NBA Mock draft thread/2017 Official NBA draft thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 9, 2015
South Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls,
Just a thread for people to discuss where they think players will end up and for mock drafts.
Here's my Final Top 10 as of 22/08/17

1. Philadelphia 76's select Markelle Fultz-Obvious choice here, he will provide Philly with scoring and playmaking and he will fit very well with Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons

2. LA Lakers select Lonzo Ball- Lonzo is the best pure passer in the draft and he makes players around him much better, now that D'angelo Russell has been traded you can just about say Lonzo to the lakers is a done deal.

3. Boston Celtics select Jayson Tatum-The Celtics could take Josh Jackson here but I don't think they need another great defender as they have Bradley,crowder and brown. Tatum is an elite scorer and has a smooth mid range jumper. He could start at the 3 but I think he could be great coming off the bench as the 6th man.

4. Phoenix Suns select Josh Jackson-he could either start at the 2 or 3 or provide a spark off the bench, he's a great defender and has shown late throughout the college year that he can hit the 3. I see him developing into a Jimmy Butler type player.

5. Sacramento Kings select DeAaron Fox- I think the Kings will take Fox as he is best available and they would love to add a young point guard to the team. Fox is a very skilled, quick guard who I think could end up being similar to John Wall.

6. Orlando Magic select Malik Monk- Monk is a deadly 3 pt shooter and will provide the magic with much needed outside scoring. Monk is also a good passer and could potentially play as a PG but I like him at the 2.

7. Minnesota Timberwolves select Johnathan Isaac- Isaac arguably has the most potential out of anyone in this draft, the Florida product is 6,11 has the ability to play the 3 or 4 and is a terrific defender. He is one of my personal favourites from this draft. He would fit perfectly at the 4 next to Karl Anthony Towns.

8. New York Knicks select Frank Ntilikina- I don't know a lot about this guy but he has a lot of potential, he has a 7.1 wingspan which is ridiculous for a point guard. I think he will be an elite defender at the NBA level because of his wingspan but there are many question marks over him as he didn't play in college. He has shown in international play that he can hit the 3. I have heard the Knicks are keen on him

9. Dallas Mavericks select Dennis Smith JR- Smith was talked about as a potential number 1 pick before he injured his knee, I really rate smith and think he could be the best PG in the draft. He is a great scorer and playmaker and will slot straight into the starting lineup at Dallas (surely).

10. Sacramento Kings select Lauri Markkenen-Now there are a few options at 10 for Sacramento (Anunoby,Collins,Jackson) but I think they will take arguably the best shooter in the draft Lauri Markkenen, he is a 7ft PF who shot 42% from 3 this year. There is a chance this pick could be traded.

This is just my opinion so only constructive Criticism please

Last edited:
Question is do we account for any potential trades in a mock? If Philly stands pat at 3 they are probably leaning towards Jackson over fox.. although DSJ is tempting too.. If he went 9 that is a steal for carlisle and Cuban

Just a thread for people to discuss where they think players will end up and for mock drafts.
Here's my top 10 at the moment.

1. Boston Celtics select Markelle Fultz-Obvious choice here, he will provide celtics with scoring and playmaking and he will also take some pressure off IT.

2. LA Lakers select Lonzo Ball- Even though there is talks they might take Fox here I believe they will take Ball as he is (imo) the best prospect available and is a true point guard.

3. Philadelphia 76's select Deaaron Fox- Fox will inject a lot of speed into the 76's lineup and give them a good pg to build around (haven't had once since....Holiday?)I also wouldn't be suprised if pick is traded to Sacramento as they are very keen on Fox.

4. Phoenix Suns select Josh Jackson- Jackson would be a perfect fit in Phoenix, he could either start at the 3 or provide a spark off the bench, he's a good defender and has shown late throughout the college year that he can hit the 3. I see him developing into a Jimmy Butler type player.

5. Sacramento Kings select Jayson Tatum- Tatum is perfect replacement for Rudy Gay if he doesn't return to the Kings, he's a great athlete and has a smooth jumper.

6. Orlando Magic select Malik Monk- Monk is a deadly 3 pt shooter and will provide the magic with much needed outside scoring. Monk is also a good passer and could potentially play as a PG but I like him at the 2.

