Discussion NBA Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thought I’d start a NBA thread - Only recently got into it 2-3 years ago - Decided to support Phoenix Suns as I like the underdog obviously:p

Who do you go for & why?

Can’t wait for it to be up & running again!

Go Suns!:blacksunrays:

Thought I’d start a NBA thread - Only recently got into it 2-3 years ago - Decided to support Phoenix Suns as I like the underdog obviously:p

Who do you go for & why?

Philly because of the great AI. We made the mistake of allowing Jimmy Buckets to walk, instead keeping cuck Simmons and Harris. We lack the swagger and straight up dirty dog of AI 😪
Hoping for a surprise this off season!
1628937103029.gif

76ers because I supported the Eagles in the NFL long before it so just went with the same city.

I used to like the Timberwolves growing up too, just because of KG. And as a kid I thought a timber wolf was a cool and scary animal. I was real wanky

Bulls fan, started with Jordan. Loving our pick-ups this last few moths with Ball, De Rozan, Caruso and Vucovic. Should go well with lavine, white and Williams and hopefully markenen hangs around

Bulls too.

When Ch 10 used to show games on Saturday mornings back in the late 80’s there was a Bulls Pistons game on one morning (reckon is was late 88)

The Pistons were dominating but a bloke wearing a red white & black #23 stood out. Jumped on board then, got a pair of Air Jordan 4’s the next year after saving up my paper round cash & got to enjoy the glory years.

Finally some great work by Artunas last week. Hope they trade Markenaan though. Need a big aggressive body coming off the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulls too.

When Ch 10 used to show games on Saturday mornings back in the late 80’s there was a Bulls Pistons game on one morning (reckon is was late 88)

The Pistons were dominating but a bloke wearing red white & black stood out.
Dave Corzine?

The Malice At The Palace doco on Netflix is worth a watch for what it’s worth!
Watched that on Friday - was a ripper. It's part of a 5 part series, each episode is a different moment in sport.

That Pacers team was insane though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

6ers, came for simmons, stayed for jojo/maxey/thybulle/shake (when he's on)
Yep I joined sixers too under the same circumstances, chose them in 2017-18 coz Ben was from Melbourne but wow Jojo fast overtook him as my favourite player. His arrogance on and off the court is just mixed perfectly with a level of self-awareness and piss-taking, "Troel" Embiid is genuinely box office entertainment. Also wow Matisse on defense is just something else, just wish we got to see him play more minutes.

Who do you go for & why?

Good taste in teams, GM :)

I started supporting the Suns around 07-08 (around the time One HD was showing some live games in conjunction with ESPN). Mainly because of the Point God Steve Nash. He was just an absolute baller, plus the kits are sexy AF.

When it comes NBA, players move too much, and a player being 1/5th of the team I’ve never stuck with one team.
I’ve got 4 on the go ATM 😝

The Bucks are my team in the east, just because I like green.
Been following Giannis since he came in and was stoked with the Win for him after all the work he’s put in. Been so frustrating to see them fail the 2 years before that.

In the West My main team is the pels.
Just follow New Orleans because I’m a diehard saints fan NFL.
Love me some Zion, although like AD if he leaves he is dead to me.

Also following the jazz, had a soft spot for them since the mailman’s days, and they have a good side right now, Gobert a great defence, Love Donovan Mitchell, and slow joe adds some Aussie interest.

last but not least.
Huge fan of this dude.

Good colours at the blazers too.

Cant stand the mercenary teams from the big cities.
Especially hate the Lakers.

Last edited:
Get a lot of younger guys who try and argue for Kobe or lebron.

Yeah it's interesting. IMO the list is something like:

MJ

LeBron

Wilt
Kobe
Shaq
Kareem
Magic

Hakeem
Russell
Bird
Malone

Probably missing a few there but the NBA has generated some unbelievable athletes over the years.

Yeah it's interesting. IMO the list is something like:

MJ

LeBron

Wilt
Kobe
Shaq
Kareem
Magic

Hakeem
Russell
Bird
Malone

Probably missing a few there but the NBA has generated some unbelievable athletes over the years.
Tim Duncan's probably one you missed - I didn't get into basketball young enough to watch him play but resume speaks for itself

Remove this Banner Ad

Back