at 8 a.m. Monday.

Not true.

Instead of practicing in Washington Monday morning and traveling to Cleveland later Monday afternoon as the team had planned to do, the Wizards made an early getaway, leaving D.C. for Cleveland at 8 a.m. Monday.
Yeah I just saw that, I was going via the report on SportsCentre which was wrong.

I will match your starting 5 from the Cavs with the starting 5 from the Wizards (A J Price, Beal, Ariza, Booker and Okafor) YUCK!!!!!!!

I like the look of Philly at those odds. Only issue will be Bynums knees. Philly are really quite deep though and could well click, surprising a few teams come playoff time. I just love the way the celtics play though and feel that with their depth, defence and team basketball they will get too many wins for Philly to win. Boston are good odds if you can get them in the 20's, they'll go close again.
That only issue is out indefinitely

Gee, ended up breaking even with Cleveland winning by 10 points in the end.

Take out the first seven minutes of the final quarter and Cleveland would have won by 22. I guess that's the risk you take backing a weak team against another weak team.

The Golden Rules
* Posting or spamming of any messages of an advertising nature is not tolerated. Ask the mods if you're unsure or would like special permission.
live by the rules bro

Piss off Lakers!!!! Cost me my multi today. If I was the coach of teams playing the Lakers, I would enforce the "Hack a Howard" strategy and send him to the line everytime. He was 3 from 14 today from the FT line.

Onto tomorrow

Craptors/Pacers under 187.5
Spurs to win
Grizzlies/Clippers over 187.5
Rockets +3

Sorry Donkson mate, didn't mean to spam!

Its legit content though, just wanted to share my opinions with everyone and try to get a leg up!

I will stop now obviously.

To those burned by the Lakers - Never chuck a game in just to stretch odds. $1.20 is way to short, especially for a new team and at this point of the season. Try and follow the value and its not advisable to bet multi's. The books love when you put on multis.

NBA League Pass has a free trial until November 6th for those that didnt know before now (me)
Sucks that they're asking for credit card details even for the free trial this season. Means that for people as unorganised as me, they will probably get a few bucks before I remember to cancel it when it expires :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back