PHX

Quarterback Style
Jan 15, 2006
Oz
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Orlando Magic, Baltimore Ravens
Wait so Vpn through south africa is 67 for the year and it works fine, and you dont need the vpn to watch it?
Correct but mine was autorenewed. I've been in South Africa and Canada and Brazil in recent years to sign up and never had to use a VPN again to watch.

Talking to my mate tonight though, he's having a horror time since his credit card expired and when he logs into LP to subscribe he gets geo-blocked. So LP has definitely upgraded something to make using a VPN to sign up much more difficult.

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2007
somewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Correct but mine was autorenewed. I've been in South Africa and Canada and Brazil in recent years to sign up and never had to use a VPN again to watch.

Talking to my mate tonight though, he's having a horror time since his credit card expired and when he logs into LP to subscribe he gets geo-blocked. So LP has definitely upgraded something to make using a VPN to sign up much more difficult.
Absolute campaigners the nba are, we're the biggest buyers of league pass outside of america and we get fingered with a ridiculous price

PHX

Quarterback Style
Jan 15, 2006
Oz
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Absolute campaigners the nba are, we're the biggest buyers of league pass outside of america and we get fingered with a ridiculous price
Found success using Private Internet Access's Georgia VPN and Chrome Incognito mode. Ended up being about $80 AUD (189.99 Georgian Lari) for full LP, which is a decent saving. Might have been able to find cheaper if I'd kept raffling but didn't think it was worth my time and my mate was happy with that.

Quit the VPN and logged back in and preseason match fired up no worries so hopefully that's a good sign for the regular season that Georgia has no geo-blocking after sign-up.

If you don't have PIA VPN probably worth just raffling through those Eastern Euro, South American and African VPNs on whatever your VPN provider is until you find a winner as by this I figure the NBA has identified IPs that PIA uses and blocked them from showing the local price.

Brazil, Canada, South Africa and a couple more I all found when trying to sign up showed USD$199.99 which is even more than the Australia price of $169USD/$239AUD.

PHX

Quarterback Style
Jan 15, 2006
Oz
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
How did you guys pay, its not allowing my card through india
Careful with India. That's the one where you'll always need a VPN to watch if its like previous years, if that bothers you.

For Georgia I just choose my credit card country as Georgia instead of Australia and it had no worries charging it.

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2007
somewhere
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Careful with India. That's the one where you'll always need a VPN to watch if its like previous years, if that bothers you.

For Georgia I just choose my credit card country as Georgia instead of Australia and it had no worries charging it.
Yeah my vpn provider doesnt have georgia

Dez!

Hall of Famer
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
What's the country you guys have listed in your account on the website? I'm currently listed as AU although I'd been using Canada price for the last couple of years but I'm not sure if I was actually listed as Canada on the website and they've changed it to AU.

I have to update my payment details because the card has expired and I've seen some people say there's got renewed as normal with the price they had been paying with the VPN without doing anything, so just wondering if I update the payment details will I just get billed at the same price I had been or will it just bill me the AU price?

Dez!

Hall of Famer
Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
What's the country you guys have listed in your account on the website? I'm currently listed as AU although I'd been using Canada price for the last couple of years but I'm not sure if I was actually listed as Canada on the website and they've changed it to AU.

I have to update my payment details because the card has expired and I've seen some people say there's got renewed as normal with the price they had been paying with the VPN without doing anything, so just wondering if I update the payment details will I just get billed at the same price I had been or will it just bill me the AU price?
Never mind, it was Argentina and the email said it'll renew in the currency it was originally purchased in.

Excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeffers

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2002
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Arsenal/Penrith/LA Lakers
Looks like they've given up on the VPN block (probably due to shitloads of subscribers dropping off thinking they will allow themselves to get extorted).
Signed up for Argentina for a 7 day trial then used code SWISH20 for 20% off. Brought it down to $48AUD for the season.

BEaston

Hungry
Oct 9, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wtf is with the trash UI changes this season?
It's a nightmare.

Also I share an account with mates, we used to be able to get 2 or 3 simultaneous connections, but this season it kicks someone off as soon as a 2nd tries to join. Annoying.

Remove this Banner Ad