YelloMit

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 2, 2006
Canberra
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks
Made this thread because of the released demo.

So, it isn't TOO bad, but geez, 2k is better in almost every way.

BTW, online is so goddamn laggy. I seriously regret making a 3 point shooter. You CANNOT hit a jump shot on online. If you're a slasher or a big, you'll be okay. Jump shooter? Nope, you're ****ed.

Also, ******* PASS THE BALL.

Visually it looks good but for me the controls are very unresponsive and the movement is robotic.

An improvement on Live 16 and can be fun but it won't beat 2k any time soon.

Their presentation with the inclusion of First Take in The One I did enjoy, although they should let you skip the scenes if you want.

Playing the demo now and having a ton of fun

Haven't played a lot of 2K lately

Visually it looks good but for me the controls are very unresponsive and the movement is robotic.

An improvement on Live 16 and can be fun but it won't beat 2k any time soon.

Their presentation with the inclusion of First Take in The One I did enjoy, although they should let you skip the scenes if you want.

What do you mean it's robotic? Animations flow well though?

Faces are great too. Well except Durant

Don't bother with the online, it seriously is just watch one guy dribble around for the entire shot clock and then hoist up a s**t contested shot.
Yep. Or they just drive into a 2 on 1 and get blocked.

I was about to complain about the clunkiness of the Frostbite engine for sports games, but apparently this doesn't use it.

The shot contest system when you are attacking is so much better than 2k. Mid-range scoring is actually a thing because having an opponent within 5 metres of you doesn't count as a contest. However, when you are defending, the right stick control is so slow to let you stick your hand up.

I'd buy it if it were coming out now to fill the time until 2k, but there's no chance I'm grabbing it 4 days before. Maybe a bargain purchase in 9 months time, because the story mode seems less cluttered with microtransactions and grinds than 2K.

Is NBA Live 18: The One Edition the full version? It's the only version on the XB1 store but it's only $50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like some of the different animations and as mentioned the mid range game with pull-ups, step backs etc but agree it does feel a bit stiff and slow.

Anyone know if it'll have ultimate team like EA's other games? Don't like the 2k equivalent of that, if it does I might buy it.

I like some of the different animations and as mentioned the mid range game with pull-ups, step backs etc but agree it does feel a bit stiff and slow.

Anyone know if it'll have ultimate team like EA's other games? Don't like the 2k equivalent of that, if it does I might buy it.
Yeah it will.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back