NBA Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks like no one is interested in Odom.

Apparently they offered him and a draft pick for Baron Davis but the Hornets baulked, saying they would prefer Darius Miles.

Originally posted by phatandphreaky
It looks like no one is interested in Odom.

Apparently they offered him and a draft pick for Baron Davis but the Hornets baulked, saying they would prefer Darius Miles.

This is why i thought the Clippers were the worst of the lot on draft day. They picked up Ely and i think Wilcox...both SF, PF type player in the exact mould of Odom. They did this thinking they could move Odom, but i dont think they can and if they do they will end up giving him up for little in return.

I think they may have to give Odom away cheap, or package him with one of the rookies.

Even then, if they get anything decent they will be a pretty decent team.

And it's not often you can say that about the Clippers.

Originally posted by Booze Hound
I think they may have to give Odom away cheap, or package him with one of the rookies.

Even then, if they get anything decent they will be a pretty decent team.

And it's not often you can say that about the Clippers.

If they trade or Odom or not they will still be decent next year...playoffs are a possibility but Houston will be alot better so there will be even more competition for the final few spots in the West.

The Clips suck. They will never be any good because of their owner, he doesn't care whether they win or lose, he's not after a championship, he just out to make money.

I bet they lose a few free agents this summer, the Kandi man must be on the move, I can't see Sterling matching any offer for him.

Originally posted by Showbag
The Clips suck. They will never be any good because of their owner, he doesn't care whether they win or lose, he's not after a championship, he just out to make money.

yep.. who cares about wins, when they already play before packed to capacity full-houses, are raking it in with record sales of the #52 Piatkowski jersey :p

Originally posted by jod23

He is actually listed at 163 pounds. Not a bad pickup, he can score which is what the Wizards need, he isnt a true PG which is probably what Washington need but some of his highlights are encouraging...

-Named First Team All-America by The Associated Press as a senior.
-Voted the 2002 ACC Player of the Year, garnering more votes than AP National Player of the Year Jason Williams of Duke.
-Joined Albert King, the late Len Bias and Joe Smith (Minnesota Timberwolves) as only Maryland players to capture ACC Player of the Year honors.
-Named Most Outstanding Player of the NCAA Final Four after leading Maryland to school’s first men’s basketball national championship.
-Became Maryland’s all-time scoring leader when he scored 29 points against Wisconsin to help Terps advance to Sweet Sixteen, passing Bias (2,149 points).
-Finished No. 2 all-time in steals at Maryland with 333.
-Only player in NCAA history to accumulate 2,000 points, 300 steals and 200 three-point field goals.
-Joined John Lucas (head coach of Cleveland Cavaliers) as only Terps to be named All-ACC First Team three consecutive seasons.
-Won 110 games, the most by any Maryland player.

Not too bad at all.

Dixon will be the biggest bust ever. He is a 6'3 SG who cant play PG at all, he should be prepared for some serious pine in his career.

I dont know why u rave on about this bust, when you should talk about the steal of Rod Grizzard.

Juan Dixon -Mid 2nd rd quality...if that

Originally posted by Tyson J- Curry

Dixon will be the biggest bust ever. He is a 6'3 SG who cant play PG at all, he should be prepared for some serious pine in his career.

I dont know why u rave on about this bust, when you should talk about the steal of Rod Grizzard.

Time will tell.

The Clippers are the biggest joke in the NBA

The Clippers were the biggest joke in the NBA. Brand is a fair player to build a team around. What were da Bulls thinking?

Originally posted by Dingster

The Clippers were the biggest joke in the NBA. Brand is a fair player to build a team around. What were da Bulls thinking?

Still are the biggest joke, will they even re-sign Brand?? maybe theyll offer him 5 million a year or something :D

Actually, I say the Bulls won the Brand-Chandler trade.

Not only did it help us get the #2 pick this year, but Chandler will be a superstar. In his last months of the season, he was matching some other high schoolers in Stats in rookie season, such as T-MAC, Kobe and Garnett.

Brand also said he would leave as a free agent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by Dingster

Well it wasnt there best move, even though Chandler will probably turn out to be quite good, what would have being wrong with Curry and Brand instead of Chandler and Curry.

Either way I think the Bulls will be quite good in years to come with Chandler, Curry and now Williams. May even be decent next season?

Originally posted by jod23

Well it wasnt there best move, even though Chandler will probably turn out to be quite good, what would have being wrong with Curry and Brand instead of Chandler and Curry.

Either way I think the Bulls will be quite good in years to come with Chandler, Curry and now Williams. May even be decent next season?

Jod, Chandler will defently be better than Brand. Krause knew even if Brand had a 20-10 season, the Bulls would still suck, so he traded him for a player who has the potential to be a top 5 player in the NBA. Brand is also after a max contract after this season.

Look at why Cleveland are shopping Andre around, same reason.

Lakers have just signed the first round pick, Rush. There's a lot of nice talk about this guy which is encouraging, but why the Lakers picked another Guard, when most of the their deficiencies lie in the forwards is beyond me. Maybe Shaw is about to leave.

Originally posted by DEVO
Lakers have just signed the first round pick, Rush. There's a lot of nice talk about this guy which is encouraging, but why the Lakers picked another Guard, when most of the their deficiencies lie in the forwards is beyond me. Maybe Shaw is about to leave.

Rush was a great pick up, an absolute steal for the lakers. If a player is that good, and u can pick him up in a trade where you lose Jeffries (ok, the guy will be a good defensive player), and Hunter (LOL) then why the hell not.

I feel sorry for you lakers fans, even though yous will be up there again this year..Samaki Walker excesized his option, and will stay a laker...LOL!

Rush was a great pick up, an absolute steal for the lakers. If a player is that good, and u can pick him up in a trade where you lose Jeffries (ok, the guy will be a good defensive player), and Hunter (LOL) then why the hell not.

I feel sorry for you lakers fans, even though yous will be up there again this year..Samaki Walker excesized his option, and will stay a laker...LOL!

I have no problems with Walker staying on another season, he did some pretty good things during the year. My biggest gripe with him was his lack of consistancy, but hopefully that will improve with a season of Lakerball under his belt.

Im a bit late to come into this thread!

But as a Heat fan Im ecstatic we got Caron Butler

EXACTLY what we needed! Think of 2001 as the year the Heat had to have much like the Spurs did the year before they picked up Tim Duncan ;)

We'll be back :D

Time will tell.

Don't take this personally but just going through some of the classic old threads and well... Time has told... he was a spud.

For those reading my post, go and read the rest of the thread! It's old skool!! :eek:

Lol at Chandler being a top 5 player in the league.

Funny how Juan Dixon was the most discussed player in the thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back