NBA boycott games after Milwaukee Bucks boycott

Remove this Banner Ad

Context? Like a man resisting arrest and going into his car possibly getting a gun.

or context Like Australian white woman Justine Damond who was sitting on her couch watching TV when she thought someone was trying to break into her house, so she called the police for protection, when the police rocked up she ran outside and the police shot her.

I don’t know why they couldn’t subdue him, I wasn’t there. He resisted arrest and from the video I saw was storming away from the police and went to his car, he refused police orders.
Refused police orders so we’ll shoot him in the back 7 times. Yep, standard procedure. Open your eyes.

Context? Like a man resisting arrest and going into his car possibly getting a gun.

or context Like Australian white woman Justine Damond who was sitting on her couch watching TV when she thought someone was trying to break into her house, so she called the police for protection, when the police rocked up she ran outside and the police shot her.

I don’t know why they couldn’t subdue him, I wasn’t there. He resisted arrest and from the video I saw was storming away from the police and went to his car, he refused police orders.

Strong username to opinion correlation

There are reports of the players wanting to boycott the nba they've had enough of the bubble environment.

Well if it stops the Lakers winning I'll take it, still isn't a great look, they could lose a lot of fans over it.

If you read the report it says he was unarmed.

Are you sure? these are the deaths by police in the state of Wisconsin from 2013-2019 by race.

Deaths Due to Use of Lethal Force by Law Enforcement
Findings From the National Violent Death Reporting System, 17 U.S. States, 2009–2012
Victims were majority white (52%) but disproportionately black (32%) with a fatality rate 2.8 times higher among blacks than whites. Most victims were reported to be armed (83%); however, black victims were more likely to be unarmed (14.8%) than white (9.4%) or Hispanic (5.8%) victims

Refused police orders so we’ll shoot him in the back 7 times. Yep, standard procedure. Open your eyes.
No he was shot because he ran to his car, possibly getting a gun.

That’s what happens in the US. Regardless of race. They have a gun problem. Police are trained to shoot before being shot.

If you read the report it says he was unarmed.
Yeah but he stormed to his car, possibly getting a gun. Police in the US are trained to shoot before being shot themselves.

Deaths Due to Use of Lethal Force by Law Enforcement
Findings From the National Violent Death Reporting System, 17 U.S. States, 2009–2012
Victims were majority white (52%) but disproportionately black (32%) with a fatality rate 2.8 times higher among blacks than whites. Most victims were reported to be armed (83%); however, black victims were more likely to be unarmed (14.8%) than white (9.4%) or Hispanic (5.8%) victims
So 14.8% black people were unarmed, 9.4% white people were unarmed, 5.8% Hispanic were unarmed.

All percentages seem pretty high to me.

It's more complex than that, and you know it.

It is but you’re delusional if you think this makes one iota of a difference to how the police are trained etc.

I wonder if people who pay for subscriptions to watch the NBA get refunded or are they forced to protest as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No he was shot because he ran to his car, possibly getting a gun.

That’s what happens in the US. Regardless of race. They have a gun problem. Police are trained to shoot before being shot.
7 times? If you think that’s normal, you’re part of the problem

7 times? If you think that’s normal, you’re part of the problem
I think you’re part of the problem refusing to acknowledge that all races in the US get killed by the police.

The problem in the US is everyone and their dog has a gun, the police are trained to shoot before being shot. All races get shot.

In the US 2019 there were 1146 people killed by the police at a rate of 34.8 people per 10million. 28% were black, 72% were other races.

Australia 2019 4 people were killed by police at a rate of 1.7 per 10million

Why dont police killings happen here as frequent as the do in the US?

I think you’re part of the problem refusing to acknowledge that all races in the US get killed by the police.

The problem in the US is everyone and their dog has a gun, the police are trained to shoot before being shot. All races get shot.

In the US 2019 there were 1146 people killed by the police at a rate of 34.8 people per 10million. 28% were black, 72% were other races.

Australia 2019 4 people were killed by police at a rate of 1.7 per 10million

Why dont police killings happen here as frequent as the do in the US?

I mean if you want to dig into police deaths in Australia you might want to look at the rate of indigenous deaths in prison

I mean if you want to dig into police deaths in Australia you might want to look at the rate of indigenous deaths in prison
Yeah 16% deaths in Australian Prisons are indigenous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back