NBA Finals Game 7 thread: Warriors vs Cavs

Remove this Banner Ad

Happy with that win, really tense to watch, but LeBron's epic block and Kyrie's dagger won them the game. Particularly against a team like Golden State that just strike when they get a good vibe going.

Legacy wise, you would think this would put LeBron as a clear number 2 when putting together your all-time list. This championship is one that carries more weight than most others won in recent times.

I think the long ridiculed people that suggested Curry & GS got lucky last year have been justified.
Curry cannot defend s**t, Westbrook and Irving destroyed him.

Yeah scoring 26ppg is shithouse.

Good one.........

Curry posted a PER of 20.9 and 17.7 in the 2014-15 and 2015-16 NBA Finals, respectively. Good for a number two or three option but hardly what you'd expect from an MVP.

Irving, by comparison, had a PER of 25.6.

Skip Bayless went on a troll spree on twitter during game 7 but he's right on one thing.

"Steph got a little too full of himself. Klay (up 2-0) said this team could beat Magic's Lakers. Draymond went over the edge."

The way Steph was carrying on in game 2 showed no respect to Cleveland. Then Mrs Curry started spitting s**t on twitter. Distractioned from the main objective. They lost focus and forget they were entitled to win.

You can tell how much it meant to LeBron bringing the championship to Cleveland. It's refreshing to see emotion like that. A lot of players are in it for themselves these days with no real connection to the team they play for, he is Cleveland.

I think the long ridiculed people that suggested Curry & GS got lucky last year have been justified.
Curry cannot defend s**t, Westbrook and Irving destroyed him.
I'm a cavs fan and I call BS. You cannot luck your way to a championship and a 73-9 record. They are an amazing team. Only problem is the other team had the best player in the world on it and he isn't JUST a great player (like Kobe), he's now also a great leader and a great team mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Skip Bayless went on a troll spree on twitter during game 7 but he's right on one thing.

"Steph got a little too full of himself. Klay (up 2-0) said this team could beat Magic's Lakers. Draymond went over the edge."

The way Steph was carrying on in game 2 showed no respect to Cleveland. Then Mrs Curry started spitting s**t on twitter. Distractioned from the main objective. They lost focus and forget they were entitled to win.

People will jump on Klay saying they could beat the Lakers. But you do realize that he said it because his Dad played there. He wasn't even the one who was asked the question. He interrupted with a big smirk on his face. That was just family rivalry thing.

Klay was horrible in the series though. Sad, because he was probably the second best player in the playoffs this season heading into the Finals.

Curry posted a PER of 20.9 and 17.7 in the 2014-15 and 2015-16 NBA Finals, respectively. Good for a number two or three option but hardly what you'd expect from an MVP.

Irving, by comparison, had a PER of 25.6.
Last year he was much better after he figured out the trap, so I assume his PER would have been pretty good in the remainder of the series.

This year he couldn't even shake Tristan Thompson while cutting or dribbling, which says a lot about where is lateral movement must have been at. I thought he looked okay in the Portland and OKC series but he literally couldn't get to the basket or get any real easy looks when Thompson defended him which is saying something. Thompson isn't a slouch defensively, but Curry wasn't even bothered by Kawhi Leonard in the regular season.

He doesn't get a pass for being injured, but it clearly affected him. He should have made far better decisions with his shots in game 7 though. He showed he could still get to the rim, but literally thought three and only three which is bizarre because what makes him such a tough player to stop is his ability to go to the basket a fair bit, and then start shooting threes again once the defence reacts to that better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back