stunt_show

Debutant
Nov 25, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Alright, the time has come...

Can I please get some discussion / indication of whether anyone in here collects (yes, collects) NBA games on video or dvd? I know this is a truly sad pastime, but I admit giving about 10-15 years of my life towards collecting (on and off) NBA games on video....

In fact, I have just started (this past week) the extremely long process of converting these games from tape onto DVD...

I have around 500-600 tapes full of NBA from about 1989 (some earlier) through to 1998 (Jordan's near peak / prime years)...included in this era are an absolute heap of NBA Action episodes...during Jordan's term in the NBA (around the first and then second three-peat) I would have only missed taping a handful of NBA Action programs.

Also, I have a considerable number of games direct from a company called PonTel (www.pontel.com) who produce officially licenced NBA game tapes (dvd's now) - I would have upwards of 100 of these tapes, 95% of them are Bulls games from throughout the 2nd threepeat.

Anyhow, enough crapping on - let's get some discussion going. Do we have any traders in here?

To answer (in advance) a possible question I might receive, I do not have a "list" as such of what I have on tape - however, my memory is pretty spot on with the collection, so if you want to know if I have a certain game, just describe it or something that happens in it and I will tell you if I have it or not.

Also, I do have non-Jordan games, including (are you listening Devo?) Magic Johnson's comeback game v Golden State (where he faked Sprewell into the 3rd row on a drive to the basket).

Apr 18, 2003
The Room
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My 'collection' is nowhere near that big - I don't actively seek out or trade basketball games...but if it was on channel 10 between 93-99 then I've probably got it on tape somewhere...For some reason or other, I just couldn't bring myself to tape over older games each week.
I've got so many NBA Actions I'm pretty sure I can memorise each episode (heck, the 'Holding Court' feature was basically the same against-all-odds story each week, just with a different player).
I've got a lot of other crap on tape too...Inside stuffs, miscellaneous bball reports - e.g. Chris Webber starting his 'Take Time Out' programme, Steve Carfino interviewing Shaq - that sort of rubbish.
I was so desperate, I even used to tape Sports Tonight reports for the bball h/lights.

Got a lot of college games as well, including such favourites as Darnell Mee at Western Kentucky going head-to-head with Sam Cassell and Final 4 MOP Donald Williams (whatever happened to that guy?).

stunt_show

Debutant
Nov 25, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
Hans Moleman,

Thanks for at least commenting and replying to my post. What a lousy response rate - 47 views and only 1 reply. That's a percentage almost equal to the Chicago Bulls winning ratio this season.

Come on people - surely more of you out there have some games you collect or either want to trade to build up more? Or am I the only sad one here who wants to discuss this openly? :)

Renegade

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Knicks, Yankees
Most of my tapes are from the mid ninties until last yr. Mostly Knick games, a few post Jordan Bulls games as well. A few of the 93/94 Knicks vs Rockets Finals series games.
Later on mostly games involving which ever team Mase was on at the time, so a few Hornets, Heat and Bucks games.

I have about 100 or so games, mostly on video, mostly Lakers V Celtics from the eighties. I'm not sure of their condition as some of the tapes are twenty years old, and have been in storage for some time.

Some of the games I have (or had depending on the condition of the tapes) are:

entire 1984, 1985 & 1987 Finals Series.
Michigan V Indiana in 1979 (Condition very poor)
Magic and Birds first match up at Boston Gardens 1980

I should look at converting these to DVD. :eek:

stunt_show

Debutant
Nov 25, 2004
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
jod23 said:
I do have a ton of Jordan games on tape also...lots from the 96, 97 and 98 finals. And plenty of regular season games.

---

Jod23 - come on down! I have an absolute posse of Jordan games on video.

If you are interested in getting some, message me with some of the key ones you are after and I can tell you if I have them...

I am more than happy to convert them from VHS to DVD for you, for a decent price - we'll work something out if you (or anyone else) are interested...

Feb 13, 2004
Vic
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
The Mongrel Punt
I've got a heap, stretching fromlate 80's to current day. Probably about 300 or so, give or take.

Off the top of my head, I have

MJ's 69 point game vs Cleveland
About 5 other Jordan 50+ point games
Barkley torching GSW for 56 in the playoffs
Reggie dropping 58
Webber hitting 52/26 vs Indiana
Triple OT Bulls v Suns finals match up

Plus a massive amount of ones I can't be stuffed listing. If you want my list, e-mail me. hbm@alphalink.com.au

VanExel31

Draftee
Jul 5, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Hey all,

I have a website listing all of my Basketball games on DVD. I have over 1000 games on DVD, I also trade with other NBA game collectors all over the world.