7. Minnesota Timberwolves select Johnathan Isaac- Isaac arguably has the most potential out of anyone in this draft, the Florida product is 6,11 has the ability to play the 3 or 4 and is a terrific defender. He is one of my personal favourites from this draft.

8. New York Knicks select Frank Ntilikina- I don't know a lot about his guy but he has a lot of potential, he has a 7.1 wingspan which is ridiculous for a point guard. I think he will be an elite defender at the NBA level because of his wingspan but there are many question marks over him as he didn't play in college.

9. Dallas Mavericks select Dennis Smith jr- The mavs are crying out for a franchise PG and they get one here. Smith was talked about as a potential number 1 pick before he injured his knee, I really rate smith and think he could be the best PG in the draft. He is a great scorer and playmaker and will slot straight into the starting lineup at Dallas (surely).

10. Sacramento Kings select Lauri Markkenen-Now there are a few options at 10 for Sacramento (Anunoby,Collins,Jackson) but I think they will take arguably the best shooter in the draft Lauri Markkenen, he is a 7ft PF who shot 42% from 3 this year. There is a good chance this pick will be traded if the draft pans out like it has here as the best prospects available aren't needed for the Kings.
This is just my opinion so only constructive Criticism please
Can't have to much to say about this I reckon exactly to this is how the draft will work out with the reasons you have mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

My 76ers mate seems to think that its likely the 76ers trade down in the draft, given theyre going to take a PG and theres a fair few available.
Yeah I think there's a good chance it happens, Theres a few teams that would be looking to move up, a couple trade scenarios I've seen around the internet are; the wolves trade 7 and Dunn for 3 and Mcconnell Sacramento trade 5, Malachi Richardson and a second round pick for pick 3.
Orlando trade 6 and fournier for 3.
Dallas trade Wes Matthews , a second rounder & 9 for 3

Yeah I think there's a good chance it happens, Theres a few teams that would be looking to move up, a couple trade scenarios I've seen around the internet are; the wolves trade 7 and Dunn for 3 and Mcconnell Sacramento trade 5, Malachi Richardson and a second round pick for pick 3.
Orlando trade 6 and fournier for 3.
Dallas trade Wes Matthews , a second rounder & 9 for 3
Thibs is the only one who likes Dunn. I wish we could trade up for another shot

1-Fultz
2-Fox
3-Ball
4-Jackson
5-Smith
6-Monk
7-Issac
8-Ntilikina
9-Tatum
10-Lauri
11-TJ Leaf
12-Kennard

However.

I think Portland need to chuck all their picks 15-20-26 to try to get into the top 10, Would Orlando/Dallas/Sac bite? If they can trade pick 15-20-26+salary for pick 10 they need to do that. Sac would entertain it, a top 5 pick chance for a star, Pick 10 for 3 first round picks?

76'ers could trade down for a PG who is happy to play a second role, Imagine Lakers trading D Russell+Future unprotected first for Pick 3, Lakers end up taking Ball then taking an absolute punt in Issac/Jackson/Lauri for thge plan to load up with George.

Celtics trading out Pick 1 for someone like Butler+Mirotic+First, and Fultz still goes number 1.

Does Kahn get brought back to the wolves and trades pick 7 for Jeff Teague?

It's pretty open, A lot of these teams up top already have some good PG prospects, Thomas, Lakers have a young Russell and Clarkson is good enough to start in the league. 76er's who do they take? They already have some promising playmakers in Simmons/Saric, Do they just trade for a vet+future picks?

Kings need everything, Can they trade pick 10 for 15-20-16 and start pick 5-15-20-26-Hield in 2017/18

Does Orlando Take Issac and absolutely stuff up MInnesota's only need who's the best available in his position?

Last edited:
1-Fultz
2-Fox
3-Ball
4-Jackson
5-Smith
6-Monk
7-Issac
8-Ntilikina
9-Tatum
10-Lauri
11-TJ Leaf
12-Kennard

However.

I think Portland need to chuck all their picks 15-20-26 to try to get into the top 10, Would Orlando/Dallas/Sac bite? If they can trade pick 15-20-26+salary for pick 10 they need to do that. Sac would entertain it, a top 5 pick chance for a star, Pick 10 for 3 first round picks?

76'ers could trade down for a PG who is happy to play a second role, Imagine Lakers trading D Russell+Future unprotected first for Pick 3, Lakers end up taking Ball then taking an absolute punt in Issac/Jackson/Lauri for thge plan to load up with George.

