Nba has become the national bitch association

Remove this Banner Ad

Chunky09

Premiership Player
Jul 8, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Gotta say...
Not loving the nba these days, the style of the game, players getting ludicrous contracts as bit players (Luke kennard for example 56mil wtf)
The soft reffing and what is deemed a tech foul can be just an accidental head knock
The blatant favouritism of the best players (which has always been there but seems to have gone to another level last 5-10 years)
Mostly for me, it’s there seems to only be 2-3 teams each season that can legitimately win the comp, and then you have star players just wanting to join up and make super teams to get that ring.
Maybe I’m just getting to old for this sheet
Thoughts?

Gotta say...
Not loving the nba these days, the style of the game, players getting ludicrous contracts as bit players (Luke kennard for example 56mil wtf)
The soft reffing and what is deemed a tech foul can be just an accidental head knock
The blatant favouritism of the best players (which has always been there but seems to have gone to another level last 5-10 years)
Mostly for me, it’s there seems to only be 2-3 teams each season that can legitimately win the comp, and then you have star players just wanting to join up and make super teams to get that ring.
Maybe I’m just getting to old for this sheet
Thoughts?

Come join me as a Knicks fan mate and all your cares in the world about the NBA will fade into oblivion in no time at all :thumbsu:

Pretty standard that only a few teams can win it each year.

I mean look at the 80s.

Look at the 90s.

Hasn't changed. Every now and then a random team wins the Championship. One actually happened recently when the Warrior won their first Championship.

Leaving all the other stuff aside, I'd actually argue this is one thing that has gone the other way.

Star calls still happen, but star calls were rampant in other eras too. However the incredibly suspicious, super dodgy officiating that changed the course of playoff series and championships hasn't really been as big a thing since Silver took over.

Perhaps this is a result of more superteams meaning a less balanced league, but whatever the reason you'd be hard pressed to say the league has intervened on court to a greater degree than when Stern ran the league.

Leaving all the other stuff aside, I'd actually argue this is one thing that has gone the other way.

Star calls still happen, but star calls were rampant in other eras too. However the incredibly suspicious, super dodgy officiating that changed the course of playoff series and championships hasn't really been as big a thing since Silver took over.

Perhaps this is a result of more superteams meaning a less balanced league, but whatever the reason you'd be hard pressed to say the league has intervened on court to a greater degree than when Stern ran the league.
Cough kangz

Yeah your probably going right, in that the corrupt refereeing has hopefully faded away but I still feel the calls lbj harden kd curry etc get are soft when compared to what most of the players get foul shots for.

Its the National 3-point Association. Bit of a shame that coaches have stumbled across this META, but like the rolling zone in the AFL i just dont see it going away. If you are shooting only 10% worse for a 33% higher score then it makes sense.

As for the league being a bitch well its been soft for several years when hand-checking got removed.

Curry gets all the calls? Guy averages 4 and a bit free throws a game.

LeBron gets all the calls? Do you even watch basketball?
Lebron?? Absolutely, go back and watch last years playoff series,
Multiple times he steamrolled opponents (blatant charges) and got the and 1, he actually elbowed Jamal Murray in the face at one point and still got the call.
Curry I do agree though, he doesn’t get as much as lbj harden do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back