NBA League Pass

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait so Vpn through south africa is 67 for the year and it works fine, and you dont need the vpn to watch it?
Correct but mine was autorenewed. I've been in South Africa and Canada and Brazil in recent years to sign up and never had to use a VPN again to watch.

Talking to my mate tonight though, he's having a horror time since his credit card expired and when he logs into LP to subscribe he gets geo-blocked. So LP has definitely upgraded something to make using a VPN to sign up much more difficult.

Correct but mine was autorenewed. I've been in South Africa and Canada and Brazil in recent years to sign up and never had to use a VPN again to watch.

Talking to my mate tonight though, he's having a horror time since his credit card expired and when he logs into LP to subscribe he gets geo-blocked. So LP has definitely upgraded something to make using a VPN to sign up much more difficult.
Absolute campaigners the nba are, we're the biggest buyers of league pass outside of america and we get fingered with a ridiculous price

Absolute campaigners the nba are, we're the biggest buyers of league pass outside of america and we get fingered with a ridiculous price

Found success using Private Internet Access's Georgia VPN and Chrome Incognito mode. Ended up being about $80 AUD (189.99 Georgian Lari) for full LP, which is a decent saving. Might have been able to find cheaper if I'd kept raffling but didn't think it was worth my time and my mate was happy with that.

Quit the VPN and logged back in and preseason match fired up no worries so hopefully that's a good sign for the regular season that Georgia has no geo-blocking after sign-up.

If you don't have PIA VPN probably worth just raffling through those Eastern Euro, South American and African VPNs on whatever your VPN provider is until you find a winner as by this I figure the NBA has identified IPs that PIA uses and blocked them from showing the local price.

Brazil, Canada, South Africa and a couple more I all found when trying to sign up showed USD$199.99 which is even more than the Australia price of $169USD/$239AUD.

How did you guys pay, its not allowing my card through india
Careful with India. That's the one where you'll always need a VPN to watch if its like previous years, if that bothers you.

For Georgia I just choose my credit card country as Georgia instead of Australia and it had no worries charging it.

What's the country you guys have listed in your account on the website? I'm currently listed as AU although I'd been using Canada price for the last couple of years but I'm not sure if I was actually listed as Canada on the website and they've changed it to AU.

I have to update my payment details because the card has expired and I've seen some people say there's got renewed as normal with the price they had been paying with the VPN without doing anything, so just wondering if I update the payment details will I just get billed at the same price I had been or will it just bill me the AU price?

What's the country you guys have listed in your account on the website? I'm currently listed as AU although I'd been using Canada price for the last couple of years but I'm not sure if I was actually listed as Canada on the website and they've changed it to AU.

I have to update my payment details because the card has expired and I've seen some people say there's got renewed as normal with the price they had been paying with the VPN without doing anything, so just wondering if I update the payment details will I just get billed at the same price I had been or will it just bill me the AU price?

Never mind, it was Argentina and the email said it'll renew in the currency it was originally purchased in.

Excellent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like they've given up on the VPN block (probably due to shitloads of subscribers dropping off thinking they will allow themselves to get extorted).
Signed up for Argentina for a 7 day trial then used code SWISH20 for 20% off. Brought it down to $48AUD for the season.

Wtf is with the trash UI changes this season?
It's a nightmare.

Agreed, I have not been able to watch a single game so far this season, it simply will not play, I click on the watch button nothing happens. After about 2-3 weeks of emailing support to help me, they were unable to fix the problems I was having so I got a refund on this seasons LP.

Have resorted to watching games here and there elsewhere.

Too expensive as a product when competing with other options: Foxtel, Kayo etc. Especially in the current market. Money grab.

Too expensive as a product when competing with other options: Foxtel, Kayo etc. Especially in the current market. Money grab.

Yep, if you pay the Australian price. However, if you're buying it via VPN from Argentina/Mexico etc. it's around $50-$60 which is excellent value. Foxtel/Kayo is a rip off during non footy season imo.

any tips on getting cheap ass league pass for this year?.
was looking at india via epic web browser but suggests can only use an indian IP. so does this suggest i cant sign up then sign in on my apple tv?...

any tips on getting cheap ass league pass for this year?.
was looking at india via epic web browser but suggests can only use an indian IP. so does this suggest i cant sign up then sign in on my apple tv?...
Try South Africa - it requires VPN for sign-up but apparently not to watch.

NBA League pass would not let me watch games through Safari.Saying Games are not live when they are being played.I chatted to them and I had to download Firefox and it worked straight away.
Hopefully it gets sorted soon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back