Celtics trading out Pick 1 for someone like Butler+Mirotic+First, and Fultz still goes number 1.

Does Kahn get brought back to the wolves and trades pick 7 for Jeff Teague?

It's pretty open, A lot of these teams up top already have some good PG prospects, Thomas, Lakers have a young Russell and Clarkson is good enough to start in the league. 76er's who do they take? They already have some promising playmakers in Simmons/Saric, Do they just trade for a vet+future picks?

Kings need everything, Can they trade pick 10 for 15-20-16 and start pick 5-15-20-26-Hield in 2017/18

Does Orlando Take Issac and absolutely stuff up MInnesota's only need who's the best available in his position?
I don't rate Kennard as highly as others, seems to be abit one dimensional and a lousy defender, Justin Jackson seems to be a much better prospect in my eyes. Although I could see Kennard being a good 3 point shooter at NBA level which could make teams pull the trigger earlier and take him.

my mock draft
1 Fultz Boston Celtics
2 Josh Jackson Los Angeles Lakers
3 Fox Philadelphia 76ers- traded to Kings
4 Ball Phoenix Suns
5 Monk Sacramento Kings- traded to Sixers
6 Tatum Orlando Magic
7 Markkanen Minnesota Timberwolves
8 Dennis Smith JR New York Knicks
9 Ntilikina Dallas Mavericks
10 Donovan Mitchell Sacramento Kings
11 John Collins Charlotte Hornets
12 Isaac Detroit Pistons
13 Harry Giles Denver Nuggets
14 Jarrett Allen Miami Heat
15 Justin Jackson Portland Trail Blazers
16 Luke Kennard Chicago Bulls
17 Isaiah Hartenstein Milwaukee Bucks-
18 TJ Leaf Indiana Pacers
19 Ivan Rabb Atlanta Hawks
20 Terrance Ferguson Portland Trail Blazers
21 Ike Anigbogu Oklahoma City Thunder
22 Jordan Bell Brooklyn Nets
23 O.G Anunoby Toronto Raptors
24 Bam Adebayo Utah Jazz
25 Kostja Mushidi Orlando Magic
26 Semi Ojeleye Portland Trail Blazers
27 Anzejs Pasecniks Brooklyn Nets
28 Caleb Swingman Los Angeles Lakers
29 Kostja Mushidi San Antonio Spurs
30 Monte Morris Utah Jazz

Last edited:
my mock draft
1 Fultz Boston Celtics
4 Ball Phoenix Suns
6 Tatum Orlando Magic
12 Isaac Detroit Pistons
24 Bam Adebayo Utah Jazz

Why would Lakers take Jackson when they're grooming Ingram for the 3?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why would Lakers take Jackson when they're grooming Ingram for the 3?
Jackson would develop into a 4
Arguably the best thing about Jackson is that he could play SG,SF,PF. If he gets drafted by Sixers he will play the 2 (Simmons 3, Saric 4. Lakers, probably play the 2 (Ingram 3, Randle 4). Suns, (probably the 3/4 and swap with TJ warren). My opinion

Arguably the best thing about Jackson is that he could play SG,SF,PF. If he gets drafted by Sixers he will play the 2 (Simmons 3, Saric 4. Lakers, probably play the 2 (Ingram 3, Randle 4). Suns, (probably the 3/4 and swap with TJ warren). My opinion

Saric will come off the bench

Or did Boston cancel it? Everyone know's they're taking Fultz anyway
Nar he cancelled it
Boston been working out a lot of guys regardless and so has faults
Did a workout with kings yesterday

God I hope the Kings don't draft another center. Vlade Divac will probably screw this one up again. :eek:

It couldn't be anymore simple for the Kings here. Pick the best available point guard with pick 5 (hopefully Fox), and a small forward/forward with pick 10.

my mock draft
1 Fultz Boston Celtics
4 Ball Phoenix Suns
6 Tatum Orlando Magic
12 Isaac Detroit Pistons
24 Bam Adebayo Utah Jazz
0 chance in my opinion that Isaac slips to 12. Knicks, Mavs and Sacramento would all strongly consider him with those picks. He has huge potential

Here it is in graphical form

C__ahEgUIAA7kIe.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back