I mainly collect games featuring Nick Van Exel, to see my site visit:

http://bradssportgames.weebly.com

I have heaps of MJ games, Boomers games dating back to 88 soeul olympics against D. Robinson and the USA, NBL games, Magic Johnson's tour of Australia games ect. Email me through my site if interested in anything I have.

VanExel31

Draftee
Jul 5, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
cheers, saw Nick play in college and became a fan straight away. I loved the good old days when NVE was starting PG of the Lakers and Miner had 2 healthy knees. Oh how I miss 90's basketball....

VanExel31

Draftee
Jul 5, 2010
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
I cant believe all these Van Exel fans out there (2)!. I thought I was one of the only people in the world who remembered him, I get constant crap from mates about liking Van Exel. If I had a dollar for every time a friend tells me Derek Fisher is better I would be rich!.

Jul 6, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal, Pacers
How about the time Van Exel and Nash dropped all those points on the Spurs in that playoff game...I remember watching it at uni...I think Duncan missed a pretty easy game winning chance...2003/04? That was mental.

kwame

Premiership Player
Suspended
Jan 8, 2009
b-more
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
lakers
[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/a77Bh0vUPeY&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/a77Bh0vUPeY&amp;hl=en_GB&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

knicksfan89

Draftee
Dec 11, 2007
london
AFL Club
Carlton
I've got a heap, stretching fromlate 80's to current day. Probably about 300 or so, give or take.

Reggie dropping 58

Plus a massive amount of ones I can't be stuffed listing. If you want my list, e-mail me. hbm@alphalink.com.au

what is your new email address as I maybe interested in the videos

Marzman

Draftee
Jan 5, 2011
Hampton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I love the NBA and have quite a few games on DVD ranging from 80's, 90's and 00's. All on DVD now, no more VHS. Like Stunt_Show a majority are Bulls games. I have quite a few games from 2003-04 onwards.

I would love some GSW Webber games if possible as he was my fav player growing up.

my email address is marzz417@yahoo.com.au

let me know some prices as I'm very interested in trading NBA games.

Marzman

Draftee
Jan 5, 2011
Hampton
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Reggie dropping 58

Let me know your new email address, looks like you have some games I want ! If you want a list of games I have, let me know.

Marzman

Draftee
Jan 5, 2011
Hampton
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Alright, the time has come...

Can I please get some discussion / indication of whether anyone in here collects (yes, collects) NBA games on video or dvd? I know this is a truly sad pastime, but I admit giving about 10-15 years of my life towards collecting (on and off) NBA games on video....

In fact, I have just started (this past week) the extremely long process of converting these games from tape onto DVD...

I have around 500-600 tapes full of NBA from about 1989 (some earlier) through to 1998 (Jordan's near peak / prime years)...included in this era are an absolute heap of NBA Action episodes...during Jordan's term in the NBA (around the first and then second three-peat) I would have only missed taping a handful of NBA Action programs.

Also, I have a considerable number of games direct from a company called PonTel (www.pontel.com) who produce officially licenced NBA game tapes (dvd's now) - I would have upwards of 100 of these tapes, 95% of them are Bulls games from throughout the 2nd threepeat.

Anyhow, enough crapping on - let's get some discussion going. Do we have any traders in here?

To answer (in advance) a possible question I might receive, I do not have a "list" as such of what I have on tape - however, my memory is pretty spot on with the collection, so if you want to know if I have a certain game, just describe it or something that happens in it and I will tell you if I have it or not.

Also, I do have non-Jordan games, including (are you listening Devo?) Magic Johnson's comeback game v Golden State (where he faked Sprewell into the 3rd row on a drive to the basket).

Stunt_Show, email me marzz417@yahoo.com.au and we can discuss trading, you probably got all my Bulls games though

serrra

Draftee
Oct 21, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Hello. I know this thread is inactive, but I'll try anyway. I collect NBA games on DVD
NBA
mediafire.com/file/nz5waw0u8vynsz0/NBA.xlsx/file
Football (soccer)
mediafire.com/file/0s6knf66jzdrbs4/Football_-_DVD.xlsx/file
Other events
mediafire.com/file/zgf5p88f7dg9wug/Darts_-_Tennis_-_Hockey.docx/file

If you want to trade (I trade via uploads on MEGA wetransfer or any other resource), you can contact me yserail@gmail.com

Back