NBA Finals Game 7 thread: Warriors vs Cavs

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, nah. Maybe watch the games again.
So the Cavs didnt constantly run the offense so Curry got switched onto defending Irving or James? (because Golden state try to hide him off the ball on as much as possible)

I'm not knocking the guy, you cant expect him (with his size and frame) to guard those guys (Irving, Westbrook, Lillard, Paul,...and good PG).
I am just sick of people ignoring his deficiencies because he is the best shooter anybody has ever seen.

Yeah he gets a lot of steals but he has to gamble when defending on-ball because of his size, there is a reason Klay guards the main opposition guards.
Durant and Westbrook laughed about people praising curry's defense in their press conference

I'm a cavs fan and I call BS. You cannot luck your way to a championship and a 73-9 record. They are an amazing team. Only problem is the other team had the best player in the world on it and he isn't JUST a great player (like Kobe), he's now also a great leader and a great team mate

I didnt say they are not a fantastic team, I didnt say they were lucky to have the best regular season record of all time.
I said they got lucky last year in the playoffs. Every opponent they had (not saying they wouldnt of won anyway who knows) was missing their Point Guard.
From memory the Pels had no Holiday, Grizzles had no Conley, Clippers had no Paul and the Cavs were missing Irving.
This year Lillard, Westbrook and Irving all dined out playing through Curry, btw most teams dont have much trouble scoring on GS they just cannot defend them.
It takes a total team effort of manic switching that includes the big sometimes ending up on islands on the perimeter, why would the spurs,cavs thunder waste their energy with that in the regular season?

A team that lost 9 out of 82 games lost 9 games in the playoffs alone why is that?

So the Cavs didnt constantly run the offense so Curry got switched onto defending Irving or James? (because Golden state try to hide him off the ball on as much as possible)

I'm not knocking the guy, you cant expect him (with his size and frame) to guard those guys (Irving, Westbrook, Lillard, Paul,...and good PG).
I am just sick of people ignoring his deficiencies because he is the best shooter anybody has ever seen.

Yeah he gets a lot of steals but he has to gamble when defending on-ball because of his size, there is a reason Klay guards the main opposition guards.
Durant and Westbrook laughed about people praising curry's defense in their press conference
They did it in game 6 and 7 and it had mixed success. In game 7 they tried it a heap, but it definitely wasn't as effective as Cleveland would have liked. They just ended up chewing a lot of clock instead of having a flowing offence. The Cavs made huge plays defensively and did the bare minimum offensively to get the win. People like you are making out like Curry is revolving door on defence like Harden is, but he's not. He reaches too much sometimes and can't effectively stay in front of the better point guards in the league, but who can? How quickly people have forgotten that Curry had no issues at all on the switches in the earlier games in the series, even when LeBron had the ball. The thing that hurt the Warriors most in the final few games was Bogut getting injured because that made the room for error in defending James and Irving incredibly small.

LeBron can get to the rim at will and didn't have to worry about Bogut's presence anymore. That and Irving's crazy shot making did them over. The stats were favourable for Curry when him and Irving actually went head to head so it's pretty ridiculous all the carry on about his defence.

Nobody has ever tried to claim he's Gary Payton, but he's certainly not James Harden either. If he was the Warriors would be so much worse defensively.

As for chucking Westbrook in the same line about Curry being dominated by him and Irving, I hope that's a pisstake and you missed the Thunder series. He torched Westbrook offensively when it mattered, and Westbrook pretty much lost the plot anytime he had a chance to go at Curry. The stats were in Curry's favour with ease.

I have always said Curry is just an average, or slightly better than average, defensive point guard.

Numbers clearly showed Westbrook struggled when being guarded by Curry. That's what I was talking about when saying you should rewatch the games. I have posted the actual numbers previously. I forget the exact numbers, but Westbrook shot about 35% when being guarded by Curry.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back