NBA boycott games after Milwaukee Bucks boycott

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh the ******* irony of this

Jared Kushner says he'll reach out to @KingJames
today. "What I'd love to see from the players in the NBA--again they have the luxury of taking a night off from work, most Americans don't...I'd like to see them start moving into concrete solutions that are productive."

Just one person inform me of the difference that the one day strike made. I’ll wait. Don’t rush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This thread is clear evidence of the difference the strike has made.

Understand that with all playoff teams in the bubble, a strike/delay is far easier to mobilise because all players can talk face to face about this issue and gain support from their colleagues.
The purpose is to first generate awareness as from that awareness comes change.

Hope I didn’t rush too fast for you.

Yes normal people.

The kind that get up, go to work and don't have time to be political partisan hacks.

If you're a political party fan Boi you have mental issues

That's why the largest block in America is the people who don't vote.

Who is a political party fanboi?
Fact of life is its a coin flip. you get heads or tails.

Which one you get in australia makes minimal difference.
Over there its the difference between sanity and having a clown during a pandemic that has killed 180k people and race riots which are only escalating.

Imagine real leadership at this point, regardless of party.

Good on them if they are protecting their properties and livelihood from scumbag crims if that's what they are doing.

They drove for 100s of miles and often have NOTHING to do with the city theyre in. Probably the same people from Portland and Minny
You're such an obvious boot-licking apologist, its sad.

Locking kids up in cages, Trump apparently does it he's evil. Obama does it, give him a Nobel peace prize.

See the total bullshit double standards at play here? See the false picture created of the Democrats?

The kids in cages debate is dumb and wrong once again.

Obama did lock kids in the cage centres.
Did he separate families, deliberately and meticulously? No.
Did he lose over 1200 children, probably mostly to child traffickers BECAUSE of separation from families? No.

Once again you're lacking facts and context.

The double standards are because the situations are totally different.

Slave mentality is when 97% of a people vote for a political party whose history is why they are as they are now.

It's the largest incidence of Stockholm Syndrome in world history.

If a political party brutalized and oppressed your ancestors and had such a vile racist history would you ever vote for that party?

Imagine thinking the Democrat party of 50+ years ago are the same as today.

Maybe check the racial breakdown of each party and come back to me.

Your arguments are the same old conservative talking points which can be debunked by a minor.

Oh the ******* irony of this

Jared Kushner says he'll reach out to @KingJames
today. "What I'd love to see from the players in the NBA--again they have the luxury of taking a night off from work, most Americans don't...I'd like to see them start moving into concrete solutions that are productive."

So the Trump's noticed.

I guess the protest worked :think:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who is a political party fanboi?
Fact of life is its a coin flip. you get heads or tails.

Which one you get in australia makes minimal difference.
Over there its the difference between sanity and having a clown during a pandemic that has killed 180k people and race riots which are only escalating.

Imagine real leadership at this point, regardless of party.

The difference is who you do or don't vote for. That's where the power for change either appears or disappears.

How dumb are black people who vote for and endorse this POS who created a large chunk of the issues at hand now.

On one hand they are crying for change and then they go endorse the dickhead behind a lot of the issues. That's just plain moronic.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    52.8 KB · Views: 28
So... the effects of systemic racism.

Show the stats?

Unemployment rates have spiked for all racial groups due to covid, but are higher for black americans
Employment/population ratio... lower for black cf whites and hispanics
Representation in professional and managerial jobs? Lower for blacks, and worse for Latino's (oddly higher for the Asian population)
Heck just look at the NBA for head coach and GM roles
Wages? Black wages are 62% of white americans
Per capita income - 42% lower
Poverty rates? 12% higher
Household wealth - stagnant for the last 30 years. White americans outnumber black americans by 6x yet hold 117x the wealth
Gender gap - pay is significantly lower for black and hispanics
Representation in advanced school classes - significantly higher for whites
Percentages with college degrees - 13% disparity.
From a lower educated household? Good luck going to college, Hispanics an blacks are 18 and 15% vs 24% for whites
Want a home loan? denial rates for all ethnicities are higher than white americans
Which means home ownership is lower for all ethnicities of course (73% vs 49 and 44)
What about prisons? Percentage of the population imprisoned is significantly higher. 12% of the population is black whilst 33% of all prisoners are black
But why are they going to jail? Imprisonment for marijuana charges is 3.6x higher for black than white americans, even with decriminalization
Police shootings? Rate is 2.5x higher for blacks than whites, hispanics are higher than whites too

