Southeast:
Atlanta
Charlotte
Miami
Orlando
Washington

60f286d23318210bee9df49471a3cd1e.jpg.png

Last edited:

all that map does is remind of how so many good logos are now just ancient history..

You don't like every logo being the same circle?

I think this works the best

Pacific:
Golden State
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
Portland
Sacramento
Seattle

South:
Dallas
Houston
Memphis
New Orleans
San Antonio

Southwest:
Denver
Las Vegas
Oklahoma City
Phoenix
Utah

Atlantic:
Boston
Brooklyn
New York
Philadelphia
Toronto

Central:
Chicago
Cleveland
Detroit
Indiana
Milwaukee
Minnesota

Southeast:
Atlanta
Charlotte
Miami
Orlando
Washington

View attachment 1319536

If they ever had to have one team switch conferences it has to be Minny, have always thought so. Their biggest geographical rivalry is with Milwaukee, yet they're in separate conferences. Not even within cooee of another western conference team.

Memphis would be the other candidate, but it's easier to keep them in the south western divisionn (should just be southern) based on geography. The Northwest division has never made any sense anyway, what with Seattle moving to Oklahoma.

Tbh I wouldn't be upset if they went back to four divisions, two in each conference - Atlantic coast and Central in the East, and Pacific and Southern in the West. Division titles actually used to mean something back in the day, at present they're just obsolete relics.

If they ever had to have one team switch conferences it has to be Minny, have always thought so. Their biggest geographical rivalry is with Milwaukee, yet they're in separate conferences. Not even within cooee of another western conference team.

Memphis would be the other candidate, but it's easier to keep them in the south western divisionn (should just be southern) based on geography. The Northwest division has never made any sense anyway, what with Seattle moving to Oklahoma.

Tbh I wouldn't be upset if they went back to four divisions, two in each conference - Atlantic coast and Central in the East, and Pacific and Southern in the West. Division titles actually used to mean something back in the day, at present they're just obsolete relics.

Yeah I though the division talk might be a moot point, and the bigger argument would be which west team becomes east, but I'm pretty sure the schedule still relies on divisions to create the number of matchups you have with each team so they still serve a purpose.

Didn't think about condensing the divisions back to 2, that could also work well.

Seattle and Las Vegas are almost certainly the go for the new TV deal.

I'm curious how much adding these two will change divisions/conferences.
Two very much Western teams, which would mean you're either going with a 15/17 East-West split or one West team will be moving to the Eastern conference to even it out.

The closest West teams to the East are Minnesota, Memphis and New Orleans. Minnesota would be Central while Memphis or New Orleans would be Southeast, could maybe even move the Wizards to Atlantic as well since that makes more geographical sense.

Seattle would be Northwest as it stands but maybe the Blazers and Seattle become Pacific, with Vegas as Northwest and Phoenix joining either Northwest or Southwest.

Or just drop Seattle in Northwest and Vegas in Pacific and call it a job done.

View attachment 1319533
NBA shouldn’t give Las Vegas a team. That’s disaster written all over it.

32 teams should be 4 divisions of 8 like it was in the 90s. Well it was 2 divisions per conference anyway. Having split conferences of 5 and 6 team divisions is messy. 4 divisions of 4 teams per conference also nice and even, but not sure if 8 x 4 has any benefit over 4 x 8.

Pacific:

Golden State
LAL
LAC
Portland
Sacramento
Seattle
Phoenix
Las Vegas

Southwest:
Utah
Denver
Dallas
Houston
San Antonio
Oklahoma City
New Orleans
Memphis

Atlantic:
Boston
Brooklyn
New York
Philadelphia
Charlotte
Washington
Orlando
Miami

Central:
Chicago
Cleveland
Detroit
Indiana
Milwaukee
Minnesota
Atlanta
Toronto

The current 30 teams don't really split evenly east/west. Minnesota, Memphis (via Vancouver eh?) and New Orleans are only in the Western Conference because it's convenient. There are a dozen states in the middle of the country with no team so if you are an odd one out like Utah, Denver and OKC you are going to get plonked in a division with teams that aren't right on your doorstep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back