CEO representation? By far the lowest representation
Government representation? While the 116th Congress, which came into session after the 2018 midterm elections, was the most diverse ever, only 57 of the current 535 voting members of Congress are Black.

And then other things start to come into play - deaths during birth - higher for black women.
% deaths of covid, higher for black people
Life expectancy - higher for whites
Cardiovascular health - higher for blacks, and studies suggest that is due to stress related responses - which can potentially be triggered by other things mentioned here

But slavery was so long ago right?
Well as an Australian, its not so long ago that we were taking children from indigenous families. And these effects multiple with every generation. You only need to look at the gender gap to see how long it takes policies to shift things.

But black people commit more crimes, its no wonder they are in jail more?
The enactment of anti-drug legislation (i.e., 1986 Anti-Drug Abuse Act) instituting mandatory minimum sentences and more severe punishment for crack versus powder forms of cocaine has severely and disproportionately impacted Blacks. While Whites are more likely to be convicted of powder cocaine crimes carrying more lenient penalties, Blacks are far more likely to be convicted of crack cocaine offenses. At the same time, population-based surveys indicate that use of crack and other illicit drugs among Blacks is similar to, or even lower than, that among Whites

A study published last month of nearly 100 million traffic stops by police departments nationwide found that black drivers were far more likely to be pulled over than white drivers. But, interestingly, the difference becomes smaller at night, when it’s harder for police to see the race of the driver. Coincidence?

The black arrest rate was at least twice as high as that for whites for disorderly conduct, drug possession, simple assault, theft, vagrancy and vandalism.

But they dont work as hard to get a good paying job to buy a house?
Federal mortgage lending programs helped white Americans buy homes after World War II, but black Americans suffered from a shameful catch-22. Federal policy said that the very presence of a black resident in a neighborhood reduced the value of the homes there, effectively prohibiting African-American residents from borrowing money to buy a home. And as we all know, boomers benefited greatly from the house price booms, jumping them up the wealth ladder

So work hard at school then?
Black children are more likely to attend under resourced schools, thanks to a reliance on local property taxes for funding

Well why not vote the leaders out then?
I thin we have seen from earlier posts that the choice between Republican and Democrat is a poisoned chalice, both parties flock to their bases, which happens to be middle age white people. And lets not even go into gerrymandering

Now you can argue that its a personal choice, or its education, or its not working for your opportunity or whatever, but its pretty obvious (at least to me) that the deck is stacked a little harder against people of ethnicity compared to me, a middle of the road white male, and worse in America.

Imagine thinking the Democrat party of 50+ years ago are the same as today.

Maybe check the racial breakdown of each party and come back to me.

Your arguments are the same old conservative talking points which can be debunked by a minor.

Racial breakdown means nothing. Stockholm Syndrome.

It's nothing to do with conservatives. It's to do with logic.

It's illogical to even want to associate with any organisation that has such an evil past.

The only way you would is if you weren't that smart and easily duped.

It's illogical to even want to associate with any organisation that has such an evil past.

Any danger you might discuss the current issues at hand?

So you say theyre duped by the democrats, who a) try to represent them physically and b) at least appear to have their interests at heart.

Whats the alternative? Literally support the people that want you dead?

I am. I'm referring to the most racist organisation in the history of the US that has played the biggest part in where the problems we see on 2020 have come from.

There needs to be a 3rd moderate centre party created in the US to advance real change.

Seriously you should stop talking.
The more you do, the dumber you sound.

The KKK STRONGLY endorse trump and the republicans.
In fact every single openly racist organisation openly supports Trump and the republicans.

The hilarious part is you think theres space between the parties? The problem is theyre both so similar.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back